Northern California Northern California

C7 - Theft Protection Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 AM
C7Kevin
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default C7 - Theft Protection Alternatives

I know that Corvettes have historically been frequent targets for car thieves. I would like to find out what I'll need to do to reduce the chance that my C7 will be stolen while I am traveling in it and it needs to be parked outdoors or in unattended parking garages.

a few questions spring to mind:

1) are the GM offering(s) effective for the Corvette C7 ?

2) is it necessary to install any aftermarket anti-theft devices to make a C7 REALLY theft proof ?

3) can any C7 owners recommend a really solid anti-theft installation ?

Thanks for any help !!!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:10 AM
acarroll7715
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Nothing is ever completely theft proof. If someone wants to take what you have bad enough, they will find a way. You should already have On-Star equipped in the vehicle so that means that there already is GPS tracking on it but I guess you could also have Lojack installed for an added piece of mind. Newer corvettes really aren't stolen all that frequently unless it's an inside job or potential insurance fraud so I wouldn't stress over it.

I'd be more worried about potential vandalism or wheel theft from envious and jealous people, in that case you could get a proxy alarm that goes off if someone gets too close to your car.

Last edited by acarroll7715; 03-29-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by acarroll7715
Nothing is ever completely theft proof. If someone wants to take what you have bad enough, they will find a way. You should already have On-Star equipped in the vehicle so that means that there already GPS tracking on it but I guess you could also have Lojack installed for an added piece of mind. Newer corvettes really aren't stolen all that frequently unless it's an inside job or potential insurance fraud so I wouldn't stress over it.

I'd be more worried about potential vandalism or wheel theft from envious and jealous people, in that case you could get a proxy alarm that goes off if someone gets too close to your car.
This is so true..... Corvettes are the hardest cars to break into ... you cant use any tool to get in the car but a hammer... even AAA or a lock smith cant get into them... you have to have a factory key made... Try locking your fob in the car and getting it out.... cant be done without a key..... As for the aftermarket antitheft systems.. who really listens to alarms these days.....
Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

There are some that "Flatbed" cars. The only way to beat this is to have tracking as mentioned above.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
..... As for the aftermarket antitheft systems.. who really listens to alarms these days.....
This is true. damn alarms go off everywhere i drive and noone ever pays attention to it.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:05 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, all, for your advice.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 - Theft Protection Alternatives

Quick Reply: C7 - Theft Protection Alternatives