Northern California Northern California

Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Wahoo12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Seca

First weekend in May to watch the race. This will be my first trip to track.

Any ideas on best area to watch from? Parking? Driving from Ore on I-5 to Santa Nella,hwy 156 to Marina.

Places to eat and purchase fuel.

thanks,

Wayne
Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
harrydirty
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo12
First weekend in May to watch the race. This will be my first trip to track.

Any ideas on best area to watch from? Parking? Driving from Ore on I-5 to Santa Nella,hwy 156 to Marina.

Places to eat and purchase fuel.

thanks,

Wayne
If you keep going south on hiway 1 past Marina you will come to Monterey. Just take the first exit (exit 403) after you see a Laguna Seca sign. Take a left at the end of the exit and you will immediately see a Shell station on your left (it's right next to Home Depot). It is open very early and late so it's convenient. If you continue on that road (Canyon Del Rey Blvd) you will pass restaurants and fast food places, and a Safeway. Continue until you get to hiway 68 (Salinas Hiway) where you will take a left. Past two more lights and Laguna Seca entrance will be on your left (there will be a brown recreational area sign just before left turn lane).

Have fun!

Last edited by harrydirty; 04-24-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 PM
joeflyer
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

PM Sent with some info
Old 04-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Wahoo12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

Sent a PM not sure it was received. Thanks for the heads up on the corral pass.

Wayne
Old 05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tons of great restaurants in the area, just do a search. My favorite is called Turtle Bay in Seaside on Fremont street. Pacific coast Mexican seafood place that is to die for, but it's very small so get there early. The have a second location in Pacific Grove off of Asilomar ave. out by the coast, but I haven't tried that one. They also go by the name Fishwife's restaurant. For breakfast, you can't beat the "Breakfast Club" restaurant, Also in Seaside on Fremont. Awesome service, but real popular with the locals so there might be a wait if you show up late.

As far as watching the race, it's pretty hard to beat the top of the hill @ the corkscrew, but I tend to just walk the inside perimeter all the way around. There is always the grandstand with a great view of the pit action across the track.

Hope this reaches you, I'm kinda late!

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To Laguna Seca

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca