Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Foxbody?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:25 AM
armybyrd
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Foxbody?

In about a week Ill be back in Germany and Im looking for a cheap car to daily drive especially with winter coming up. I came across this '89 stang GT with $2k. Ive always liked the foxbodies though never been a vert fan and definitely not auto but muscle cars are rare in Germany so I def wouldnt mind this car too much. Still waiting to hear what all it needs to pass inspection but heres a link to the ad:
http://ramstein.bookoo.com/item23522...440&src=SEARCH

Any idea how much power it could be making with the listed mods?
Seller just messaged me back saying the timing off a little and the fuel guage doesnt work though another is included. Also the vert top is new.

Last edited by armybyrd; 10-17-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to get a Convertible Foxbody GT to daily drive during the winters in Germany? That sounds like about the worst idea ever. The price for the car/mods would be good otherwise. But it says it's not currently drivable/won't pass inspection. I have no idea how inspection/smog works here (I'm currently out in Stuttgart) but I bet it's a **** show and that's why they're dumping it cheap.

-TJ

PS- thanks for your service.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM
armybyrd
Drifting

well for the winters Id mainly be using it to get around post-if the roads are that bad I doubt Id be driving anywhere at all anyways. They said the timing is off and reason for the sale is the wife is going back stateside while the husband is about to deploy.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armybyrd
well for the winters Id mainly be using it to get around post-if the roads are that bad I doubt Id be driving anywhere at all anyways. They said the timing is off and reason for the sale is the wife is going back stateside while the husband is about to deploy.
In my experience "the timing is off" is a BS line people use on a car that won't smog (again I have no idea how smog works here in Germany). If it was really as easy as just adjusting the timing they'd do it themselves and sell the car for 2x what they're asking. It just sounds sketchy to me. I forget the specs on that cam, but IIRC it's a bit big to pass smog anyway.

-TJ
Old 10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
armybyrd
Drifting

Theres no smog test for US military stationed on Germany. Mainly they check for any kind of leak, parking brake, as well as all basic safety equipment. Dont think I can do automatic anyways.

Get notified of new replies

To Foxbody?

Quick Reply: Foxbody?