Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Help/advice on wifes 99 Eclipse Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Nightstick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help/advice on wifes 99 Eclipse Spyder

Just got the wife a 99 Eclipse Spyder. I know nothing at all about imports. It has racing seats, can muffler, all the rice added. I think but wife loves it. Anyone know of any forum sites, catalogs, anything I can use? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
TheDingo
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you looking to do to it? Is it non turbo? If it's turbo is it a GST or a GSX? I'm a a big fan of these cars.. I've had 3 of these cars. 2 of the 1st generation and 1 2nd generation. the 4G63 motor that comes in that car (if it's turbo) has been proven time and again to hold the most power (on a stock block) than any other 4 cylinder motor out there. If it's a non-turbo car it will have a knock off dodge neon motor (420a) that basically makes less power, and less sense to try to make fast.

There are some go fast parts on slowboyracing.com

If you're just looking for a forum to chat about these cars, just do a google search for "DSM FORUMS". DSM = Diamond star motors, basically a merger with diamler crysler and mitsubishi. Some people debate how long the merger lasted, but all of the turbo cars from 89 to 99 are considered DSMs. Even if it is non turbo you can find all the information you would ever need on some of the dsm forums.

Also, if there's anything you need to know about the car, motor.. anything.. just let me know and i'll help you out. Good luck!

--Brandon
Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Nightstick
Racer

Thanks. Know any good sites to find resto items? It needs a new drivers door handle.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 PM
et1199
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TheDingo
What are you looking to do to it? Is it non turbo? If it's turbo is it a GST or a GSX? I'm a a big fan of these cars.. I've had 3 of these cars. 2 of the 1st generation and 1 2nd generation. the 4G63 motor that comes in that car (if it's turbo) has been proven time and again to hold the most power (on a stock block) than any other 4 cylinder motor out there. If it's a non-turbo car it will have a knock off dodge neon motor (420a) that basically makes less power, and less sense to try to make fast.

There are some go fast parts on slowboyracing.com

If you're just looking for a forum to chat about these cars, just do a google search for "DSM FORUMS". DSM = Diamond star motors, basically a merger with diamler crysler and mitsubishi. Some people debate how long the merger lasted, but all of the turbo cars from 89 to 99 are considered DSMs. Even if it is non turbo you can find all the information you would ever need on some of the dsm forums.

Also, if there's anything you need to know about the car, motor.. anything.. just let me know and i'll help you out. Good luck!

--Brandon
its not a gsx. no convertible gsxs were ever made
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Nightstick
Racer

Its got the 2.4 non turbo in it. All show and no go. Well, I got the new door handle on, pain in the @ss btw. The top motors are shot. Seems like I need 2 of them. Dealer wants 300 each and I cant seem to find a site that sells them. Anyone know if I will harm anything by just disconnecting the motors and operating the top by hand? (New top gets put on next Monday)
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
VetteHunting
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dsmtuners.com
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
chunnydave
Instructor

Originally Posted by VetteHunting
dsmtuners.com
Lots of good info there.