Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

A Vette from Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 PM
pettvette
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet

Amen brother Jeff!!!...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Jeff Pedersen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pettvette
Amen brother Jeff!!!...
I just had to. It was there for the taking. I'm so glad I have been calling him Little bear for a while. It fit into the story so well.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Die2Win
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hand it to you Jeff, that was great. Poo ol' little bear and his whittle car. LMAO
Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by pettvette
I'm part of the problem how? Because I'm enjoying my new Corvette and your miserable with your Mazda? Maybe because I have 2 other problem free GM cars?

Yes I track my Corvette, I have also raced my past 2 Corvettes, my 95 and my 01 and nothing has ever broke on any of them. I race my Vette's at Beech Bend in Bowling Green KY, its just a few miles down the street from the Corvette assembly plant and the Corvette Museum...

I'm a big talker, how? Because I post facts that you can't answer?

If I break my car I'll fix it. If I wreck my car at the track insurance will not cover the loss....

Been to Beach Bend a few times myself. I have friends that live in Frankin. Beautiful area. You are fortunate (and wise) to live there.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:35 PM
kyle0k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeff Pedersen
It would end up looking like the GTR, the Nissan Z cars, or any of the bland asain designs (including Toyota ok). The Vette would be destroyed as a ICON and would be destined to failure.

Reliability? My Aunts 2007 Camry has been in for service 6 trips with 7 days down time with only 9,000 miles. Neighbors 2006 Nissan Pathfinder has been in for service 4 trips with at least 6 days down time and about 25,000 miles.

My 2005 Chevy Trailblazer 52,000 miles 2 service trips 3 days down time. 2009 Corvette Coupe 2,200 miles 0 service trips.

Just something for people to ponder about the myth of asain reliability.
Yes, they have made some quality cars. But, with expansion mistakes and quality suffers.

i understand that the 'luck' can roll either way, but thats why there are studies done on a bigger scale, so that neither me or you have to base anything off experience with 4 cars or even 20 cars. *on average* toyota/lexus/honda spanks chevy in reliability. I dont know the actual stats off the top of my head, but it can be googled. Why does on average matter? Because you can never predict or guarantee a car to be reliable, but the better the reliability on average, the higher the chance your car your gonna get is gonna be trouble free

I have a corvette and not a toyota, so im not being biased here towards thme, but I can face the facts. Sure my engine is reliable and so is my trannsmission. But Im in and out of the dealership every couple months for a bunch of little stupid things that fail. I had a 10 year old lexus before this with almost 100k on it, and basically just as much technology that could fail, but never had problems. But thats jsut a personal experience, Im gonna trust the people that actually have the raw total numbers, instead of my single experience or 15 others on this forum.

Most Reliable Sport/Sporty car
Most reliable (Best score first)
Lexus SC
Toyota Camry Solara (4-cyl.)
Subaru Impreza WRX
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse*
2006 Mini Cooper hatchback

Least reliable (Worst score first)
Pontiac Solstice*
Mercedes-Benz SL
Mercedes-Benz CLK
Mercedes-Benz SLK (V6)
Chevrolet Corvette
Porsche 911 Carrera
Ford Mustang (V6)

Last edited by kyle0k; 11-22-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by LBear
[B]The reality is that you WILL NOT do that because you are a dishonest person and you lie to the insurance companies as you do to GM. Then you claim you are so patriotic because you support GM, all the meanwhile you lie, deceive, manipulate & steal from GM and insurance companies.
What is this accusation based on?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:41 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

So, I got back and had to make TWO decisions; should I buy a C6? and what car should I get for my daily driver?

And yet, you still doubt your decision
Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

If little bear is such an ***, imagine big bear!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:23 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Malibu the new and absolute Camry killer (J.D.Powers) about $21,900 nicely loaded, Pontiac G6 sedan starting at $21,400, Pontiac Vibe $16,700, Pontiac G8 $28,00 bit out of your price range buy a nice car, the new Pontiac G3 34 MPG, Buick Lacrosse $25,000 a very nice car for the money with very high quality ratings, GMC Acadia $31,000, Saturn Astra $16,400 32 MPG.
The Hybrids, Malibu, Tahoe, Escalade, Yukon, Sierra, Vue, and Aura.
There is only ONE car mentioned that is under $18K and that is the Pontiac Vibe Have you even sat inside or driven a "Vibe"? Don't even go there with the Saturn. Everything else is going run $25K or more, nicely loaded. Even then, the quality is questionable. The Malibu has good ratings but it does not have any long term (3-5years) testing. Time will tell how good it is/was.

You expect us on the forum to believe you were able to test drive a 08 C6 for 3 days let alone go on a long road trip? All of those problems on a 08 3 day test drive? One guy on the forum was told he could not test drive a Vette because he may fart. And we are to believe 3 days and putting miles on a long road trip? And you expect us to believe you went out planning to buy a Vette at $45,000 and ended up with a car that was $18,000? Little bear I will not deal with a liar. I have no problem debating or discussing opposite views. But, a liar cannot be debated. We are done Little bear.
You have NO CLUE who I am or what I do. You comment on how I have "a lot of time on my hands". Well, I do not punch time clocks and I do not work for anyone. I run my own business and I am in my 30's and semi-retired. I bought the Mazda and paid cash. I live modestly but that is why I have what I have, I don't live a high-dollar lifestyle. My home is paid off and I don't live a debt lifestyle.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. I could care less. I am honest and stated the truth that I test drove a 2008 C6 for 3+ days. I was given that opportunity, and the details on HOW that was done, is none of your business.

Are you really that dunce? I stated I was buying both a DAILY DRIVER AND A SPORTS CAR, two cars, two separate types of vehicles. I never said I was going to buy a C6 but decided on a Mazda. Listen closely. I needed a DAILY DRIVER and I was looking to buy a C6. Two cars. So I bought a Mazda and I can still buy a C6 if I want to.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:32 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Little bear runs and runs to his Chevy dealership. Ask's for a test drive.
I NEVER said that. You are a liar. I stated I was able to test drive a C6 for 3+ days. The how and why was never stated. You came up with the scenario on your own.

Little bear has $45K to spend on his new car. But, since he is so mad. Little bear runs and runs and see's WOW!!!! A Mazda dealership.
WRONG again! I stated that I wanted TWO cars, a daily driver and possibly a C6/sports car. I bought my daily driver and can still buy a C6 or whatever sports car I chose to.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT and stop making up things I never stated. You are a liar and quite pathetic. Do you reside near Harlem Ave and Archer Road?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Panoz5150
Advanced

LBear please stop you are past riding a dead horse! I deem you DOA. You prey on peoples emotions, try to dig up some facts and then each time proven to be very very wrong. Are you aware LBear that the C6 has a black box in it that monitors the entire car. So as far as pettvettes tracking the car the dealer would know if he was, speed and every thing! Especially since he is at Beach Bend. trust me people know.

My Vette is now out of warranty so it means time to have lots of fun and if any thing happens it is all out of my pocket! So LBear again you don't have facts and spewing crap! Your jaded opinion. I have been involved with many car events over the years and have never seen gatherings like Corvette shows! Especially Carlisle! If the Vette was so bad in Quality and reliability it would of went away long ago. I see so many repeat buyers here. I think some just let it become a object of frustration. By the way LBear you never discussed your tranny problem in detail!

I also went to check out a Nissan GTR may be fast but man that thing is uglier in person and the interior is pure junk!!! For a 100 Grand sure wouldn't be my pick or should I say puke!!!!

Remember we rebuilt Japan and the power to become what it has economically. So this mess with GM and the domestics are also the fault of our government and the incompetence & liberals in Washington. In part we have done this whole thing to our selves! So all those that bash GM or want it to be under a Foriegn auto maker I could almost bet you this will never happen! But any thing is possible. If it should though I surely wouldn't buy one and the long histoy / Icon would be a dead one!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Panoz5150
Advanced

Here is a super great Product launch of the Nissan GTR. Yep Great product! LMFING AO!

Go Nissan!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-a...-for-gt-r.html

Yep many are right that sure is better quality
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 AM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Let’s knock off the rude behavior…unless you would like some vacation time.

This belongs in "Other Cars"
Old 11-23-2008, 12:51 AM
LBear
Melting Slicks

GM recently debuted the Chevy Volt during a "publicity shoot", but things didn't go to well....

GM VOLT
Old 11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Panoz5150
Advanced

GM recently debuted the Chevy Volt during a "publicity shoot", but things didn't go to well....

GM VOLT
So how many Volts are in the publics hands??? 0

How many warranty issues does the Volt have?? 0

Is the Volt in production yet?? Oh no!

Keep realing Lbear you have past the point of mud on your face also!!

Now I really am starting to feel sorry for you I think!

Last edited by Panoz5150; 11-23-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 AM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Panoz5150
So how many Volts are in the publics hands??? 0
That's the point. GM cannot compete in a market that requires fuel efficient cars. It attempted to debut the Volt and it failed. Now, it will not be around until MAYBE 2011. Too late, too late.

Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXFQy...eature=related
Old 11-23-2008, 01:57 AM
gtovett
Racer

So now were talking about the volt. Why?????? This is so stupid.

Get notified of new replies

To A Vette from Toyota?

Old 11-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Panoz5150
Advanced

That's the point. GM cannot compete in a market that requires fuel efficient cars. It attempted to debut the Volt and it failed. Now, it will not be around until MAYBE 2011. Too late, too late.

Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXFQy...eature=related
You really must be a child! My Vette gets about the same mileage as your Mazda. Also My dad's Impala gets 33MPG as do many GM vehicles get. Just Rented a Saturn Aura "New" when I went on a trip and that car got well over 33MPG. Nice Car! But gas here is currently $1.61 a gallon and my truck is paid for so who cares what MPG is at the moment and the Vette is put away for the winter!

Originally Posted by gtovett
So now were talking about the volt. Why?????? This is so stupid.
You are right gtovett. The Volt is still a ways from production then makes comments on GM Fuel efficiency! This guy just is amazing and the thing is doesn't stop.

Last edited by Panoz5150; 11-23-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by Panoz5150
Here is a super great Product launch of the Nissan GTR. Yep Great product! LMFING AO!

Go Nissan!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-a...-for-gt-r.html

Yep many are right that sure is better quality
Good find. And yet the best part:

At the end of the day, we’re left wondering if Nissan will now be forced to re-state the GT-R’s performance numbers. It’s widely known the figures used in the car’s marketing are only achievable using Launch Control — something that is no longer possible.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Even with the C6 - Z06's, numerous forum members had their motors explode due to the FLAWED design where the springs/rocker arm fail and the valves fall into the motor, causing the piston to collide with the valve. So the Z-06 owners have to buy AFTER MARKET springs, rocker arms and retainers in order to keep the motors from complete catastrophic failure.

How about the C6 - Z06 transmission failures? Many forum members had their 2005-2007 manual transmission fail on their Z06. The transmission cannot handle the power and they fail. GM knew about this but kept it quiet and then in 2008, GM changed to a different and stronger manual trans for the Z06.

A lot of forum members complained about this and rightly so. GM did not do its homework and let people spend $65K+ and become test mule's for their vehicles. Nothing like paying $65K and having a flawed engine design that can completely explode and flawed transmission design that will leave you stranded.

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
My 06z tranny was crap...rebuilt under warranty twice and still having problems.

My 08z is solid as could be...no issues.

Originally Posted by joe11204
Just got my 08Z LEMON LAW Repurchased because of the trans.
Originally Posted by C5 Frank
Sorry to hear about your problem! This issue is begining to show up with more frequency then some on this site want to believe. Sounds like the valvespring broke and then dropped the valve. Two different local dealers here have admitted to me they have done "A few" Z06's with broken valvesprings. I think this is an issue all C6 Z06 owners need to keep in mind.
You will get a new motor for sure. Just make sure the dealer is careful in their work and you should be ok. GOODLUCK!!!