Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Ta Hell Wit AMG.. Ta Hell Wit M... I Just Bought a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Ta Hell Wit AMG.. Ta Hell Wit M... I Just Bought a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V...

Well... I said It was gonna wait until spring.. and here in Baltimore it's felt like SPRING came early the last coupla days so I tracked down a dealer who had a couple in stock... and when I say a COUPLE... I mean an Effin COUPLE... (WTF GM... what are U building like 1 a day???? Because these SOBs were scarce)

Anyway... tested this sweetie pie on Tuesday... and came back to the dealer today with my STS for an appraisal... OK.. let me say this once and for all... LUXURY CARS should not ever be considered an investment because their value drops like a grown up baby's ballz when it comes time to trade...

I wasn't optimistic when I pulled her up... My boy hit some hard times recently and sold his 2006 750i to Carmax with only 23K on the ODO... and they gave him $33K... He PAID $78K for it 2 years ago...

NOW ME... figuring that since I had under 25K on the ODO.. I would get at least $24K for it as a trade... NOPE!!! They came back at first with $18K... I got up and got in the car and started pulling outta the lot... The Sales guy runs over to my car and says ... " I got U $20K..." I said "Make it $21K, and drop the V from $64K to $61K and we gotta deal...

The Car is LOVELY... and I have already named her PEARL.

It has everything except the RECARO Seats and the Polished Rims... I just couldn't justify spending $3400 on seats that I would more than likely NEVER take to the track... and the Polished Rims are definitely cool as hell on a DARK car... but the Silver wheels look perfect IMO on the Silver car.... and U kno me.. If I get tired of the rims... I'll go aftermarket.

As for my review of the power, handling, and out and out cool... BELIEVE WHAT U READ in the magazines on this one mon amis... the ride is MONEY... and altho I won't seriously get into it until I hit at least 500 Miles on the ODO.. for breakin in purposes... she is one BAD *****... SHO YO MOUTH...

OH.. and it's an AUTOMATIC!!!! BABY!!! I have a Stick in the Z51.. and as fun as it can be... in the City.. especially during RUSH HOUR it's a REAL *** to drive... I'm cool as hell this time around with Paddles if the urge hits me

To each his own in this situation.. Seriously... and with paddle Shifters and Manumatic I think I'll be OK.

I love driving stick but it can seriously be a hassle unless u live in WIDE-OPEN non-Condensed areas.

As long as I'm able.. I will buy GM... And Cadillac is currently offering what I needed plain and simple. Also there will always be HATERS in the world that will try and pull that "well the M5 is a 4 year old car..blah blah" BULL***... but the truth is that even if the M5 is in it's 4th MY it is still beat in performance, looks, and cool... all for $20K less... Altho I'll be the first to say that Cadillac should be charging as much for theirs as BMW is for theirs. How people try and justify hating on Corvettes and Caddys when they normally can be had for $10-20K less than their inferior and uglier competitors is beyond me.

Take the Vette for instance... For a base price of less than $50K U can get a car that performs as well as a Gallardo... And for those who will go out on a limb and say ignorant things.. I'll bring it down to earth for U... PORSCHE 911s normally costs about $15-20K more than a Vette... WTF are u getting in a 911 that U can't get in a Vette??? Handling, power, COOL??? The Vette matches the 911 in every dept.. and exceeds in some. The only argument some hit U back with is INTERIOR refinement.. which I call BS on since U can get the 3LT and 4LT packages and even if U couldn't... we are talking $15K... U telling me U can't get an interior customized for 20% of that???

Speaking of Vettes...

Exactly... and I'm curious about that as well altho to tell U the truth.. My Z51 is a bit modified (Dynoed 394.2HP/382.7lbs at the Wheels STOCK to 414.6 HP/402LBS at the Wheels with CAI and Tune) now and I seriously think it will beat it despite the V's HP advantage. Most STOCK numbers for the LS3 NPP Vettes I have seen bring it about:

1/4 in 12.4@116mph
0-60 4.0 sec
0-100 9.2 sec
top Speed 186MPH

Now on the CTS-V R&T did test for both MANUAL and AUTOMATIC

(manual/auto)

0–60 mph 4.1/3.9 sec

0–100 mph 9.5/9.2 sec

1/4 mile 12.4 sec @ 115.9 mph/12.2 sec @ 116.1 mph

Top speed 191/175 mph*

The times are almost IDENTICAL... but the Vette falls short in some areas such as TOP Speed when compared to the Manny V... and 2/10ths on the 1/4 on the Auto V.. but BEATS the Manny V by 1/10th

ALSO .. look at the difference in times for the Manual V vs the Auto... The Auto was IMO the better choice for me. Only in the area where I might only run ONCE (Top Speed) in my time owning the car... does the manual seem like a better choice due to taller gearing in the last Cog

Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 AM
02-z28
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous, love the new V.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

Originally Posted by 02-z28
Gorgeous, love the new V.
Thanx.. and now my Z51 has a V sitting in the garage with her...
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 AM
james1990
Burning Brakes

SWEET..im considering one aswell. you gotta let us (me) know how it feels when you hit 500 miles...i heard one didnt run that well at 1/4. im interested in seeing. seems pretty easy to slap a pully on the thing nd make some stupid power! out of the box it should put the beats on a M5, its as simple as that.

good luck!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

Interesting enuff a fellow Vette owner in a Z06 jumped on me yesterday on 95N. I actually had no issue keeping up with him in most situations.

He was faster, but we were so close that I could have touched his fuel filler door

The car is the SHIZ.. and Heinricy and crew did as great a job on the drive-train engineering as Welburn and crew did on the styling
Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing car. My previous car was a Camaro Z28, so my C6 seems like a luxury car to me. I can only imagine how plush that CTS-V must be...
Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 AM
silversport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...and you bought my color....SWEEEEET!...I saw this at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday then watched last night (Tivo) Top Gear where the lads drove a Corvette ZR-1, Cadillac CTS-V and some Dodge product ( )...even Captain Slow fell in love with the Caddy on the twisties in the US...enjoy it is beautiful!
Bill
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

that is SO sweet! I would love to take a ride in it if you are ever over by arundel mills!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 AM
cjlaw73
Race Director

I had just posted here (see below) last week about the one I saw at the Philly Auto Show. If only you knew how jealous I am.

That car is absolutely phenomenal. I agree with all the sentiments in your post regarding the Caddy and the Vette versus the competition. I guess if you want a Porsche or BMW logo on your car you'll pay the extra $20k, but if you want good old bang for the buck its hard to argue against the CTS-V and the Vette. I remember years ago going to a couple of dealers in Newport Beach, CA. At the time I was looking at used sports cars but I had a friend who was looking to spend about $50k on a new car. For $50k, it was a Porsche Boxter versus a C5 Z06. I told him there was something wrong with him if he bought the Porsche.

Good luck with your car. SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

Would love to see more pics or perhaps a video if you get around to it. How does the exhuast note sound I heard its the perfect blend of a "refined growl" if there is such a phrase. Actually a bunch of MD guys are putting together a Cheesesteak run to Philly in April (see NE Section). Your car would atract alot of attention at the meet.....would love to see it in person.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Hokie
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 12 Posts

awesome! I also love this car and will get one in a year or two. I'm soo jealous!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

I'm hooked on it as well...I've even joined the Caddy website and read everything I can about it. I'm looking to trade for one this spring! I got to have the Recaros though after sitting in one with them in at the dealers. They have to be the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in! I'll also pass on the chrome wheels.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Don't hate on the AMGs, Ms, 911s too much.

If it wasn't for them, GM probably wouldn't have Vs,
Z06s, etc.

Last edited by CodyC6; 02-18-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Originally Posted by EVIL_C5
that is SO sweet! I would love to take a ride in it if you are ever over by arundel mills!
LOL... I just came from the Johnny Rockets over there

U??? Girl or guy???
Old 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Originally Posted by cjlaw73
I had just posted here (see below) last week about the one I saw at the Philly Auto Show. If only you knew how jealous I am.

That car is absolutely phenomenal. I agree with all the sentiments in your post regarding the Caddy and the Vette versus the competition. I guess if you want a Porsche or BMW logo on your car you'll pay the extra $20k, but if you want good old bang for the buck its hard to argue against the CTS-V and the Vette. I remember years ago going to a couple of dealers in Newport Beach, CA. At the time I was looking at used sports cars but I had a friend who was looking to spend about $50k on a new car. For $50k, it was a Porsche Boxter versus a C5 Z06. I told him there was something wrong with him if he bought the Porsche.

Good luck with your car. SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

Would love to see more pics or perhaps a video if you get around to it. How does the exhuast note sound I heard its the perfect blend of a "refined growl" if there is such a phrase. Actually a bunch of MD guys are putting together a Cheesesteak run to Philly in April (see NE Section). Your car would atract alot of attention at the meet.....would love to see it in person.

A friend of mine bought a 911 Carrera when I bought my C5 years ago (around 2000)... and he actually paid about $20K more for the Porsche than I did for the Vette.. I used to bust his *** on a regular basis in the straights.. and after the install of Bilsteins I'd kill him in the corners. The one thing he had on me at the time was that the 911's interior was superior... but it didn't seem to matter as my c5 got more attention despite that.

OH.. as for the V...

The Exhaust sounds effin awesome. Crazy thing is that at cruising speed U hardly even notice it it's so quiet... soon as u step into it tho.. U kno U have a serious V8 in there.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Originally Posted by CodyC6
Don't hate on the AMGs, Ms, 911s too much.

If it wasn't for them, GM probably wouldn't have Vs,
Z06s, etc.

That may be true in the modern age.. but it is ironic that U say this as the AMG and M philosophy seems to pay homage to the GM, AMC, and Ford philosophy of yore of putting BIG POWER in a LIL Car.

U ever heard of the Chevy II... aka NOVA?

also the Z06 owes more to the ZR-1 (1990-1995) and Viper than to Porsche any day of the week. In fact.. one can call the Z06 a renewed interest by Chevy in the C2-63 Corvettes of the 60's

Last edited by cmicasa; 02-18-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cmicasa
That may be true in the modern age.. but it is ironic that U say this as the AMG and M philosophy seems to pay homage to the GM, AMC, and Ford philosophy of yore of putting BIG POWER in a LIL Car.

U ever heard of the Chevy II... aka NOVA?
Couldn't you use an example other than the Nova. That brings back bad memories.

Also, remember who the big three were targeting in the 60's too. The GT 40, Shelby Cobra, Corvette, Mustangs were being designed or improved to compete with the likes of Porsche and Ferarri at LeMans. May be 40 years later, but perpetual competition is good for all us car folks.

Last edited by CodyC6; 02-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great looking car....what was the sticker price & how much off will they give with NO trade in ?

Get notified of new replies

To Ta Hell Wit AMG.. Ta Hell Wit M... I Just Bought a 2009 Cadillac CTS-V...

Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Tunedprt91
Instructor

I love the new V's and plan on getting one after I pay the Z06 off. Whats funny is I dont even need a family car its just I want that car so bad haha.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by cmicasa
LOL... I just came from the Johnny Rockets over there

U??? Girl or guy???
um....guy......
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 AM
silversport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pontiac GTO for BIG motor in a small package...better???......enjoy the ride!
Bill