Northern California Northern California

Looking for C4 Repair Shop Bay Area, CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 AM
dtana
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for C4 Repair Shop Bay Area, CA

I have a '93 6 speed & Im looking for recommendations for a shop that in the SF Bay Area, Northern California. I live in Fremont so I've heard of Precision Motive in Hayward. Anyone have any personal experience with them? I've read that they certainly know what they're doing, but have also read that their pricing may be a little on the high side.

Are there any other shops in the area that you would personally recommend? They need not be shops that exclusively deal with Corvettes. Just shops that you know do good, honest reasonably priced work on them.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:06 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista is the defacto shop for all things Corvette... Give Richie or Tony a call and talk over your needs, and they can hook you up! Richie is the man!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:33 AM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had Pat at Precision Motive do a couple things on my C5 over the years, always good work and I didn't have any issue with the charges. Anything that requires Corvette specific knowledge is going to take less time at a qualified shop. There aren't many knowledgable Corvette shops around. Chris at Dublin Chevy is also good and I've known Richie for a decade or more and he gets things done right as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Erik Zinn
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dtana
I have a '93 6 speed & Im looking for recommendations for a shop that in the SF Bay Area, Northern California. I live in Fremont so I've heard of Precision Motive in Hayward. Anyone have any personal experience with them? I've read that they certainly know what they're doing, but have also read that their pricing may be a little on the high side.

Are there any other shops in the area that you would personally recommend? They need not be shops that exclusively deal with Corvettes. Just shops that you know do good, honest reasonably priced work on them.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Abel Chevrolet has done a great job on my 1996 with a LT4. The great thing about Abel Chevrolet is that they know how to deal with non-stock stuff and they always discuss the quality of aftermarket parts with me before installation. But here is the best part - they actually will tell you that they are not sure about something, instead of faking it like some shops will do.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:43 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Pat Hendrix at Precision Motive did all the work when I had a 1996 LT4 C4. He has more knowledge of C4's than almost anyone I've encountered. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:18 AM
dtana
Racer

Thanks everyone. I spoke to Richie at Abel Chevrolet & he sounds like a great guy & it was easy to understand why that place has such a good rep among forum members. Unfortunately it's a good 90 minutes from where I'm at here in Fremont.
Based on your recommendations I'm going to go with Precision Motive, which is just several miles away from me & see how that works out.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:50 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Good luck. They may be a drive away, but they will take care of the Corvette community for sure. Many believe it is worth the drive.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:14 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Check out Eden Automotive in San Leandro. Jimmy was a GM tech before he opened his own shop as well as being a mechanic on a trans am team back in the day.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:37 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by chetly
Check out Eden Automotive in San Leandro. Jimmy was a GM tech before he opened his own shop as well as being a mechanic on a trans am team back in the day.
The only number I found for them (510) 278-3336 doesn't work. Do you have a better number for them. Of the other places listed, which is the closest to San Leandro/Oakland? I'm not in the area, but need to get a C5 fully serviced.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
dtana
Racer

Originally Posted by clubracer6
The only number I found for them (510) 278-3336 doesn't work. Do you have a better number for them. Of the other places listed, which is the closest to San Leandro/Oakland? I'm not in the area, but need to get a C5 fully serviced.
Precision Motive is in Hayward which is next door to San Leandro so it would be the closest. They're definitely open for business, as my car is there right now. But call them as they get busy. (510) 886-0789. The service mgr is Bob & you can tell him Dan with the '93 C4 referred you.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 PM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dtana
Precision Motive is in Hayward which is next door to San Leandro so it would be the closest. They're definitely open for business, as my car is there right now. But call them as they get busy. (510) 886-0789. The service mgr is Bob & you can tell him Dan with the '93 C4 referred you.
Thanks! Talked to Bob, super nice guy.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for C4 Repair Shop Bay Area, CA

Quick Reply: Looking for C4 Repair Shop Bay Area, CA