Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2012 GTR vs Z06 vs GT500

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
RUGBY
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
I had just wished he had done a lap with the traction on in the Vette. It would of been interesting to see the lap time ? Stewy
You think the computers would slow a pro and help an amateur?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUGBY
You think the computers would slow a pro and help an amateur?
Against an electronic GTR you need every bit you can get. He was struggling in that Vette keeping good aim in and out of the exits that's why I would of liked to see if the sport mode locked on may have helped. Just a simple thought. He mentioned many times the car was alive. This may have prevented him from doing a slightly faster lap. I felt the car was looking slightly overpowered for the chassis with his arms getting crossed up a few times. I'm not saying this guy can't drive but I would of liked to see the Vette getting 10/10 th's against the best that's around. Stewy
Old 02-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RUGBY
Very cool car!
Very dated now but it had some *****. It was like a stealth fighter plane. Once the Turbos got spooling man that thing was faaaaaaast. It had no character, no appeal, nothing exciting except it could go around corners and out at Star Trek warp speed ! I actually broke the seat accelerating out of a corner in the early days before the Recaros were put in with race belts to keep me in the mother. My favorite was the R32 first generation GTR that car was lighter and it was scary fast. I don't think you guys got them over there. The Skyline GT-R soon earned the name "Godzilla", for its "monster" track performance and country of origin. The R32 GT-R dominated JTCC, winning all 29 races it entered in the series, as well as taking the series title every year from 1989-1993. They ruined our car racing touring cars which led to a ban on all turbo cars. The red necks over here couldn't cope with the turbos with an extra 200 kilo added to slow them down and they still pumped our V8's. That's why I say don't worry about your Corvettes these cars have been lethal for decades. The Corvette is a different type of sports car with it's rear wheel drive only configuration. Stewy
Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 AM
JLC629
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That GT-R is badass, no doubt about it. It sounded so quiet in that video compared to the other two. Although the 500 is nice, a road course is not what it was built for and at half the price of the other two not out of reach for someone who may need a back seat.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
blue.label
Racer

I want that Vette! Best edition, yet. Probst confirmed everything that he needed to about the GT-R by calling it boring.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by blue.label
I want that Vette! Best edition, yet. Probst confirmed everything that he needed to about the GT-R by calling it boring.
He did slip and say that...But heck he is a race car driver, I'm sure most street legal cars are boring to him
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blue.label

Add a little power to the stock GT-R and belive me it's not boring....
It's scary!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 PM
blue.label
Racer

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
It's scary!
I bet it is. It's scary how versatile and understimated it is. Great car, too.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
It's scary!
I was driving back from a car show one day and stopped over at a favorite pub to wet me whistle. It was an all American day and I went for a look and my good mate has a nice 69 Camaro. When leaving he had 50 people looking at his car and none looking at my R34 which was very new back then. When we left he did a massive burnout and the drunken crowd cheered him off. Well I had to just drive off because my 4x4 don't do a burnout. I got the thumbs down and lots of boooooing. I felt like pulling over and walking home. Stewy

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR vs Z06 vs GT500