Northern California Northern California

Fiske wheels thread for the NOR CAL Section

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
george-pamela
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Event Idea

How about a cruise around Lake Tahoe ? Many good spots to stop for a meal and/or spend the night.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Mrleeks
Cruising

We could have a weekend getaway by having a corvette cruise up or down highway 1. We would have a plan stop at a hotel along the way to get some rest. We can all go out for food together then everyone spends a night or the town before we get up for the cruise home the next day. This gives people a chance to meet up with us along the way for the cruise or to grab a bite to eat as a group. If we had enough people with us wherever we go to eat or sleep would look like a car show.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Pontiaker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a central CA get together? Iam in the Fresno area and for most in nor cal and so cal Fresno is only 3-4 hours away from any location in northern or southern CA. A day of show and shine, a second day of cruising up to and through Yosemite or one of the other national parks in this area? Possibly even an Auto X at the Fresno fairgrounds where they already do local SCCA events.
Matt
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Baller
Instructor

I live in Cambria CA which is exactly half way between LA and SF. We could do separate cruises that meet here and then take a trek up highway 1 to Big Sur and stop a Napanethe restaurant for lunch. Still would leave everyone plenty of time to either get back home or else stay the night locally. As a side note there are numerous great wineries in the Paso Robles area, there's also the Hearst Castle and it can all be tied into a charity run as well.

Cambria

Napenthe
http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/

Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM
JGBeckwith
Cruising

Default Fiske Wheels?

How about a Sacramento to Reno Poker Run (NOT on I-80!)? $1/car/stop with proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM
bimmerborn
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 120 Posts

How about Monterey 17 miles drive

p.s. I need those wheels! My wheels got stolen...
Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
mdchaser
Burning Brakes

I'd like to see a big vette meet in the Sac area, there are quite a few vette clubs around here that would attend and I think we could get a metric s%$t ton of vettes to show up.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
jmerson
Advanced

Default Event

Here's a great idea! In mid May of every year there is a really nice CAR SHOW, on grass, held in the small town of Linden,CA called the Cherry Festival. Linden is about 14 miles East of Stockton on the way to the Mother Lode. All of the money is donated to the local kids. The last two years it has gone to the Art department of the local High School, Linden High. Some of the money goes to the local library and the total is about $3500.00 annually.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM
NorCali
2nd Gear

How about a Norcal "Gold Rush" cruise day. Start the travel at the birth place of the CA gold rush, Sutter's Mill in Coloma. Then travel along the scenic highway 49 to Hangtown (Placerville). Maybe squeeze in a few stops at the under rated Fairplay wineries for food, drinks, and scenery (http://www.fairplaywine.com/map.html). Finish the day off at Sacramento's old town district with dinner on board the Delta King river boat.

There are countless historic spots of interest along this general route that could be fun stops for a poke run too-

Perhaps even combine the whole event with a UCD/Oakland Childrens hospital toy drive as suggested earlier.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM
DodongoDuster
8th Gear

I like the idea of a mod night, but how bout we add a raffle element with proceeds going to charity. the winner gets to choose between a few offered mods to have done to their car as a demonstration/crash course.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
RaceyJnK
7th Gear

Hi all, how about a drive to and around Clearlake? Highway 20 is fun! Hey, now i am entered too!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
OneBlueC5
Instructor

Meetup and photoshoot across the Golden Gate with tons of Vettes!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:13 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Corvettes for Kids show...to benefit kids in general, with a focus on supporting (and proceeds) going to sick kids.

Car Show, play house for kids, etc. This would bring out entire families around Vettes, where most shows only have a bunch of dudes.

A cruise could follow perhaps.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM
iberico
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a picnic/bbq meet with fellow Vette owners at a quaint park in the East Bay where weather is perfect?

Then afterwards we can go on a safe, organized, and neighborhood friendly cruise and finish it all off at a select restaurant!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Swany00
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sacramento speedway, emigrant mormom gap run
Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 PM
hondawonderboy
Cruising

A great idea is the Santana Row Car Meet and Greet. Lots of high end cars located in the South Bay meet up here weekly. Also includes lots of corvettes!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
FlyUSAF2002
Advanced

I love the ideas for wounded warrior project - I'm active duty Air Force, that's a cause that I can really get behind. I'm new to the area, (just moved from Philadelphia) so I don't have lot of original ideas - but how about a trip into Napa valley for a tour of a winery and some tastings?

Get notified of new replies

To Fiske wheels thread for the NOR CAL Section

Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
lite blue
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Cruise up to the Lick Observatory. I've always wanted to get up there. I've heard the roads wind a little...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Irish2
1st Gear

Default ThunderHill!!!!

The Thunderhill schedule is lightening up a bit with the change in weather. I could probably negotiate a Hooked on Driving event there that used part of the entry fees to benefit Children's Hospital or another very worthy charity. Lots of kids and good-hearted programs out there need help.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:58 PM
dpclampitt@yahoo.com
Cruising

Default Fiske Wheel Giveaway

Stage an event or a Poker Run at Yosemite. Can't think of a better place to take a bunch of Corvettes. Just not during the dead of winter.

Quick Reply: Fiske wheels thread for the NOR CAL Section