Northern California Northern California

Stolen '07 vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stolen '07 vert

I came home Monday afternoon and noticed my garage door open. I remembered closing it before leaving for work in the morning. That's when I saw my '07 vert gone.

Stolen: 2007 Corvette convertible, 6-sp manual trans.
Color: Black ext, black int, black convertible top
Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
c5autoxracer
Racer

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson
I came home Monday afternoon and noticed my garage door open. I remembered closing it before leaving for work in the morning. That's when I saw my '07 vert gone.

Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138
How did they get it? Did someone have a spare key? The vehicle is transponder car ony right????
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have Onstar? Maybe they could locate it.

I hope it is found untouched.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Rocket-J
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. That sucks. Was the ejection seat armed for theft control?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
choivette
Burning Brakes

Ken,
Its your neighbor down the street. There's been some bad chit happening around here the guy right behind you is a cop. How did they get the car out of your garage or did they drive it?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Ken, I did spread the word. Hope you will get it back.

Last edited by andy82; 05-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by choivette
Ken,
Its your neighbor down the street. There's been some bad chit happening around here the guy right behind you is a cop. How did they get the car out of your garage or did they drive it?
He(they) broke a window in the back. Once inside it wasn't too hard to find my keys for the vett. The car doesn't have OnStar (that was an option I didn't want to pay for). On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).
Old 05-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Rocket-J
Pro

Was told a while back to hide my Vette keys in the house. I have been broke into. Have never lost a car. So sorry it happened to you. These A-Ho's nowadays get away with too much. And if you catch them and hurt them, you go to jail. It's the same as Horse theft to me. Where is the Wild West when we need it.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).
Hopefully that covered on your Homeowners policy.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by Sidney004
Hopefully that covered on your Homeowners policy.
Everything is insured but it's more than that - it's the whole experience. Not good.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
choivette
Burning Brakes

He(they) broke a window in the back. Once inside it wasn't too hard to find my keys for the vett. The car doesn't have OnStar (that was an option I didn't want to pay for). On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).
Hope they catch whoever did it. Lots of stuff going on in our neighborhood. At least no one got hurt. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Stop by next time you're driving down the street.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 AM
94Ad Blue
Instructor

Terrible.... hope you get her back.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

Best of luck getting your car back
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by c5autoxracer
How did they get it? Did someone have a spare key? The vehicle is transponder car ony right????
No, they didn't have a spare key. I had both keys. They found the keys while ransacking the place. My thinking is that they knew my habits as my neighbor was hit several months ago while they were out walking just before dark. The wife walked into the house just as they were leaving by another door. When she heard about my encounter she had a panic attack.

I got the impression from the two uniformed officers that showed up that they don't have a clue as to what's going on in the city and are not going to be "beating the bush" to catch the purp's; what with the cut backs in man-power and talks about cutting their (tax payer funded) pensions.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Hope they catch the people and get your items back. I've had two cars stolen and it's not a fun experience. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
mike925
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138
I'll be out in San Jose today. I'll write down the License and keep my eyes open for a Black Vert with those wheels. Best of luck.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
FastGhost
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Hope they catch the people and get your items back. I've had two cars stolen and it's not a fun experience. Good luck.
You have one up on me Larry. I had one stolen down in SD area and it was never found, maybe it went across the board..

Get notified of new replies

To Stolen '07 vert

Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
c5autoxracer
Racer

No, they didn't have a spare key. I had both keys. They found the keys while ransacking the place. My thinking is that they knew my habits as my neighbor was hit several months ago while they were out walking just before dark. The wife walked into the house just as they were leaving by another door. When she heard about my encounter she had a panic attack.

I got the impression from the two uniformed officers that showed up that they don't have a clue as to what's going on in the city and are not going to be "beating the bush" to catch the purp's; what with the cut backs in man-power and talks about cutting their (tax payer funded) pensions.
you are right they probabley wont be sending out troops to locate the vehicle. Hopefully CHP that has a 10851 task force will pick up the case and they do go looking plus they have a platte scanner that reads plates as they drive on some of there vehicles so if they pass your car and its in the system it will hit. I realy hope you get the car back and your camera stuff. I am glad to hear you and your family are safe and no one was hurt. Ill keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by c5autoxracer
you are right they probabley wont be sending out troops to locate the vehicle. Hopefully CHP that has a 10851 task force will pick up the case and they do go looking plus they have a Platte scanner that reads plates as they drive on some of there vehicles so if they pass your car and its in the system it will hit. I relay hope you get the car back and your camera stuff. I am glad to hear you and your family are safe and no one was hurt. Ill keep you in my prayers.
The SJPD had a system like that but I was told by the officers that it's no longer working - the company running the server went bankrupt and the city doesn't have the money to get it going again. You would think a system like that it would help the city reduce auto theft.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

yeah once they kick up to the auto theft guys its outta their hands unless someone sees it while out on patrol.

The plate scanners work great sucks they allowed it to go away

Quick Reply: Stolen '07 vert