Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Stock Boss 302 with DR's, Wow.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 AM
HP JNKEY
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stock Boss 302 with DR's, Wow.

Just watched a video on Youtube with a stock Boss 302 on Drag Radials running a 11.72 @ 117.2 mph.
Wow.

One fast Ford.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The new 5.0 has gone 11.7s with just a handheld tuner and DR's

The new mustangs are quick
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great to see the two American Icons still sporting plenty of muscle!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:12 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finelee
Just watched a video on Youtube with a stock Boss 302 on Drag Radials running a 11.72 @ 117.2 mph.
Wow.

One fast Ford.
Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

Umm, sounds like the new 5.0 has gone 11.7s with just the DRs... not DRs and the tuner.

-TJ
Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

The interesting part is they've gotten this thing down to 3600 lbs! Now with 440 hp that's a pretty potent machine for 40k...... No it's not cheap but on the other hand it's within striking distance of grabbing some vette customers that want a back seat. Also has some excellent track numbers on the twistes as this article backs up..... I've driven a GT500 on the track is was a brick roller skate! Looks like this Boss 302 will run away from a GT500 on road course real easy....

As its hot shoe, Ford brought 2010 Rolex 24hrs Daytona GT class winner Jonathan Bomarito, so we took the opportunity to gather some hard data on what the Boss could really do. Bomarito and the Boss knocked out two hot laps at 1:40.4 and 1:40.2.
How fast is that? Well, we compared those times against a few vehicles from our MRLS lap-time database and were astonished. With a professional racing driver behind the wheel, the 2009 BMW M3 that competed in our 2008 Best Handling competition clocked a 1:42.9. In our 2009 Best Driver's Car competition the 2010 Shelby GT500 lapped in 1:44.3 while a 2010 Audi R8 did it in 1:40.8. This puts the Boss 302 in a very elite field, and it's not the fastest Boss. According to Ford, Bomarito lapped the Boss Laguna Seca under 1 minute and 40 seconds.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz1IZbtNcAB
I suspect it's going to be significantly faster on the track then a Camaro ZL1..... Got to take my hat off to Ford producing a very potent machine at an affordable price.....

Last edited by cthusker; 04-04-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

Too bad they're fugly as sin.... but damn those are some nice times.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
Too bad they're fugly as sin.... but damn those are some nice times.
Wow If you think there fugly I can just imagine what you think of the hidious Camaro
Old 04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by 6speedC6
Wow If you think there fugly I can just imagine what you think of the hidious Camaro
I could be in the minority, but I prefer the looks of the new Camaro
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by TA
I could be in the minority, but I prefer the looks of the new Camaro
Hey if we all liked the same car where would the auto industry be???? LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Hey if we all liked the same car where would the auto industry be???? LOL
True enough
Old 04-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

100%. Not trying to beat a dead horse hear but the new Camaro to me looks like it belongs in a Cartoon and I HATE the front end of the car with it coming toward you.

To each his own, but I would take a new 5.0 Mustang GT with the Premium Perforamce Package all day long as a daily driver, and if I didn't already have 2 super fast cars that have manual tranny and manual valve body automatic in my 69 Road Runner, I would say I probably even prefer the new Mustang GT with manual trany and performance package, 3.73s and brembos, to my new Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1 Hemi that I daily drive all year round in Chicago.

Those are some REALLY impressive numbers for the new Boss Mustang on drag radials also, Ford has REALLY stepped up their game in my opinion, and let the horsepower wars contine it may not last long!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

I HATE the 5th gen Camaro
I HATE the '05+ Mustang
I Barely like the new Challenger but after owning a 4th gen Firehawk I've had my fill of heavy boats.

In my book, all the turn of the century "new" muscle cars are dead in the water looks wise and money wise.

I can appreciate they are putting big HP engines in them, but they NEED them, heavy azz bloated pigs all of them.

You asked my opinion, there you go.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
silver86
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
To each his own, but I would take a new 5.0 Mustang GT with the Premium Perforamce Package all day long as a daily driver, and if I didn't already have 2 super fast cars that have manual tranny and manual valve body automatic in my 69 Road Runner, I would say I probably even prefer the new Mustang GT with manual trany and performance package, 3.73s and brembos, to my new Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1 Hemi that I daily drive all year round in Chicago.

Those are some REALLY impressive numbers for the new Boss Mustang on drag radials also, Ford has REALLY stepped up their game in my opinion, and let the horsepower wars contine it may not last long!
Just picked one up myself. This is, believe it or not, one incredibly refined machine. Gone is the cheap "plasticy" feel from the 1st gen S197. The leather is supple, interior trim is quality, handling is impressively sharp and balanced, the MT-82 trans is like playing with silk, and the engine is just eager to rev with gobs of tourque to play with.

Styling over the top? Maybe. But i would've stuck with the Accord if that bothered me.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:19 AM
HP JNKEY
Drifting

Originally Posted by silver86
Just picked one up myself. This is, believe it or not, one incredibly refined machine. Gone is the cheap "plasticy" feel from the 1st gen S197. The leather is supple, interior trim is quality, handling is impressively sharp and balanced, the MT-82 trans is like playing with silk, and the engine is just eager to rev with gobs of tourque to play with.

Styling over the top? Maybe. But i would've stuck with the Accord if that bothered me.

Looks very nice.

My brother is excited now that he got a Vin number for his new Boss.
He ordered a White Boss 302 about 6 weeks ago for MSRP.
They think it might be ready in 3 or 4 more weeks.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Silver86,

Congrats on your new 5.0 with the Premium Package, I love these new Hi-Performance Mustangs, and I am still obsessing about a Silver/Black one that was for sale new a dealership 15 miles from me the last 4 months. Glad they finally sold it so I can quit obssessing about it and be satisified with what I have.

Enjoy it in good health man!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
silver86
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
ignatkor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
I HATE the 5th gen Camaro
I HATE the '05+ Mustang
I Barely like the new Challenger but after owning a 4th gen Firehawk I've had my fill of heavy boats.

In my book, all the turn of the century "new" muscle cars are dead in the water looks wise and money wise.

I can appreciate they are putting big HP engines in them, but they NEED them, heavy azz bloated pigs all of them.

You asked my opinion, there you go.
Comments like this and your previous one are waste of thread space. First of it is subjective, second nobody cares what you like. As far as weight goes, go trade your corvette for a lotus. It will represent you better

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Boss 302 with DR's, Wow.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
6speedC6
Drifting

I have a 2011 GT premium with the brembo package and it is one sweet car. Great power, real smooth and comfortable. THis is my 6th mustang including an 03 Cobra( I sold 6 months ago) and it is the best.
Not to say I don't love my corvettes but they are totally different cars and you can't compare them.

Don't care how many foreign "performance cars" are on the market,
You can't beat AMERICAN MUSCLE
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have always been a GM fanatic in a BIG way, but...

Love the way the Camaro looks but it's too heavy IMHO, but what kills it for me is actually sitting in it. The windows are too high up and short, it makes me feel almost like it's a cell or something. The new Challenger is gorgeous (and now available with an angry 392) but is a little heavier than the Camaro.

However, despite my dislike for all things Mustang for as long as I can remember, I have nothing but respect for the new GT 5.0 and now the BOSS. The new Mustangs (2011+) have finally earned my respect across the board, unlike the 2003-04 Cobras which had my respect despite their issues (shift into the radio/HVAC, anyone?) and the embarassment of the V6 and GT models of the SN95 generation (the 99 and 01 Cobra and the Mach 1 were still pretty cool but not great). If I had the choice between an 11 SS and an 11 GT, I would grab the Ford key fob so fast your head would spin. Kudos to Ford for a job well done.

On a different note, I'd still take a Vette over the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca (also a 2-seater) with NO hesitation.

Last edited by rjwz28; 04-05-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
HP JNKEY
Drifting

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I have always been a GM fanatic in a BIG way, but...

Love the way the Camaro looks but it's too heavy IMHO, but what kills it for me is actually sitting in it. The windows are too high up and short, it makes me feel almost like it's a cell or something. The new Challenger is gorgeous (and now available with an angry 392) but is a little heavier than the Camaro.

However, despite my dislike for all things Mustang for as long as I can remember, I have nothing but respect for the new GT 5.0 and now the BOSS. The new Mustangs (2011+) have finally earned my respect across the board, unlike the 2003-04 Cobras which had my respect despite their issues (shift into the radio/HVAC, anyone?) and the embarassment of the V6 and GT models of the SN95 generation (the 99 and 01 Cobra and the Mach 1 were still pretty cool but not great). If I had the choice between an 11 SS and an 11 GT, I would grab the Ford key fob so fast your head would spin. Kudos to Ford for a job well done.

On a different note, I'd still take a Vette over the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca (also a 2-seater) with NO hesitation.
I heard a Laguna Seca Boss just sold on ebay for over 100K. Don't know if that's true but it will be a collector car one day.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 with DR's, Wow.