Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C6Z06 vs Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by GenerationX1
+2 , I think the Z06 should have died with the C5, ZR1 with C4.

Can't they come up with something new?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
+2 , I think the Z06 should have died with the C5, ZR1 with C4.

Can't they come up with something new?
Are you setting me up for something bro? I don't want to be no FOOL.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GenerationX1
Are you setting me up for something bro? I don't want to be no FOOL.
No brother I'm with you, except supercharging an LS7.... not a good idea, even if it didn't have a design flaw in the heads causing them to pop left and right.

Cast pistons and high compression is not meantnfor forced injection.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 10-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 AM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

No brother I'm with you, except supercharging an LS7.... not a good idea, even if it didn't have a design flaw in the heads causing them to pop left and right.

Cast pistons and high compression is not meantnfor forced injection.
Yea that is a good point...as I'm sure you know more about the C6Z than I do.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
So many would be wise to take what you two have to say with a grain of salt, even though you two consider yourself self proclaimed experts.
They proclaim to know everything about every C5 and Viper when they couldn't hold a candle to some of the C5 guys in the tech section(when talking about C5s).

And if they really want to talk C5s and supercharging, all they have to do is call Andy at A&A corvettes. He's built more supercharged C5s and C6s than the two Viper guys have had Cs or above when they were in school. Wait, that would not look good for Andy. Let me rephrase the statement. ......He's built more supercharged C5s and C6s than the two Viper guys have had D and F grades when they were in school.

Last edited by Dave68; 10-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Hokie
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BSheppard
I own both. A 06 Z06 and a 2002 GTS. Both have minimal mods (cat backs, high flow cats ext.). The Z is faster but not by much. They are both fast enough that the driver plays a big part.
I love the z06 but that GTS makes it look boring. The GTS FTW, still one of the sexiest cars on the road.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Augustus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's true the styling of the Viper still looks wild today as it did when it came out, and the performance is very impressive!
I Love both cars and would cherish either or.. The Viper would seem to be harder to find as not many of them were built and the prices are way up there. They hold their value very well.
I hope the Z06 will too... But then again better for me if it keeps dropping in price. LOL

That new C7 will have the same LS7 motor? When is that car coming out already!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM
ronniej
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06

Not sure if I can voice my opinion here or not because I've never owned a C6z before. Although, I currently own a 99 C5 vert, 07 C6 coupe (bone stock), 96 Viper GTS (bone stock), and a mild 97 Viper GTS. I believe it all depends on what youre looking for. Celebrity status and pics being taking constantly? Viper hands down!!! Normal Joe? Corvette hands down! I just sold my 05 Viper SRT not because of this, but the average person thought it was just another Corvette. If you want attention and most kids dream car, a viper is the one. This is just my worthless 2 cents as I'm not a speed guru.... There's an old Acura integra smoking every thing in my town, so that proves any car can be made fast if that's your perspective.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Speaking of exclusivity, let's take a look at some comparisons and in doing so, relate exclusivity to overall performance.
First, we have two Chrysler vehicles:

Which is more exclusive? Which would garner more attention? Which is a better daily driver?

Got that, okay, let's look at some more comparisons.
The Porsche 911 Turbo:

vs

Which is more common on the street? Which is faster? Which is more valuable?

How about this car?

Would it generate more attention on the street than a Viper among 16-25 years olds in LA?

Would an 18 year old be a "Rock Star" among his peers by driving one? If so, does that mean it is a better overall street car than a Z06?

The bottom line here is that Vipers are rare because they cost enough to make them rare + they are not good daily drivers for the average person. In every street comparo between a Viper and Corvette, the Corvette wins. Why? Because IT IS A BETTER STREET CAR! This where most folks drive, not on a track, or a dirt road in Baja, ON THE STREET. So the next time someone says that the Ariel Atom is a better vehicle than an MX5, tell him, yes, it is far better track car. But as a daily driver that is a blast to drive, the MX5 is the one to have.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 PM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Chevy has watered down the whole corvette line, to many models, widebodys put in cars with the base motor etc, pisses me off.
Someone call in a WAHHHHHHmbulance.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Augustus
Racer

OMG! The Viper and the Z06 look better than that Hatchback Ford..

Those pictures amplify how much better a Vette/Viper look against anything else, even against the Porsche... and being a Porsche guy. I have a 935 koenig porsche done on a 72 911 and can't wait to get it completed again with the six webbers that need the be rebuilt on the motor. sitting for a couple of years now!

Pound for pound... Hard to beat Detroit Iron!. I got to hand it to the Big three GM/Ford/Chrysler for giving us the Best cars period!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 AM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Augustus

Those pictures amplify how much better a Vette/Viper look against anything else, even against the Porsche... and being a Porsche guy. I have a 935 koenig porsche done on a 72 911 and can't wait to get it completed again with the six webbers that need the be rebuilt on the motor. sitting for a couple of years now!

Pound for pound... Hard to beat Detroit Iron!. I got to hand it to the Big three GM/Ford/Chrysler for giving us the Best cars period!
AMEN to that brother.

I'm very happy into todays time to finally see some awesome machines from the good ole' USA that can compete very well against what the European market has and it's about damn time. lol
Old 10-06-2012, 01:56 AM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Please tell me you have pics of this
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Augustus
Racer

Yes Yes I do have pics of it. I have some on my Blackberry and some on my home computer.
The car is a joy..Has the 345 35 15tires out back like a Countach and very light car.It moves pretty good with that little 6 cylinder LOL
Now I'm at work right now and should be able to post it on here probably late tonight or Sunday night provided I don't get hammerd with the family Thanksgiving get togethers..

Okay How do you post pics on here again????
Old 10-06-2012, 11:52 AM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Someone will always be faster, no matter what you buy. At a certain point, speed becomes a byproduct to the total package for a fun street car. If you have no blind allegiance, unlike me, for the money I say go Viper.

I never use to be a big Viper person, then I started reading the history of the car's inception. Good group of people just like those that worked on the C4 ZR-1 back in the day. And just like the ZR-1 team, they were passionate builders who wanted to make something the world told them they were incapable of making. I really appreciated that, I'm glad it made it off the drawing board. And that's coming from one serious Corvette cool-aid drinker.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

what the old fella was trying to do was point out the opposite , he shot himself in the foot
Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Show them to a typical big city teenager and believe it or not, the "Fast & Furious" car will be preferred 10:1 over an "old guy's Viper car", especially when the fast & Furious car does the quarter in 8.5 seconds. You look at things from your prospective but that is often not the same prospective as an 18 year old.

And the point I was trying to make with the 911 Turbo is that even though it is not as rare on the street as a Viper, the 911 is faster, so while the Viper may generate more attention, it is not a better or faster street car. The tables turn when we compare the Viper to a pristine 67 L88 Corvette with side pipes - not as fast or pleasant to drive as a Viper, but the Corvette would generate far more attention on the street. It's like comparing Mick Jaggar to Justin Bieber, with Jagger as the Corvette. He's a legend but can't move the way Bieber can.

In other words, being "like a rockstar" in a car and actually driving the best street car are often exclusive. It's like the guy who looks at someone's drilled rotors and say's "Hey, that's cool - racing rotors!" Their perception has nothing to do with whether the rotors are the best. So Nytmere's reasoning that ZR1s are so common that it's always better to drive a Viper, instead means only that he gets more attention in his car, NOT that his car is actually better than the more common ZR1.

Last edited by Dave68; 10-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z06 vs Viper GTS

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave68
Show them to a typical big city teenager and believe it or not, the "Fast & Furious" car will be preferred 10:1 over an "old guy's Viper car", especially when the fast & Furious car does the quarter in 8.5 seconds. You look at things from your prospective but that is often not the same prospective as an 18 year old.

And the point I was trying to make with the 911 Turbo is that even though it is not as rare on the street as a Viper, the 911 is faster, so while the Viper may generate more attention, it is not a better or faster street car. The tables turn when we compare the Viper to a pristine 67 L88 Corvette with side pipes - not as fast or pleasant to drive as a Viper, but the Corvette would generate far more attention on the street. It's like comparing Mick Jaggar to Justin Bieber, with Jagger as the Corvette. He's a legend but can't move the way Bieber can.

In other words, being "like a rockstar" in a car and actually driving the best street car are often exclusive. It's like the guy who looks at someone's drilled rotors and say's "Hey, that's cool - racing rotors!" Their perception has nothing to do with whether the rotors are the best. So Nytmere's reasoning that ZR1s are so common that it's always better to drive a Viper, instead means only that he gets more attention in his car, NOT that his car is actually better than the more common ZR1.

Mick Jagger?, sorry I wasn't born when the stones were big, your posts are ridiculous.

Who said the 911 is faster than the viper?

Where did I say my viper is better than a Zr1?, for a guy who is twice my age, you talk like a 6 year old, what do you mean by better?, lots of factors including what one is looking for in a car.

I did say that a C6ZR1 IMO is a better car than my 06z06 was, it is, both cars are of the same breed, unlike Viper and vette which are totally different animals.

You keep talking about cars you have never even sat in, you are like an annoying nat that never goes away.

It's ironic you bring up the "fast and furious teens" , from 10 years ago, the new movies have 98% American muscle ( dodge was the main sponsor for the last movie), they use cars that are actually fast now, the civics are gone, just shows how stuck you are in the past.

Yep 10 years ago a fast furious teen would secretly lust a car they could never even sit in or drive, if they did they would kill themselfs.... So of course theywould say they prefer a civic........ Hey that sound familiar

Your posts provide zero info , zero help, and just show what a bitter insecure old man you are.

Posting things on a computer is obviously the only activity in your life
Very pathetic and sad, you need to argue with people, (you love mentioning my name in posts, I know you wish you were 30 years younger, drive what I drive , be single with zero kids, have all the great fun I have with young big breasted tight women etc.....

Hell my name is Dave!!!!!

I know you look forward to me responding to your posts, but then you go to the mods and tattle that you are being harrassed

If you enjoy Internet battles just register at viper alley( I'm sure you are on both viper boards as much as this one, as we all know your lust for them) and post the crap you do here.

They will have tons of fun with you before you get banned

Ok now I'm going back to not responding to your posts again, so don't bother quoting me, I'm cutting your fun off for a while
Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Poor Dave always falling flat on his face when he tries to offer insight on cars he has never owned, driven or sat it. Every opinion based on jealousy for those that have when he has not and never will have. Sad little old man.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:10 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 744 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by ronniej
I just sold my 05 Viper SRT not because of this, but the average person thought it was just another Corvette. .
Are you serious? NOBODY has ever mistaken my 08 Viper for a Corvette. That includes men, women, and kids. They see the car and go ballistic. Even if you don't know cars, the Viper emblems front and rear plus Viper SRT10 on the front fenders are a dead giveaway.

Quick Reply: C6Z06 vs Viper GTS