Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
rkhegler
CF Senior Member

Default YouTube

I just purchased a new iMac. I seem to be having trouble with YouTube. The progress bar at the bottom of the video moves very slowly and stops about ever 5 seconds and interrupts the sound and the clip. This very annoying. Can anyone tell me in simple understandable terms how to adjust this so that I can view the video with out being stopped about a thousand times?
rkhegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
snide
CF Senior Member
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Location: You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think. - snide The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard on duty.
Send a message via AIM to snide Send a message via MSN to snide Send a message via Skype™ to snide

Does your interwebs work?
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
rkhegler
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Does your interwebs work?
Interwebs? Yes, I have good internet connections. This happened on my PC but no nearly as bad.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

You should have waited. The new iMac is due out in a week or so. As per mac Rumors. http://www.macrumors.com/

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple has begun delaying iMac orders, notifying customers that shipment of their orders is being pushed back to next week. The move comes ahead of an expected iMac refresh that may be set to occur on Tuesday of next week.
Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

Z0JP, IMAC 27”/5750/SD
will now ship on or before
May 02, 2011
The report also notes that Mr. X, a source who has provided reliable information to a number of sites in the past, claims that new iMacs should be expected sometime the week of May 2nd.

Separately, we've heard that Apple is planning a change-out in the promotional materials of its retail stores for next week Tuesday, May 3rd. Such shifts are common when Apple rolls out updated models in one of its high-profile product lines as it seeks to capitalize on the publicity and interest. The company generally distributes updated "planograms" showing any changes in store layout, as well as new promotional signage and materials several days ahead of time.

Just over a month ago, CNET's Brian Tong reported that new iMacs were due by the end of April of the first week in May. A May 3rd release would obviously meet that timeline.
su8pack1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
rkhegler
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post
You should have waited. The new iMac is due out in a week or so. As per mac Rumors. http://www.macrumors.com/

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple has begun delaying iMac orders, notifying customers that shipment of their orders is being pushed back to next week. The move comes ahead of an expected iMac refresh that may be set to occur on Tuesday of next week.
Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

Z0JP, IMAC 27”/5750/SD
will now ship on or before
May 02, 2011
The report also notes that Mr. X, a source who has provided reliable information to a number of sites in the past, claims that new iMacs should be expected sometime the week of May 2nd.

Separately, we've heard that Apple is planning a change-out in the promotional materials of its retail stores for next week Tuesday, May 3rd. Such shifts are common when Apple rolls out updated models in one of its high-profile product lines as it seeks to capitalize on the publicity and interest. The company generally distributes updated "planograms" showing any changes in store layout, as well as new promotional signage and materials several days ahead of time.

Just over a month ago, CNET's Brian Tong reported that new iMacs were due by the end of April of the first week in May. A May 3rd release would obviously meet that timeline.
What I have is fine except for the problem with YouTube. I have a help session scheduled for next week and I will address the problem with the techs then.

Every time you purchase any techno gadget, by the time you get it from the store to your car, they will have something bigger, faster, and better than the one you just bought.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page YouTube

Tags
corvettes, youtube