Northern California Northern California

The ultimate C7 LT1 rebuilt - BIG POWER

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 01:18 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 425 Likes on 322 Posts

Default The ultimate C7 LT1 rebuilt - BIG POWER

So its been 8 months in the making but here we go Corvette Family. So let me give you some history here. The poor C7 has been an achilles heel since the day I started modding. First thing was an A&A kit with a Si headunit. had a local shop (dont ask ) did the worlds worst tune. I dealt with issues for almost 2 years of it fouling plugs and CEL. Shop was clueless. Remember this was around 2015 when these were still new so I get it but cmon. Fast forward a couple years and I decide to go to a Ti headunit and headers and have it retuned. New shop was great. Dont ask he wants to be unnamed??? LOL Car ran good but wasnt driven much. At some point I believe I had a failed meth pump which wiped out the motor. Crazy thing was besides the oil blowby everywhere it ran fine and still hurt feelings. Well early this year I decided to pull motor and start all over with 20K miles.

My 2017 SS Camaro has a Maggie with a few boltons making great power so I decided to use the same shop for my Corvette build. A list of some of the parts is a fully balanced and blueprinted motor. Forged with a BTR Stage 2 blower cam, Heads polished up and all new hardware, LT4 fueling, and some of the goodies you see. Also has Kooks headers, Corsa xpipe and catback. Decided to go with a upgraded aux low side to finish fueling along with E85. To help hold this power to the ground is a Monster Stage 2 clutch and R888R 315's out back. I have also decided to go away from Meth this time and tune for flex. To say I am excited is an understatement and as I go down this road I will share my journey along with pictures. Here comes big boy power.

The following users liked this post:
tlove32 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 01:24 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

The following 2 users liked this post by teddyca:
lostsoul (04-12-2022), tlove32 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 01:59 PM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 367 Posts

Looks fantastic teddy! Keep us posted buddy!!
Old 11-03-2021, 09:11 PM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

Teddy is a great guy,I would watch him wash a car Going to follow this
Old 11-04-2021, 10:49 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

LOL Man I would wash YOUR car if you needed help. Thank you for the kind words. I am pretty excited. I think I got the Camaro figured out yesterday (damn suspension sometimes leave **** alone) and started putting acc. on the motor. Waiting on a pump so I can flush the dry sump system, then go time. I need to really sit down and see what else I am missing. Stupid stuff like a belt tensioner. With my blower its impossible to change and they are junk so I am going new. Hell Camaro's went out with 12K miles and I have already replaced it once under warranty on Corvette. I ordered a new DSX low side system. 1,000HP goal but if I hit 900 I will be happy. I just like the bigger number better simply for bragging rights lol. We all know how many times I will race this thing. HAHAHA
Old 11-04-2021, 10:54 AM
C5 4me
Drifting

I know you would Teddy,Your truly one of the nicest corvette owners I had ever met I still think about your yellow FRC,And how forgiving you were to the person who damage it.It said alot about the kinda person you were & still are to this day.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Teddy great talking with you last night on the cell, Hope you have better luck than I have had have pulled the motor now two times due to bad motor work from a guy in Knoville,tn have it now in Nashville. Getting a new block and redoing all of that work now. Decking the new block and having it also line bored on the new block. Only doing 10:5:1 pistons with a deck job and making sure the heads are good and flat should be a little more.

Man post some pic's as you go on this job. I am going to try and be safe at around 850 max to the wheels. I am shipping my metal procharger intake off to PRO-METH to have it drilled & set up to run one 15 into the blower & one 15 into the intake even into all 8 holes at the moment. Keep the pic's coming man. Robert
Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Welp boys. 4 months later this is actually happening. I have been pretty busy and to be honest reluctant on the install. I have a lot of $$$$$ invested in this project and simply lost interest. Was talking with fellow CF member and friend who helped me pull it last night and he says "lets call in sick Friday and do it". LOL So I immediately took the day off as a responsible adult. HAHAHAHA We will be banging at it all day so if any of you Yahoo's are in the Tracy area and want to see a couple knuckle heads messing with a C7 come on out. Man I am excited.
The following 5 users liked this post by teddyca:
Boat Racer (04-06-2022), C5 4me (04-13-2022), Russdawg1 (04-05-2022), spireland (04-10-2022), UncleFodder (04-06-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 10:09 PM
lostsoul
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 944 Likes on 558 Posts

All this brings back memories of the pain I had with my mustang.. The love and hate relationship.lol

I went though years of bad tuning and an engine rebuild because a tuner flooded the engine while tuning in a meth kit. Water was dripping on the dyno and car jerking and he kept "tooning" it out..lol Then boom, metal and oil all over. He left me hanging and didnt help, later closed shop. Thats why when I got my C7 I just got the procharged kit with their tune. (sold now)..

I should have held off now I have no Vett =-/ .. I hit cars.com but its a damn joke. The listings are either old or stuff going to customers. strange. Tracy dealer was said to have one.. I tried to call 3 times and no one picks up. Gray with red seats.. who orders red seats..sheesh..lol

I have a long wait for an e-ray =-/

Old 04-13-2022, 10:46 AM
C5 4me
Drifting

Default Dang I miss this

Originally Posted by teddyca
Welp boys. 4 months later this is actually happening. I have been pretty busy and to be honest reluctant on the install. I have a lot of $$$$$ invested in this project and simply lost interest. Was talking with fellow CF member and friend who helped me pull it last night and he says "lets call in sick Friday and do it". LOL So I immediately took the day off as a responsible adult. HAHAHAHA We will be banging at it all day so if any of you Yahoo's are in the Tracy area and want to see a couple knuckle heads messing with a C7 come on out. Man I am excited.
I would have called in sick just to watch /help/ food run for this. I hope it turned out well
Old 04-13-2022, 11:41 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

The following 4 users liked this post by teddyca:
C5 4me (04-13-2022), EMoneyTheGreat (04-13-2022), lostsoul (04-13-2022), spireland (04-21-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 01:35 AM
dgarzoli
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I may need an engine rebuild. Where did you get it done?
Old 09-06-2022, 03:54 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Caliber Customs in Madera
Old 11-03-2022, 09:38 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Welp boys and girls. As life has it, things changed. I no longer nor have I lived in Tracy for some time. I never wrapped up this car and I am being pressed to come get it. LOL Were still cordial but I have no room with my Camaro and the C8. I might be selling this car to some lucky sob at way less then half I got into it. HAHA Stay tuned. I am going back to look at it this week likely and tow it home. Needs aux fueling, intake, headers, and to be buttoned up. Not much left but like a side chick I have no interest, HAHAHAHA
Old 11-03-2022, 06:47 PM
titus40
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow.sorry to hear all this Teddy. Thats rough. Wishing you the best with the life changes. Concentrate more on your well being and getting through this while remaining sane. Material things come and go, but yout mental health is most important. If you need any help with anything feel free to reach out to me.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:52 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Oh Titus my friend. Don't worry about ole Teddy. I am concidering selling this car ONLY because its silly to have it, the Camaro, and my C8. My C8 is completely modded to my liking for now. I bought to flip and well, no thanks. HAHA I love the car. I just don't have room in my garage for 3. Only regret I have is not selling my C7 3 years ago when I had a chance to get a C7 ZR1. Now its a pipe dream lol.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:43 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck with everything Teddy. You have been one busy person and three cars will really keep you busy unless one of them is basically stock, which would drive you nuts!!

Get notified of new replies

To The ultimate C7 LT1 rebuilt - BIG POWER

Old 11-04-2022, 04:52 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thank you for the kind words fellas. I have always tried to be a standup guy. This is the closest thing I have from stock and all this work was done first 2 weeks or so. HAHAHA Once Magnuson prices come down a bit "good ole Corvette tax" and they will sell to the avg. Joe, I'll bite. For now intake, exhaust, and a bunch of looks fast goodies.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:21 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks great!! I sold my vintage Corvette race car and have my 2012 Grand Sport for sale. Looks like I might have my new C8 by the end of the year. It's going to look very plain next to your car!
Old 11-04-2022, 05:40 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

No C8 is basic. Let me help you out. Order some front mesh grills for the radiators now. If you didnt get a Z51 get the cheap $200 Ebay painted front splitter. If you got cool gray seats get some terry covers. The abundant other stuff I did was not needed, but even after 200 miles my radiator fins were already getting bent. They are a pain in the *** to install but if you get the lip which is a 1000X improvement over stock and the poverty splitter it comes with, you can do both at once. Hell bring the car to Lathrop, you buy beer and lunch and I will put the **** on for you my friend I aint got no lift no more but I am still a young buck. HAHAHAHA Sit in a chair and watch me take your car apart hahaha

Quick Reply: The ultimate C7 LT1 rebuilt - BIG POWER