Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Breaking News: Redesigned 2014 Mustang GT To Have 455HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

They're hardly struggling...lol. They used direct injection in ALMS for years...I've talked to powertrain engineers at the museum...they aren't struggling...believe me....
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Yeah and that 2015 Mustang won't come with a taint cooler!!
My Ferd F150 has taint coolers and heaters.

Last edited by Omega Man; 01-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
APPLES and ORANGES.Different clientele shop the Stang. It wouldn't matter if the Vette had 8000 hp,Stang people are going to buy Stangs and Vette people will buy Vettes.Different cars too.Muscle car/sports car thing.So the HP thing is irrelevant between these two cars.Now if you want relevance,you need to talk Mustang/Camaro. Direct competitors.
This is not accurate.
I have Shelby GT500's, I have Nissan GT-R's, I have owned a number of high performance cars including a 900+ rwhp Viper GTS and an E55.
One of my GT500's stickered at $67,090, the other stickered for $63,825. That is well into 'Vette territory, in fact, it's into Z06 territory (at least C6 cars). Based on price, there will be "Mustang owners" who cross shop, IMO.
S.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
:rof l::r ofl:

TAINT....first time ever used on the Corvette forum I bet...hahahaha
Nope.... I used it previously here........
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't you guys realize that the only way Ford can compete with the Corvette is by throwing horsepower at what amounts to a cheap muscle car. Sure the Ford guys will buy the Mustang because its a Mustang but most people who buy Corvettes buy them because they want a drivers car. Not some gas guzzling pig that drives like a breadbox. The ones that jump ship for the Mustang are what you can refer to as fair weather fans. Others are your typical stop light or street racer and in an over powered Mustang, they make the roads a more dangerous place.

Your agrument just doesn't apply to most Corvette owners who are not concerned about who makes it to the next stoplight first. And there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that a 450HP or even 500HP Breadbox dubbed Mustang is going to beat the base model C7 at anything other than the Ugliest Car On The Road contest.

When I pull up next to a Mustang, you can bet that most Mustang owners only wish they can own a new Corvette. Instead the settle for what the can afford and if they like Fords, they settle for that.

I for one will NEVER own a Mustang again even if they came out with a 700HP version and gave it to me. I've owned them. They handle like crap and Fords service is as bad as it gets when it comes to a major issue.

Your argument is stupid.

Last edited by slief; 01-16-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

:rof l::r ofl:

TAINT....first time ever used on the Corvette forum I bet...hahahaha
You'd be wrong...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
barry1me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're hardly struggling...lol. They used direct injection in ALMS for years...I've talked to powertrain engineers at the museum...they aren't struggling...believe me....
I work with several powertrain engineers on a daily basis on joslyn road, not at a museum. Not knocking GM, but they are behind when it comes to what Ford can do with a much smaller motor.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEMANN
oh, but what if the new Mustang has 450HP+ )...
Feel free to buy it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
supermetroid
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

When it comes to muscle cars, Ford is doing alot better than Chevy. Look at the Boss, it's not just a red light racer, but a track car. If they keep going in that direction (focusing on weight and handling) then the next gen Mustangs will be all around performers like the Vette. That's when it will be tricky for GM, they will just have to let the Mustang kill the Camaro so the Camaro won't step into Corvette territory in overall performance.
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by barry1me
But Ford is dominating with the capabilities of the Coyote 5.0 motor. Its pretty sad that ford can make 430hp with a non direct injection 5.0l in 2011, and GM struggles to make 450hp with a 6.2L direction injection in 2014.
Sorry, disagree here. How exactly is Ford dominating? Mind share of people who focus on only peak HP/L?

Coyote 5.0 vs an LS3 - Which engine would you rather have?

BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You'd be wrong...
Back in the early days we probably had a member named that.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM
The Dizzy Vizzy
Instructor

In the HISTORY of production cars, a MUSTANG will never be as advanced, or more agressive than a Corvette.

In high school, I had a '68 Mustang Coupe w/a 351 Cleavland in it. The engine was so damn stong, it eventually ripped into the frame, and the car was useless at the end of the year.

On top of that, I had GRADUATED to a 1969 Z28 (although it did NOT have the DZ302 engine in it, it DID have a modified 350 w/ Corvette camel-hump heads on it, and a Munci Rock-Crusher 5-speed manual transmission...

My point?

I don't think FORD will EVER come out with a Corvette Killer. NOPE, I just DON'T. I've seen some great cars in my time, but a MUSTANG that kills a CORVETTE? Has anyone here forgotten what a Corvette can do IN A CORNER?

FORGET IT FELLA, and just enjoy whatever it is you drive.

Nothing to see here folks, nope, not a thing.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
supermetroid
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

You have to admit that the Boss handles pretty well for a bloated car. They're saying next gen will be smaller and lighter (but they also said the same about the C7 lol).
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by barry1me
I work with several powertrain engineers on a daily basis on joslyn road, not at a museum. Not knocking GM, but they are behind when it comes to what Ford can do with a much smaller motor.
It was at an event...GM powertrain and ALMS engineers bud...

Working with someone doesn't mean you know anything either...secretaries work with them...
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Hey VETTEMANN -

Is it an irregularity issue?

I do so hope that pulling all this stuff out of your butt is helping your condition.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
Hey VETTEMANN -

I do so hope that pulling all this stuff out of your butt is helping your condition.
I am your new fan. (guy I quoted, not OP)
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 AM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think some people here realize what ford can do. They aren't hurting for money like chevy is. So if they wanted to produce an exotic, and they already have, they could. Ford is taking the mustang in a whole new direction in its next generation. It's rumored to drop a lot of weight and going to be a much better balanced car all around than what its been. Don't count Ford out. They have some good stuff under their sleeve for the new car.

Get notified of new replies

To Breaking News: Redesigned 2014 Mustang GT To Have 455HP

Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 AM
barry1me
Instructor

It was at an event...GM powertrain and ALMS engineers bud...

Working with someone doesn't mean you know anything either...secretaries work with them...
lol understand....same goes for the guys at events. Most of the development engineers are at the office working while the PR 'engineers' are talking to the enthusiasts. Im in an automotive engineer and have worked in automotive for almost 9 years now.....most engineers these days are secretaries pushing paper through systems.

Back on track....GM has not officially let the cat out of the bag yet on the LT1.....see my thread started in December.

Comparing the Vette to the mustang is always going to be a pissing match for Fan boys. I just sold my 09 Z in anticipation for the C7.

Vettes are a more well rounded vehicle...Stangs are a muscle car. Most people brag about the HP they put down, the 1/4 times they run....most dont brag that they put down a 1.07g on the skid pad or turned a record time at MIR. Since more people care about value and dont care so much about an amazing handling vehicle more people buy Stangs.....hence the reason Ford sold 100k mustangs in 2012, and GM sold 14k Vettes. I love the new vette, and cant wait to see it tomorrow at Cobo.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
Hey VETTEMANN -

You are on a roll tonight!
Yer gonna have a highlite reel worthy of SportCenter!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by bladex10
I don't think some people here realize what ford can do. They aren't hurting for money like chevy is. So if they wanted to produce an exotic, and they already have, they could. Ford is taking the mustang in a whole new direction in its next generation. It's rumored to drop a lot of weight and going to be a much better balanced car all around than what its been. Don't count Ford out. They have some good stuff under their sleeve for the new car.
They are taking it in a new direction? Women are going to be mad.

Quick Reply: Breaking News: Redesigned 2014 Mustang GT To Have 455HP