Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Bugeater
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb62
Quite frankly, you take the position of the ultimate fanboy. Real racers don't bother with cars like the Viper (ACS or not) or for that matter the ZR1. Even the people who track them do so because they are amateurs, not because they are real racers. With those cars it's all about marketing. The ZR1 becomes the more successful car because it does what it does while maintaining the manners of a road car. The Viper ACS is neither appropriate for the road and is uninteresting for real racers. For that you need the following:

Wow. Thats an ignorant post. Real racers dont drive Vipers.. Tell that to the guys in world challenge or before that lemans. And all the regional and national racers. I guess my license, logbook and races I have run in my 96 GTS werent really "real".

Man you sound like a douche.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Wow. Thats an ignorant post. Real racers dont drive Vipers.. Tell that to the guys in world challenge or before that lemans. And all the regional and national racers. I guess my license, logbook and races I have run in my 96 GTS werent really "real".

Man you sound like a douche.
He wouldnt know what your GTS is, he'd say Viper TSQ
Old 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Wow this thread has really gone downhill. lol
Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default true.

Which is saying something considering it pretty much started as a flame war, mega troll, bottom feeder type thread anyway.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jaxian
Which is saying something considering it pretty much started as a flame war, mega troll, bottom feeder type thread anyway.
Any thread that has the word Viper in it goes that way, I just think its from all the beatings corvette had taken from the Viper(I took my beatings as well) until 2006. I personaly think its fun to see people quote magazines and not having a clue about the car, they get all up tight , people who own both, are the ones who should give the opinions. You will rarely see anybody post about corvettes in the Viper boards. On Viper alley they are to busy being douches to each other about the same cars

Last edited by NytmereZ; 12-13-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:19 AM
randra
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Any thread that has the word Viper in it goes that way, I just think its from all the beatings corvette had taken from the Viper(I took my beatings as well) until 2006. I personaly think its fun to see people quote magazines and not having a clue about the car, they get all up tight , people who own both, are the ones who should give the opinions. You will rarely see anybody post about corvettes in the Viper boards. On Viper alley they are two busy being douches to each other about the same cars
You got that right! Currently. this is the best Viper forum out there.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 AM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

Any thread that has the word Viper in it goes that way, I just think its from all the beatings corvette had taken from the Viper(I took my beatings as well) until 2006. I personaly think its fun to see people quote magazines and not having a clue about the car, they get all up tight , people who own both, are the ones who should give the opinions. You will rarely see anybody post about corvettes in the Viper boards. On Viper alley they are two busy being douches to each other about the same cars
hahaha seems they do that here too sometimes.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
NOSLO6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Kudos to Dodge for providing a track-ready option just like Porsche does with the GT2 / GT3s-- R-compound tires, good fluids & cooling, seats, belts, bar.

I've never understood why GM doesn't do the same.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tomsws6
hahaha seems they do that here too sometimes.
Not even close , go over there, there is no censorship,and posts dont dissapear if its not pro Viper. Over there the members would just splatter the brand loyal people. But like I said its this forum that is constantly bringing up Vipers most of the dudes in the Alley are still in their 30's(like me) over here you have old men bitching about not having electronic hatch closers, in the same sentence saying how their cars are beasts yes they are, please dont cuts their nuts off!!!!!!! with topics like taking a shower, or her 1st bath I have a 2LZ Z06, honestly, I wish it just came with the bose. There is a thread here "Taking a shower" where somebody took pictures of his ZR1 getting washed , give me a break. You would get crushed if you posted something like that in VA. When I see a topic alled taking a shower, I want to see pictures of Jenna Jameson(who actually has some pictures of here washing her viper (I wasnt looking at the car, it suddenly turned invisible.) not a car let alone a car you see on every corner ,ZR1 is a vette, it performs greatbut to 99.9% of the population its still part of the 40 thousand vettes they make a year.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 12-13-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default True.

I have to agree with you on this point NytmereZ. The amount of time 'vettes have been around means the demographic is now VERY diverse . So when they try to moderate it to not make anyone mad it can water down the content a LOT.

I am a member of some of those more 'focused' boards and you make sure you make any post while wearing your extra thick skin, flame retardant suit and chainsaw to defend yourself.

Sometimes the censorship is frustrating, like mentioning you were cruising at 75mph and the exhaust was boomy, and having the thread closed because you where breaking the speed limit on a public road. Other times it's nice to know you can ask a dumb question without three pages of mocking coming your way before the first helpful post.

P.S. and yeah the no hot chicks stuff is annoying, but again I can see that. Lots of the guys here have wives and are never going to see any of that again so don't want it rubbed in their faces.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Big fan of the Alley
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Z51-9
Advanced

Yes full interior, because they have been out longer? No the low compression v10 can just take a crapload of power, where the vettes blow up, I've been there twice, there ate so many ls7s blowing, I have left mine stock, I hate leaving things stock
Are we talking ZR-1 or Z06?

I won't argue a Z06 against a Viper ACR. In fact, from Wikipedia:
"The Gen IV LS9 is a supercharged 6,162 cc (6.162 L; 376.0 cu in) engine, based on the LS3; the LS7 block was not used due to the higher cylinder pressures created by the supercharger requiring the thicker cylinder walls of the LS3."

I don't claim to be an engine expert (my engineering degree is in electrical, and I've been far more obsessed with microelectronics for the last 2 decades), but this is one of the reasons I didn't bother moving to a Z06 (along with the lack of a removable top or convertible -- I bought a Z51 '09 and would now buy a Sport '10).

Longevity-wise, I like the LS3 design, which it seems the ZR-1 benefits from. Everything I've read about the V10 in the Viper, Chrysler seems to know what they are doing. So now I'm curious ... would you trust the LS3 (supercharged or not) over the Viper's V10 (various models), or not?

In any case, I like seeing American engineering in the ALMS and in other events -- Corvette, Viper, Ford. Heck, enough Europeans seem to appreciate it more than we do in many cases. With the Viper's production concerns post-Fiat, I hope they continue to be used and improved for GT.

Last edited by Z51-9; 12-14-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well off course it would be faster..
It was made for the track...LOve the Viper BTW...
Better Tires make a huge difference ,Really though a pulley on the ZR1 and it would pull about 6-8 cars on the Viper...I like that potential better,,,imo...
Ohh yeah gotta love the Gutted Awful dodge cargo van looking interior. lol seats are bad *** though

Last edited by 04_Z06_CE; 12-14-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 AM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
well off course it would be faster..
It was made for the track...LOve the Viper BTW...
Better Tires make a huge difference ,Really though a pulley on the ZR1 and it would pull about 6-8 cars on the Viper...I like that potential better,,,imo...
Ohh yeah gotta love the Gutted Awful dodge cargo van looking interior. lol seats are bad *** though
So you like the potential of a motor that is already blown with a pulley swap compared to an NA motor that hasn't been touched? Hate to tell you this but UGR has a nice forced induction setup for the Gen IV motor that makes just over 1000 rwhp.

I'll take the potential of the NA motor.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Rphvette
Instructor

I'll take one of these instead. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNBU9vZGSO0
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

such a fan boy, I think you forget I own a 06 Z, and even a mustang!!!, I post in that section, I think there are 3 posts in there right now with blown stock engines, the internals on all the LS motors(except the LS9 are cheap) I wish I knew how to post pictures, of a destroyed new LS motor, that a friend of mine is rebuilding. we put it on an engine stand, turned it over, and clumps of metal just started falling out. Have you ever looked at a rod of an LS motor? The rod is made then broke apart, thec the reconnnected with rod bolts, these motors perform well but are junk inside(thus me leaving my car stock) That motor will go to if its not forged. when you get out of the 11 second and 10 second club, come talk to me
You don't know me, I'm definitely not a fan boy as I like anything that goes fast. Previously owned a v8 vega and stang. I've also driven a few 10 sec cars ie cammed c6z, tt c6, stroker c5, sprayed/cammed c5z...I spun a bearing in my car road racing and have been up close and personal with the connecting rods. I then custom ground my new cam (218/230 116) to try and go 10s in stealth, ls6 clutch is holding me back. I have less power than your stock c6z and went 11.0@125, what was your best time in the c6z stock? Since you're all knowing, what's the fastest a viper has gone on pump gas? I'll give it to ya that my most rewarding race has been against a bolt-on '03 viper that had an "envyme"; license plate and I thoroughly enjoyed taking his money
PS there were 2 vipers (TT/supercharged) at the dragstrip this weekend, both were running race fuel on drag packs and making power in the 4 digits yet neither were able to run single digits...I was kinda disappointed they got beat by the supercharged c6z making only 725rwhp

Last edited by PRE-Z06; 12-15-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z51-9
Are we talking ZR-1 or Z06?

I won't argue a Z06 against a Viper ACR. In fact, from Wikipedia:
"The Gen IV LS9 is a supercharged 6,162 cc (6.162 L; 376.0 cu in) engine, based on the LS3; the LS7 block was not used due to the higher cylinder pressures created by the supercharger requiring the thicker cylinder walls of the LS3."

I don't claim to be an engine expert (my engineering degree is in electrical, and I've been far more obsessed with microelectronics for the last 2 decades), but this is one of the reasons I didn't bother moving to a Z06 (along with the lack of a removable top or convertible -- I bought a Z51 '09 and would now buy a Sport '10).

Longevity-wise, I like the LS3 design, which it seems the ZR-1 benefits from. Everything I've read about the V10 in the Viper, Chrysler seems to know what they are doing. So now I'm curious ... would you trust the LS3 (supercharged or not) over the Viper's V10 (various models), or not?

In any case, I like seeing American engineering in the ALMS and in other events -- Corvette, Viper, Ford. Heck, enough Europeans seem to appreciate it more than we do in many cases. With the Viper's production concerns post-Fiat, I hope they continue to be used and improved for GT.
LS9 is a forged motor so its gonna be very durable, the LS3 still uses cheap internals, as a matter of fact PM me, I have some recent pictures of an LS3 blown to bits off a wet 150 shot(the tune was on) internals just let go, I can send them to you. I would FI an LS3 without putting some good pistons, quality rods, and lowering the compression

Last edited by NytmereZ; 12-16-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1

Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Andrew M
Instructor

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
You don't know me, I'm definitely not a fan boy as I like anything that goes fast. Previously owned a v8 vega and stang. I've also driven a few 10 sec cars ie cammed c6z, tt c6, stroker c5, sprayed/cammed c5z...I spun a bearing in my car road racing and have been up close and personal with the connecting rods. I then custom ground my new cam (218/230 116) to try and go 10s in stealth, ls6 clutch is holding me back. I have less power than your stock c6z and went 11.0@125, what was your best time in the c6z stock? Since you're all knowing, what's the fastest a viper has gone on pump gas? I'll give it to ya that my most rewarding race has been against a bolt-on '03 viper that had an "envyme"; license plate and I thoroughly enjoyed taking his money
PS there were 2 vipers (TT/supercharged) at the dragstrip this weekend, both were running race fuel on drag packs and making power in the 4 digits yet neither were able to run single digits...I was kinda disappointed they got beat by the supercharged c6z making only 725rwhp
Lee Saunders and Heffner Performance shatters a new world record. Documented at the 2008 Hot Rod Pump gas drags Lee drove his Viper on 93 octane pump gas to a 7.9? at 183 mph during an Exhibition run.

Oh and you beating 1000hp+ cars in your 725rwhp car is just ridiculous. Too many variables to even begin debate, your claim is absurd.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:02 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew M
Lee Saunders and Heffner Performance shatters a new world record. Documented at the 2008 Hot Rod Pump gas drags Lee drove his Viper on 93 octane pump gas to a 7.9? at 183 mph during an Exhibition run.

Oh and you beating 1000hp+ cars in your 725rwhp car is just ridiculous. Too many variables to even begin debate, your claim is absurd.
Forgot about that one, very impressive! So what's the fastest v10 viper then, I thought it was 7.9? Did Heffs car ever make a pass with the boost turned up on race fuel? BTW never said it was my car, but the only variable I see is the driver(all were sticks)
Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Z07
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rphvette
I'll take one of these instead. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNBU9vZGSO0
It's no longer the record holder. The record now stands at 260.1mph and is held by the Keating TKR.

Quick Reply: New ACR 2 seconds faster than the ZR1