Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 09-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
mhill0531
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '10
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: The only way you will ever get people to stop suckling at the teet of the whore of babylon is to sour the milk or make it run dry. - TGE

For depth, content, story, and everything - Skyrim, all the way.

For beating an RPG that will make you feel like you survived BUDS - Dark Souls or Demon Souls, no doubt, nothing comes close.

In fact, until you beat Dark/Demon Souls, you can't really call yourself an accomplished RPG player. Yeah, they're that hard and unforgiving. Absolute perfect Japanese made RPGs.

For the point and click type RPG - Diablo 3 is popular, or just find a copy of Planescape: Torment or BG II and play the two best ever point-clicks
mhill0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
randommj
CF Senior Member

Send a message via Yahoo to randommj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhill0531 View Post
For depth, content, story, and everything - Skyrim, all the way.

For beating an RPG that will make you feel like you survived BUDS - Dark Souls or Demon Souls, no doubt, nothing comes close.

In fact, until you beat Dark/Demon Souls, you can't really call yourself an accomplished RPG player. Yeah, they're that hard and unforgiving. Absolute perfect Japanese made RPGs.

For the point and click type RPG - Diablo 3 is popular, or just find a copy of Planescape: Torment or BG II and play the two best ever point-clicks
I agree with pretty much everything except story. I don't know why Skyrim story is getting so much praise in here. The story was honestly forgettable and missable if you weren't watching out for it and in a game that physically large, that's completely doable. Seriously, once you get to Whiterun and the story sandboxes, good luck.

Miles
randommj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06
Support Corvetteforum!

rwscissors2

Quote:
Originally Posted by randommj View Post
I agree with pretty much everything except story. I don't know why Skyrim story is getting so much praise in here. The story was honestly forgettable and missable if you weren't watching out for it and in a game that physically large, that's completely doable. Seriously, once you get to Whiterun and the story sandboxes, good luck.

Miles
It's getting praise because it's that good. You seem to believe that "story" refers to only the main quest line. But the story which is "told" by you playing the game is everything, not just that one thing.
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
randommj
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
It's getting praise because it's that good. You seem to believe that "story" refers to only the main quest line. But the story which is "told" by you playing the game is everything, not just that one thing.
Bologna, every guild story was the exact same aside from the Companions. The thieves guild story was laughable and was the brotherhood. All the side quest stories were one of 3 things: This beast needs some killing, I need this item, or go help this guy, who, inevitable needed some beast killed or needed some item.

I couldnt get absorbed into the story because there was too much stuff that completely look me out of it like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Or realizing that I can become a level 100 blacksmith/pickpocket/sneak/alchemist in like 30 min. Or even simple things like if you are using a single hand weapon, and you double tap R1 and hold the second tap, you can do a light and heavy attack in the time it takes to do a heavy attack.

Like I said, its a good game if your going from one side of the continent just enjoying the scenery and taking out whatever you run into, but its severely lacking in the other department.

Miles
Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06
Support Corvetteforum!

rwscissors2

Quote:
Originally Posted by randommj View Post
Bologna, every guild story was the exact same aside from the Companions. The thieves guild story was laughable and was the brotherhood. All the side quest stories were one of 3 things: This beast needs some killing, I need this item, or go help this guy, who, inevitable needed some beast killed or needed some item.

I couldnt get absorbed into the story because there was too much stuff that completely look me out of it like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Or realizing that I can become a level 100 blacksmith/pickpocket/sneak/alchemist in like 30 min. Or even simple things like if you are using a single hand weapon, and you double tap R1 and hold the second tap, you can do a light and heavy attack in the time it takes to do a heavy attack.

Like I said, its a good game if your going from one side of the continent just enjoying the scenery and taking out whatever you run into, but its severely lacking in the other department.

Miles
You're right and every other person is wrong, got it. Only you know what a good story is.
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
randommj
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissors View Post
You're right and every other person is wrong, got it. Only you know what a good story is.
OP asked for opinions on what a good game was, I was giving my opinion, you told me I was wrong, so Im defending my position.

Miles
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #27
Subsonic
CF Senior Member

I've heard they're coming out with Baldurs gate enhanced edition.

Here's a link
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/baldurs...eo-02-09-2013/
Subsonic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #28
WallyWest
CF Senior Member

Look at The Witcher. Pretty cool game.

Otherwise Skyrim is very nice.

If you were really into Baldur's Gate they did just re-release it with a fully updated graphics engine. Even today that game stands up quite well.
WallyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page What RPG Game?