Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Great pics. Thanks for posting...

Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Great pics, anyone see the photos from the heli?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:54 AM
ctaylor1432
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 4me
Great job with the camera
Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

I love the pics from above! Thanks again
Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics and overhead shots!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Love the overhead shots. That's the only kind of pictures I want the sherriff to take of Corvettes...

Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Well, as we came into Point Reyes one of my cars started buzzing that it had a flat tire. We pulled over and tried to add air....

Upon further inspection we found a tear in the inside sidewall. It appears that a bad spot on the road where there is an elevation change managed to bite the tire. The Pilot Sport A/S ZP tire is rated for 50 miles on a flat. We limped back through Petaluma to America's Tire in Santa Rosa (43 miles)...

Upon arrival at America's Tire, the 43 miles was about all the tire could handle...

They pulled the tire...

I cringed a little when I saw the back side of the tire...

I asked the manager if he had my tires in stock so I could buy two new ones - nope, can't get them until Monday. When I told him I lived in San Jose, he said, "We'll set you up with a tire that you can get home on, and you can buy the tires in San Jose". I told him if they had a used tire that would be great. He said they would have something even if they had to use a brand new tire. When I protested that they wouldn't be able to sell it, he said, "We don't think like that. We just want you to get home safely". Where else can you get service like that?

It turned out they had a used tire. Total price out the door including mounting and balancing? ZERO - NADA - ZIP - NOTHING.

We were able to make it up to Georgio's for a couple beers before the caravan arrived. Thanks guys.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Some of the pics I took...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34UjCEpnOE4

Last edited by ptroxx; 04-16-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 AM
C5 4me
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Nice pics
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM
DDuke
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics! Here are a few we took. Enjoy:
Dublin Hooters meeting place:

Sunvalley Mall:

Sir Francis Drake Blvd (we followed the printed directions and turned left toward Nicasio!):

At Portuguese Beach:

We all then continued up Hwy 1 to 116 thru Guerneville. Printed directions said to remain on River Road to 101, but someone on the radio insisted we all turn right on 116! Was there a change during the run?

Had a great time. Met a few new people. Love these kinds of activities.

Paul (& Margaret)

Last edited by DDuke; 04-16-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Originally Posted by DDuke

Sunvalley Mall:

Sir Francis Drake Blvd (we followed the printed directions and turned left toward Nicasio!):

At Portuguese Beach:

We all then continued up Hwy 1 to 116 thru Guerneville. Printed directions said to remain on River Road to 101, but someone on the radio insisted we all turn right on 116! Was there a change during the run?

Paul (& Margaret)
I think you may have been following a few people that were heading home.
Sorry for the confusion. I'll for sure have a better map for next year.

Thanks again to al that showed up and made this a very safe and fun trip.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Racechick
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by doje
I asked the manager if he had my tires in stock so I could buy two new ones - nope, can't get them until Monday. When I told him I lived in San Jose, he said, "We'll set you up with a tire that you can get home on, and you can buy the tires in San Jose". I told him if they had a used tire that would be great. He said they would have something even if they had to use a brand new tire. When I protested that they wouldn't be able to sell it, he said, "We don't think like that. We just want you to get home safely". Where else can you get service like that?

It turned out they had a used tire. Total price out the door including mounting and balancing? ZERO - NADA - ZIP - NOTHING.

We were able to make it up to Georgio's for a couple beers before the caravan arrived. Thanks guys.
Nice! Glad you guys made it back!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6Z Chick
Nice! Glad you guys made it back!
Missed you. Rich didn't have any fun without you...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Awesome pics! Great Run! Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Originally Posted by DDuke

Sunvalley Mall:

At Portuguese Beach:

Paul (& Margaret)
There was no change in the run.. I think what happened is you got behind a car that wasnt going to dinner and cut off at the 116 south ..Sorry for any confusion.. Ill make sure to have a better map fo everyone next year..
Was a little my fault I waited to the last few days to do the maps and I Was having trouble with my computer, and my eyes.. I need reading glasses and my eyes and head was killing me the last few days before the run so I went with what I had.. Sorry. wont happen again..
Old 04-17-2012, 02:29 PM
FastGhost
Burning Brakes

Well, as we came into Point Reyes one of my cars started buzzing that it had a flat tire. We pulled over and tried to add air....

Upon further inspection we found a tear in the inside sidewall. It appears that a bad spot on the road where there is an elevation change managed to bite the tire. The Pilot Sport A/S ZP tire is rated for 50 miles on a flat. We limped back through Petaluma to America's Tire in Santa Rosa (43 miles)...

Upon arrival at America's Tire, the 43 miles was about all the tire could handle...

They pulled the tire...

Oh boy ....Silver Corvettes...BTW I have a Silver Corvette also....
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
FastGhost
Burning Brakes

Default Reimburstment for tire..

They pulled the tire...

Dave...check the county for a claim for being reimbursted for the cost of the tire...it was their road hazard that caused your tire to be ruined..
Just a thought...

Get notified of new replies

To Rainbow run the pics

Quick Reply: Rainbow run the pics