Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
C6 MoneyPit
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10
 
C6 MoneyPit's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: Simi Valley California
Default HELP! Hormel Honey Glaze Mix Instructions Please!

This Hormel spiral cut ham came with a packet of honey glaze to mix and coat the piggy...

Unfortunately, the packet is glued to the ham wrapping and when the glaze mix was pulled off the instructions stayed suck to the piggy wrapping! Anyone have the instructions for mixing the glaze? Thanks!!!
C6 MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
kapayakapaya
CF Senior Member
 
kapayakapaya's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: I refused to read post #69.
Default

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ham in shallow roasting pan. In large saucepan, combine glaze packet with 2 cups of water. Add brown sugar and heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Meanwhile, combine remaining water with cornstarch. Add to brown sugar mixture and continue to simmer until mixture begins to thicken slightly. Pour half of the glaze over the ham. Bake for 1 hour; basting every 10-15 minutes. If the pan seems to be getting too dry, simply add a small amount of water to the pan. After 1 hour turn oven off and let ham stand in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove ham from pan and let rest. Remove all excess drippings from the pan and add to the leftover glaze. Reheat glaze and serve with the ham.
kapayakapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
C6 MoneyPit
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10
 
C6 MoneyPit's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: Simi Valley California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapayakapaya View Post
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ham in shallow roasting pan. In large saucepan, combine glaze packet with 2 cups of water. Add brown sugar and heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Meanwhile, combine remaining water with cornstarch. Add to brown sugar mixture and continue to simmer until mixture begins to thicken slightly. Pour half of the glaze over the ham. Bake for 1 hour; basting every 10-15 minutes. If the pan seems to be getting too dry, simply add a small amount of water to the pan. After 1 hour turn oven off and let ham stand in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove ham from pan and let rest. Remove all excess drippings from the pan and add to the leftover glaze. Reheat glaze and serve with the ham.
Thanks! Any idea how much brown sugar to add to the glaze packet?
C6 MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
SexxyGurl
CF Senior Member
 
SexxyGurl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: San Jose Ca
Send a message via Yahoo to SexxyGurl
Default

SexxyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
kapayakapaya
CF Senior Member
 
kapayakapaya's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: I refused to read post #69.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6 MoneyPit View Post
Thanks! Any idea how much brown sugar to add to the glaze packet?
Ingredients:

* 1 (6 to 8 pound) Hormel® Cure 81® Spiral Sliced Half Ham- with glaze packet
* 3 cups water, divided
* 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
* 4 teaspoons cornstarch
kapayakapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
C6 MoneyPit
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10
 
C6 MoneyPit's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: Simi Valley California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapayakapaya View Post
Ingredients:

* 1 (6 to 8 pound) Hormel® Cure 81® Spiral Sliced Half Ham- with glaze packet
* 3 cups water, divided
* 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
* 4 teaspoons cornstarch
YOU ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU! COME HAVE SOME HAM AND TURKEY AND A BEER!!!
C6 MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
kapayakapaya
CF Senior Member
 
kapayakapaya's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: I refused to read post #69.
Default

How did it turn out?
kapayakapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
C6 MoneyPit
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10
 
C6 MoneyPit's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: Simi Valley California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapayakapaya View Post
How did it turn out?
It turned out perfectly, thanks to you! The glaze was awesome and the ham was a huge hit! Everyone commented on how good it was and they were happy we had a ham and turkey! The downside (or upside) is that we will be eating ham and turkey for a month with all the leftovers! Thanks again for coming to the rescue!

BTW I had tried getting the instructions all morning from the Hormel site but of course all I got was "Server Too Busy." But Corvette Forum came through!

Last edited by C6 MoneyPit; 11-27-2009 at 09:30 AM.
C6 MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page HELP! Hormel Honey Glaze Mix Instructions Please!
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
brown, directions, glaze, glazed, ham, honey, hormal, hormel, instru, instructions, mix, package, packet, sliced, spiral, sugar


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2