Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

ACR Takes back the ring record!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:45 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
Read em and weap, Bro, read em and weap!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_SR8

Lol may I have the desperation department please...
Quoting Wikipedia....lol
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
No one, with an ounce of any common sense, considers that car a production car.
Unless of course you are Dave68, who can't keep his nose out of any thread that has a "V" in it.
Butt out Dave, there are men talking here about cars you have never even stood next to.
The Radical is NOT street legal in the US and other countries so STFU you sorry poser.

Here's an official list by a guy who gets it: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.ph...&Itemid=300090

Oh and before you even say it, the Viper's new time is not on there as the "official" video has not been released yet.
But you can bet your shiny Starbucks shift **** it will be shortly.

and I quote (about the Radical) from your own link:

Road-legal in Britain and a LOT of other countries, but not everywhere - notably the USA and Germany. Hero Michael Vergers drove it on street-legal semi-slicks wearing jeans and a Polo shirt. He da man.
I know it's hard you you to accept that the Radical IS street legal in many countries but be a man and accept it!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Andrew M
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave68,

You win cause arguing with you feels like taking advantage of a handicap adversary.

I know its difficult for you to comprehend but my point was the NON ACR viper is just as comfy as an ACR I said nothing about it being more comfy than a Zr1.

But I can tell you what is,
Its the luxury car people drive around on a daily basis while their Zr1's/vipers sit in the garage waiting to be driven.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

What fool would consider a Viper ACR as a comfortable daily driver?????
C'mon, Jeonny and Elm street, the ACR was made (in limited quantities) for track use and so was the Radical. This you cannot deny! Just because Radical chose to use carbon fiber doesn't mean it can't be driven in England on the street. No, it isn't comfortable but it was never intended to be. And please don't place the ZR1 and ACR in the same catagory for street comfort. The ZR1 is truly a dual-purpose vehicle.
how many Zr1's have you driven?, How many Gen 4 Viper ACR's have you driven? Give it up we all know the answer ZERO!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by kageryu311
Wow. This shows your fanboyism toward the Viper. Listen, everyone is a fanboy of something, with you its the Viper, with me its other cars. Now please grow up.

As for the Viper's video and record I commend the Viper ACR for breaking the record. A job well done.
There arent many Viper owners, who havent had multiple vette's, I have one of each, and of total owned so far 5 vettes to one Viper.

Its not Viper owners being fanboys, It certain corvette owners(usually the ones who dont drive over 45mph), who are to stubborn to look out of the box.
I like and own anything that is american and fast, I made an exception with my Hyabusa for the obvious reason, I like performance, I also make the excuse that the Pistons(weisco) rods (carrillo) and Turbo(Garrett GT30r) all American, so the guts are american

Btw your GS IMO is the best looking C4 ever made
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Andrew M
Dave68,

You win cause arguing with you feels like taking advantage of a handicap adversary.

I know its difficult for you to comprehend but my point was the NON ACR viper is just as comfy as an ACR I said nothing about it being more comfy than a Zr1.

But I can tell you what is,
Its the luxury car people drive around on a daily basis while their Zr1's/vipers sit in the garage waiting to be driven.
very well put
Old 09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Lol may I have the desperation department please...
Quoting Wikipedia....lol
Like I said in an earlier post
He has to google and post a link from something.

In your earlier posts you and I mentioned he cant stay out of any post with a 'V" in it.
Then it struck me!!!!, I have finally cracked the mystery, of why Dave68 continues over, and over............. AND OVER...... to make his foolish(almost retarded, I do refer that as truly mentally challenged) Posts with anything that has a "V" in it

1. "V"agina, he must not like it , Maybe he likes "P"orsche? , if this doesnt apply refer to #2 or #4

2 If he does like "V" it clearly doesnt like him, which brings us to #3

3. "V"irgin" that would explain his pent up hatred toward the Viper, or anything that looks sexy, because he is repellent to anthing that is sexy, in any form.

4. Dave68? , Why not 69? , you can google what a 69 is dave, i'm sure you have never had to have the opportunity to do this with a "V"

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-28-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Nytmere this isn't viper alley, you are going to get the thread locked with stupid posts like that. You know there are mods looking firea reason to delete this triumph.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

and I quote (about the Radical) from your own link:

I know it's hard you you to accept that the Radical IS street legal in many countries but be a man and accept it!
Were you putting up this much argument when the ZR1 had the title oh so briefly? I think not. You're just a hater who has to demean the accomplishments of others to make your insecure self feel better. You have no real world experience in ANY fast car, but you regurgitate opinions from the web as your own. You're a sad little insecure man.

Once again, there are men here with real world experience in the cars we are discussing.
Move along, there is NOTHING for you here.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Nytmere this isn't viper alley, you are going to get the thread locked with stupid posts like that. You know there are mods looking firea reason to delete this triumph.
Exactly. This guy has to resort to name-calling and other childish behaviour, especially when someone doesn't agree with him - sad, very sad.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Were you putting up this much argument when the ZR1 had the title oh so briefly? I think not. You're just a hater who has to demean the accomplishments of others to make your insecure self feel better. You have no real world experience in ANY fast car, but you regurgitate opinions from the web as your own. You're a sad little insecure man.

Once again, there are men here with real world experience in the cars we are discussing.
Move along, there is NOTHING for you here.
Again, you are skewing things. I never bragged about the ZR1 being the fastest "production" car. Yet, this is precisely what many Viper owners are saying about the ACR. The fact remains that the Radical is street legal and considered a production car in England and other countries. It's somewhat hilarious that when ZR1 owners stated that the ZR1 would do much better at the ring with stickier tires, the Viper fan boys laughed and said the ACRs are built and sold for the track, so whatever they come with from the factory is legit and the ZR1 guys are just sore losers.
Yet, the Radical beats the Viper at its own game. The factory equipped it to be a track car and is thus very light and powerful. So you laugh at ZR1 owner's complaints, yet can't take the heat from a competitor that goes one step further in the "dedicated track department".
Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
kilr4d
Pro

Read the following and weap, Andrew.
Lol....seats?

The debate between Viper and Vette may rage on many fronts, but as the owner (not internet that gangster that has never sat in one) of both I can hands down say that the Vette has some of the worst sports car seats ever (Lazy-Boy) and the Viper has some of the best (Fit like a glove).
Old 09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Moundir
Drifting

Again, you are skewing things. I never bragged about the ZR1 being the fastest "production" car. Yet, this is precisely what many Viper owners are saying about the ACR. The fact remains that the Radical is street legal and considered a production car in England and other countries. It's somewhat hilarious that when ZR1 owners stated that the ZR1 would do much better at the ring with stickier tires, the Viper fan boys laughed and said the ACRs are built and sold for the track, so whatever they come with from the factory is legit and the ZR1 guys are just sore losers.
Yet, the Radical beats the Viper at its own game. The factory equipped it to be a track car and is thus very light and powerful. So you laugh at ZR1 owner's complaints, yet can't take the heat from a competitor that goes one step further in the "dedicated track department".
Let's just make this easy on you Dave. The two year old ACR destroyed the newest and greatest ZR1 at the ring Can you at least admit that
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Dave68
Race Director

I will if you admit that the Radical destroyed the Viper time, many years ago.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Dave, you aren't really helping your case. No one who knows what a Radical is, considers it a real car. If it's not legal to drive on the streets HERE IN THE US, then it's a non-factor for Americans (which is the largest market for almost any car manufacturer) as we have some of the toughest (if not THE toughest) safety standards in the world.

This is a far bigger accomplishment for a car that has rules to play by including emissions, safety standards which include airbags and rollover testing, front and rear windshields etc.

Tell Radical to make a car that complies with these standards and can still run that time at the nurburgring. When they do, then you'll have a case, but for now, you have nothing. The reason cars keep getting heavier is the ever increasing safety and emissions standards.

You are trying to compare an LMP type car in GT class racing which makes no sense. If you don't know what that means when I say that, then you have posted far too much in this thread for your level of knowledge on the subject.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Moundir
Drifting

I will if you admit that the Radical destroyed the Viper time, many years ago.
No body here denies that feat! It's your beyond insane comparison of the two cars that we find Although the viper might look like a radical sports car, it is by no means in the same league as the radical Even my little 5 year nephew knows the difference
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Newsflash: The Mosler MT900S also looks like a dedicated track car yet it is street legal in the US AND weighs significantly less than the Viper. The Mosler also has the VIR C&D lap record.So pointing out the fact that the Radical looks too much like a race car and is light because of safety differences is a poor excuse.

Get notified of new replies

To ACR Takes back the ring record!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Unfortunately for you, the ACR has undergone improvements since that 2008 issue of Car and Driver, the 2010 Viper has better gearing and is faster. Going from 1:35.1 to 1:33.9 at Laguna Seca, so that would translate to even more time on a higher speed, longer track like VIR Grand.

The moral of the story is that you haven't proven anything because the Mosler beat a slower addition of the Viper by an amount conceivably attainable by the new model.

On top of that, the Mosler has not run the ring faster than the Viper (whether it has tried or not)

On top of that, no one is claiming the Viper is the fastest car in the world, there are faster legit cars than the Viper, but none of them has run the ring faster.

You are really getting desperate now, and failing miserably.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Unfortunately for you, the ACR has undergone improvements since that 2008 issue of Car and Driver, the 2010 Viper has better gearing and is faster. Going from 1:35.1 to 1:33.9 at Laguna Seca, so that would translate to even more time on a higher speed, longer track like VIR Grand.

The moral of the story is that you haven't proven anything because the Mosler beat a slower addition of the Viper by an amount conceivably attainable by the new model.

On top of that, the Mosler has not run the ring faster than the Viper (whether it has tried or not)

On top of that, no one is claiming the Viper is the fastest car in the world, there are faster legit cars than the Viper, but none of them has run the ring faster.

You are really getting desperate now, and failing miserably.
You are correct, my post above(I'm surprized its not gone) was a little bit "alley", but its really all in good fun, ole dave68 just needs a little ribbing, because, his posts are so far fetched.
If you do a search of his posts he never leaves off topic(which is starnge for being a corvette owner) and is in EVERY topic about anything to do with the Viper.

I like them all, fast American made and dominate all the High priced euro, and *** cars.

BTW this is off this topic I just bought a 2012 Boss 302(it comes factory with a bullet proof forged Bottom end a viper spec 6 speed as the gt has cast internals and a six speed that is made in china, the manual trannys on the GT's have been breaking, and Ive seen a handfull of reports of melted pistons(which is going to happen with cast stuff), with the procharger kit that is specialy made for it, ), and have already ordered a procharger kit that is a dirrect bolt-on just for the car 4-5 hour install, no cutting, or revoving anything but the airbox.

If anybody wants real reviews just PM me, I dont want to start a topic on anything other than vettes(even though this is off topic), might hurt some peoples feelings.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 09-28-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 PM
kageryu311
Pro

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Btw your GS IMO is the best looking C4 ever made
My car isn't a C4!

Quick Reply: ACR Takes back the ring record!