Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Porsche 356 Speedster - Replica

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:31 PM
1BAD-LS1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Porsche 356 Speedster - Replica

So I had one of these for a weekend though my membeship with The Classic Car Club of Manhattan. I have to tell you, while the car is built on a VW pan and has a little flat-4 70hp engine, the Speedster replica was the most fun I have had driving in years. 70MPH feels like 120MPH! And I hate to say it but I got more looks and questions about a $20k replica car than I get in both of my Vettes.

I am now contacting Vintage Speedsters in CA about pricing - they seem pretty cheap for a complete car. Anyone have any experience with the Speedster replicas or the builders? Here's a pic getting some petro

Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Boosted Josh
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like fun. Don't know anything about those replica's though.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Saw an article in a car mag. a few years ago where they compared kit cars. Cobra W/small block 302 I think, Porsche like this one and a hotrod roadster with Small block Chevy. The little Porsche beat them all in almost all of the testing. Handling, braking, mpg, comfort & ease of driving. The Cobra naturally beat it in the 1/4 mile, but surprisingly not by much. The little Porsche took their heads off in an auto-cross test event. Everybody in the test loved the thing and they almost fought over who was going to get to drive it next. A whole lot of bang for the buck and nice looking too. May be even better than the original that it's modeled after. There is one around here that gets mobbed every time the guy brings it out to a cruise nite. Wouldn't want to crash one though, as they're really light weight and not much new style safety crush zones and all that. But on the other side of that, it would probably be a better crash avoider than most cars too!

Get notified of new replies

To Porsche 356 Speedster - Replica

Quick Reply: Porsche 356 Speedster - Replica