Northern California Northern California

Rich and Abel Chevrolet...woo hoo!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Rich and Abel Chevrolet...woo hoo!

If you haven't had your Corvette serviced Abel Chevrolet and see Rich...you really aren't having what I call a Corvette - "end to end experience".
Sure, Corvette is one of GM's halo vehicles. But what good is the car if you don't also get great customer service And with that, a person that has "been there and done that". Rich at Abel backs up his care for customers with experience at the track and understanding the technology of the vehicle and as important US (the customer). I personally have tried to see how high I can get my MPG to dropping the pedal to the floor.

I've been down the quarter mile a few times, have an NHRA competition lisc. as well as wrench on my own cars. So, I'd like to know the technical details so I can understand what it takes to break parts as well as try and keep them from breaking. I also had a Z28 and C5 Z06 so Chevies and Corvettes are not new to me.

At any rate, I picked up some Toyo drag radials and on a spirited dump of the clutch, I broke the DR-side axle. Rich helped me to decide on either replacing with an updated part...or going with C5 axles. Based on how I drive the car (it's a daily driver) and due to the opinion that breaking an axle is a lesser evil than something else in the drive-train, I chose to go with an updated part.

Back on the road in less than 48 hours!

Can I get a Woo Hoo for Rich at Abel Chevrolet!!!!

Some ubiquitous beauty shots after the replacement of the axle...

Old 04-09-2014, 02:09 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Blah Blah Blah.... Richie this Richie that.......

Just kidding, wouldn't take my cars anyplace else ....
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Richie, and the staff at Abel's service department, are absolutely the best!!! Even Tony!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Idk about those guys at Able...... Jk they are great... Between Rich and Rick all my car needs have been met.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:03 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Many times it's not the car that's the problem but finding competent mechanics who know how to work on the car to maintain and fix it correctly without creating new problems. Rich at Able gets high marks on customer service and treating customers right to educating the customer depending on how the customer will use and drive their Corvette. They have great Corvette mechanics and are not into ripping customers off on these computerized cars which is typical with some of these other GM dealerships who don't even know what they are doing causing more problems to make it appear as a problem car.
Need service?, need help?, need advise? Just go see Rich in Parts Dept. at Abel.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for the kind words fellas. We try our best to make everyone happy and we truely appreciate all of the continued support of all our Corvette customers.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:15 AM
Denny79
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's nice to hear about the excellent service at Abel Chevrolet. I am going there on Monday morning (takes almost 2 hours one way) - some warranty service.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:12 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by fly_low
That's nice to hear about the excellent service at Abel Chevrolet. I am going there on Monday morning (takes almost 2 hours one way) - some warranty service.

Get notified of new replies

To Rich and Abel Chevrolet...woo hoo!

Quick Reply: Rich and Abel Chevrolet...woo hoo!