Northern California Northern California

Tadge Juechter

Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tadge Juechter

Am I the only one who thinks that we C7 buyers are DAMNED lucky to have a man of Tadge Juechter's demonstrated leadership, competence and enthusiasm leading the Corvette C7 team that has designed and built a TRULY wonderful car? Are we lucky or not?

Get real, folks !!!

What was he supposed to do? Should he have risked jeopardizing 2014 Stingray sales by prematurely announcing the 8-speed's availability in the 2015 Stingray? Hell no! Only an idiot would do such a thing.

He is neither the first nor last automotive exec who has had to "steer" his prospective customer base in the direction that will result in greater Corvette sales which will serve to fund future R&D of the type that resulted in the MAJOR, ground-breaking technical tour-de-force that is the C7.

None of us are privy to the dictates of marketing, quotas and on-going financial justification(to GM) of the Corvette brand. Juechter is at least partially responsible for guiding the Corvette mission through all of the bankruptcy and government partial ownership horrors so that the Corvette survived as a GM priority even though it is admittedly a small contribution to Chevy/GM sales.

So, I strongly believe that we should all support Juechter and hope that he is allowed to do the same high quality job of leading the effort to promote and sustain the Corvette brand.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:49 AM
C7Kevin
Racer

ttt (to the top)

OR....

"I wanna be on top" said the harlot to the Vicar as she pushed the old man off of her and gave him back his 20-quid note.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 AM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

I'm with you Kevin. I believe Tadge Juechter and his team have done a great job with the new Stingray.
Tuning an eight speed tranny is not an easy job. I'm sure the new transmission will be great. Example of a pre-mature transmission is on the new Cherokee. It has a 9 speed that reportedly never goes to 9th!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:55 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
I'm with you Kevin. I believe Tadge Juechter and his team have done a great job with the new Stingray.
Tuning an eight speed tranny is not an easy job. I'm sure the new transmission will be great. Example of a pre-mature transmission is on the new Cherokee. It has a 9 speed that reportedly never goes to 9th!
Thanks for your support, Bimmerborn. It is appreciated.

We are luckier than most know that Juechter is the head man in C7.

We also owe a great deal of thanks to all of Juechter's people, but especially to Alex Mc Donald and Jim Mero who both do a lot of the test driving, at Milford and the 'Ring, in order to perfect, as best they can, the steering, handling and ride of the C7. Because of Mc Donald and Mero, I have every confidence that the C7 I buy will be first rate in cornering performance.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:46 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

I agree. Couple of weekends ago I did the Rainbow Run 2014 with the good folks here. I have done this 4-5 times so far. Short story, this last time I did not get tired at all. And the car's handling was unbelievably smooth.
Last weekend I pushed it much harder. I drove 750 miles to Buttonwillow raceway, Moro Bay, Pismo Beach, you name it. I took HWY58 from I-5 to the ocean jumping over 1,000 humps and carving 2,000 bends. As you mentioned, nothing I drove so far comes close to handling and ride of this car.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:19 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

I agree. Couple of weekends ago I did the Rainbow Run 2014 with the good folks here. I have done this 4-5 times so far. Short story, this last time I did not get tired at all. And the car's handling was unbelievably smooth.
Last weekend I pushed it much harder. I drove 750 miles to Buttonwillow raceway, Moro Bay, Pismo Beach, you name it. I took HWY58 from I-5 to the ocean jumping over 1,000 humps and carving 2,000 bends. As you mentioned, nothing I drove so far comes close to handling and ride of this car.

Hello, Bimmerborn,
would you please mind telling me if you have the Z51 and MSRC(FE4) options on your car. If you do, could you please let me know what the ride quality is like in the various Driving Modes (Tour, Sport, Track) ??? Thanks very much for your help.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

1985, second year of the C4, saw the L98 come into play. The C6 got a 6-speed auto and a Z06 option the next year (2005).

McClellan did it, Hill did it, no surprise that Juechter did it. Even Zora did it. The C3 saw 350s replace the 327s in the 2nd year, and in the 3rd year you got 454s and the LT-1.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:01 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7Kevin
Hello, Bimmerborn,
would you please mind telling me if you have the Z51 and MSRC(FE4) options on your car. If you do, could you please let me know what the ride quality is like in the various Driving Modes (Tour, Sport, Track) ??? Thanks very much for your help.
Kevin,
I have Z51 with no MSRC. It's called FE3. It is a subjective matter, but to me the ride is as good as it can get for a 460hp sports car. I had my reasons not to get MSRC. Historically anytime I had MSRC, PASM, dynamic ride, or even adjustable shocks, I set them to firmest and never change.
Therefore ride quality is the same in different modes... Well the steering changes. I do like the ride in sport mode best.
Hope I answered your question properly.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:40 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Kevin,
I have Z51 with no MSRC. It's called FE3. It is a subjective matter, but to me the ride is as good as it can get for a 460hp sports car. I had my reasons not to get MSRC. Historically anytime I had MSRC, PASM, dynamic ride, or even adjustable shocks, I set them to firmest and never change.
Therefore ride quality is the same in different modes... Well the steering changes. I do like the ride in sport mode best.
Hope I answered your question properly.
Thanks, Bimmerhorn, for your reply. It was most helpful.

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge Juechter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tadge Juechter