Northern California Northern California

Who in the area is considering a C7 in the next few months???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Wood (Panavia)
When they Come out with a C7 Z06....! and probably 2nd year in at that. ..but yup.

the C7 will put the classic car guy out of business...they are soo good, you wont want anything else.
Same here, although if they came out with something like the GS with a widebody I would be happy.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 322 Posts

Richie- Thanks for that kind offer. I would love to come check it out but no driving here. I would be so pissed that I just spent C7 money on a boat. HAHA

Actually the 11mpg is me commuting the car from Tracy to San Ramon at an avg. mph of about 10 HAHA Rest of the driving is around town. I really have not had any nice trips yet. I love the look and finish of the Challenger which s why I passed on the Camaro. Being able to pick both of my sons up from school together and going to lunch is worth every last red cent I put into that tank.

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Teddy, our car should be here in 3-4 weeks and you're more than welcome to come and check it out or drive it and see what you think. It's a loaded Z51 7 speed
Old 11-23-2013, 12:24 PM
1KUIK7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Crystal red Z51 2LT coming from MacMulkin, they are sending my packet next week signing the paper work and getting a transport company. VERY EXCITED!!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Hey teddyca!
Got mine from Tracy Chev!!!!Going to order another from there! I think we will be going there this Sun to talk to Harry (our salesman). Probably early afternoon and then to Costco!
Let me know if you want to see mine! Its Cyber Grey Metallic and we LOVE IT! Obvious since we are getting another for my wife in Crystal Red !
Old 11-26-2013, 05:05 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 1kuikc6
I got my Crystal red Z51 2LT coming from MacMulkin, they are sending my packet next week signing the paper work and getting a transport company. VERY EXCITED!!
Is there a reason that you didn't deal with a local dealer for the purchase? Did they have the exact model that you wanted or was it an order that you placed months ago?
Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey i constantly get 11 to 12 MPG driving my car in the city... dont really drive much but thats the gas mileage i get..
Im wondering if my MPG indicator is broken and not showing correctly...
Old 11-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dado5
Hey i constantly get 11 to 12 MPG driving my car in the city... dont really drive much but thats the gas mileage i get..
Im wondering if my MPG indicator is broken and not showing correctly...
On a C7? Mine is a auto and I'm showing in the 17's for around town. Had it since Oct 19th and just turned over the 500 mark! Brought it home from the dealer 34 miles and twice from home to Alameda and back 106 total twice and all the other miles is strictly local!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

No sorry should include model. It's 2012 grand sport

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
On a C7? Mine is a auto and I'm showing in the 17's for around town. Had it since Oct 19th and just turned over the 500 mark! Brought it home from the dealer 34 miles and twice from home to Alameda and back 106 total twice and all the other miles is strictly local!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Wood (Panavia)
When they Come out with a C7 Z06....! and probably 2nd year in at that. ..but yup.

the C7 will put the classic car guy out of business...they are soo good, you wont want anything else.
I'm not holding my breath for the C7 ZO6. The February 2014 issue of Vette magazine is predicting they will skip over it and instead release the new ZR1 next.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:19 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The C7-ZR1 will be sick !
Old 11-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
We had a 2011GS and was averaging around 15-16 around town
Old 12-24-2013, 01:27 AM
Down8
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered a Z51 from local dealer, which sold me the Camaro, a couple weeks ago. Not expecting to see it for a few months, but that timing works well for me.

Looking for some place to get together with other locals, and track the car. Might take the Camaro (V6) first, to get some laps under the belt.

-bZj
Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 PM
dyeggy
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12, '14-'17,'21

I'm going to wait for the 2015. Convertible. Possibly go Callaway.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:31 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by dyeggy
I'm going to wait for the 2015. Convertible. Possibly go Callaway.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Is there a reason that you didn't deal with a local dealer for the purchase? Did they have the exact model that you wanted or was it an order that you placed months ago?
Rich, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't get a price from Abel just to be a preferred service customer. There might be dealerships a little more convenient but, Abel is head and shoulders above all the others on after sales service and knowledge. Hope 2014 is a great year for the gang at Abel.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid LT1
Rich, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't get a price from Abel just to be a preferred service customer. There might be dealerships a little more convenient but, Abel is head and shoulders above all the others on after sales service and knowledge. Hope 2014 is a great year for the gang at Abel.
I tried. I was told if I ordered now I would be #7 or 8 on their list and "might" have delivery by August/September 2014. They simply don't have allocations they can fill (as of mid-December).

Having never been to the dealership, but living close by... last Night I actually went to look at their lot since the web site says they have a Torch Red car. Didn't see the TR one, but saw the horrific sight of the Premier car that looked like it wasn't washed in a month sitting out and needing all kinds of paint correction.

Everything I have heard about Abel is about how awesome the service is, but I've never heard anything about the dealership otherwise. Last night I think I saw why. If there was ever a need for a building, this is it.

I'll gladly take my car to them for service as their reputation is outstanding, but seeing the condition of that Premier Edition..... my OCD for paint care wouldn't let me buy one that sat on the lot there.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:15 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
I tried. I was told if I ordered now I would be #7 or 8 on their list and "might" have delivery by August/September 2014. They simply don't have allocations they can fill (as of mid-December).

Having never been to the dealership, but living close by... last Night I actually went to look at their lot since the web site says they have a Torch Red car. Didn't see the TR one, but saw the horrific sight of the Premier car that looked like it wasn't washed in a month sitting out and needing all kinds of paint correction.

Everything I have heard about Abel is about how awesome the service is, but I've never heard anything about the dealership otherwise. Last night I think I saw why. If there was ever a need for a building, this is it.

I'll gladly take my car to them for service as their reputation is outstanding, but seeing the condition of that Premier Edition..... my OCD for paint care wouldn't let me buy one that sat on the lot there.

The Torch Red car that shows on the website is actually mine. The car is on the way from GM and should arrive in another week or so. Our main website is actually somewhat controlled by GM and it is linked to our inventory that GM shows. The car has been shipped from the factory and once that happens, the car will show in our inventory. Once it is delivered here and the paperwork is done, the information will update. We can't change it so it can get confusing.

The Corvettes sitting outside is also not the norm here, but if you drove by you probably noticed that we are smack dab in the middle of a new building and a complete remodel for the showroom and sales staff. The show room is the first item being completed, but it will take a couple months to finish. In the mean time, as much as we hate it, all sales cars are outside. We had to rent the lot across the street to keep our inventory on so it's a bit of a headache for now.

Believe it or not, but the Premier Edition is being carefully hand washed 2-3 times per week, but as little rain we've had mixed with Rio Vista being one of the windiest places on earth and damp nights, the cars get dirty rather quickly. First thing this morning we had it washed and detailed again for the lot and we will probably have to do it again Monday. We try to move it in at night, but the Service Dept is usually full of all our customer's Corvettes that are here for work and we always keep them inside at night.

I certainly appreciate the kind words about my Service dept, but our Sales dept has the same reputation. Unfortunately we are not as large as some of the other dealers in terms of allocations and we had a long line of long time loyal customers that wanted to order the C7 so it will be a little while until GM can catch up with our orders. Hopefully Tim @ Boardwalk was able to take care of your order. We work back and forth all the time so he would be the person I'd recommend when we can't make a deal happen.

We hope to have all of the construction complete by the time our Annual Car Show is approaching in May. We hope to have a car show and Grand Re-Opening party all at the same time.

In the meantime, we want to thank everyone that has been loyal to us and continues to let us take care of all your Corvettes. We are looking forward to the changes ahead and having a newer building to accomodate all the increased business that we continue to have.

Happy New Year.

RICH
Old 01-02-2014, 05:31 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

The Torch Red car that shows on the website is actually mine. The car is on the way from GM and should arrive in another week or so. Our main website is actually somewhat controlled by GM and it is linked to our inventory that GM shows. The car has been shipped from the factory and once that happens, the car will show in our inventory. Once it is delivered here and the paperwork is done, the information will update. We can't change it so it can get confusing.

The Corvettes sitting outside is also not the norm here, but if you drove by you probably noticed that we are smack dab in the middle of a new building and a complete remodel for the showroom and sales staff. The show room is the first item being completed, but it will take a couple months to finish. In the mean time, as much as we hate it, all sales cars are outside. We had to rent the lot across the street to keep our inventory on so it's a bit of a headache for now.

Believe it or not, but the Premier Edition is being carefully hand washed 2-3 times per week, but as little rain we've had mixed with Rio Vista being one of the windiest places on earth and damp nights, the cars get dirty rather quickly. First thing this morning we had it washed and detailed again for the lot and we will probably have to do it again Monday. We try to move it in at night, but the Service Dept is usually full of all our customer's Corvettes that are here for work and we always keep them inside at night.

I certainly appreciate the kind words about my Service dept, but our Sales dept has the same reputation. Unfortunately we are not as large as some of the other dealers in terms of allocations and we had a long line of long time loyal customers that wanted to order the C7 so it will be a little while until GM can catch up with our orders. Hopefully Tim @ Boardwalk was able to take care of your order. We work back and forth all the time so he would be the person I'd recommend when we can't make a deal happen.

We hope to have all of the construction complete by the time our Annual Car Show is approaching in May. We hope to have a car show and Grand Re-Opening party all at the same time.

In the meantime, we want to thank everyone that has been loyal to us and continues to let us take care of all your Corvettes. We are looking forward to the changes ahead and having a newer building to accomodate all the increased business that we continue to have.

Happy New Year.

RICH
Fully understand, and yeah... I know what you mean about the wind, being right on the water doesn't help. I figured the car was still inbound, Chevy's site is pretty weird the way they do it, but congrats on your car coming in soon!

It was late, dark and New Years Eve, so I didn't really notice the construction... I was doing my best to have my wife remain neutral as I stopped by in passing to go to a friend's house.

Tim is taking care of me, I am much closer to the top of the list now and it seems his constraint waiting list is getting shorter. When I had contacted your sales team he was telling me I was "at the end of the line" with everyone else wanting constraint items, so I figured I would look at alternatives. I think that the allocation system is broken and flawed, personally.

Quick Reply: Who in the area is considering a C7 in the next few months???