Northern California Northern California

Paint and body shop recommendation for south bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 AM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Paint and body shop recommendation for south bay area?

Anyone have recommendations for a paint n body shop in the SJ South Bay Area? Got rear ended a few hours ago and I'm in need of a great shop to get me squared away

Thanks in advanced
Old 12-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Redneck Slim
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If you venture as far north as Palo Alto,Cavallino does great repair and custom work.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Repost...

My suggestion is Active Auto Body in Sunnyvale. Talk to the owner, Shawn. When I bought my '04 Vette, a big gash mysteriously appeared in the rocker panel about two weeks after I picked up the car. My wife swears she doesn't know what happened. We took it to Shawn and he repainted the rocker panel. It came out looking like new. Blend was perfect. My wife and I went to pick it up and while I am standing there talking to Shawn, my wife leaves in the car.... well, almost. She turned too tight and hit a curb in the EXACT SAME SPOT that was just painted. Sean looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it. I'll repaint it for free." Now THAT is service.

He also painted my hardtop, the striping on Keith Mendia's trailer (search mendia in the norcal section), and the bad@$$ stripes on andy82's C6Z. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've referred about a dozen people to him and EVERYONE has been absolutely thrilled with his work.

Tell Shawn that David Wilson sent you, and check out their reputation...

http://local.yahoo.com/info-21325008...body-sunnyvale
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM
jasonn5
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default paint shop

Custom Paint Finish in Santa Clara. Stuart Keith is the best in color matching and body work. All my cars have been done by him including my vintage muscle cars. My Brother-in-laws 32 Ford was just finished by him. My sister-in-laws 07 Vette is there right now because of some idiot pulling away from a parking spot without looking.
1849 Grant Street, Santa Clara. 408-727-1817... Mike
Old 12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Kamiczo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dell Auto Body in Campbell.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I 100% agree with this recommendation. They painted my stripes and color sanded my LMB, 100% satisfaction. My car will go there again in a few days for some minor mods ;-)

Originally Posted by doje
My suggestion is Active Auto Body in Sunnyvale. Talk to the owner, Shawn. When I bought my '04 Vette, a big gash mysteriously appeared in the rocker panel about two weeks after I picked up the car. My wife swears she doesn't know what happened. We took it to Shawn and he repainted the rocker panel. It came out looking like new. Blend was perfect. My wife and I went to pick it up and while I am standing there talking to Shawn, my wife leaves in the car.... well, almost. She turned too tight and hit a curb in the EXACT SAME SPOT that was just painted. Sean looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it. I'll repaint it for free." Now THAT is service.

He also painted my hardtop, the striping on Keith Mendia's trailer (search mendia in the norcal section), and the bad@$$ stripes on andy82's C6Z. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've referred about a dozen people to him and EVERYONE has been absolutely thrilled with his work.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Right on... I'll be making phone calls at lunch.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Originally Posted by doje

I had my '92 there about 2 years ago after it was hit in the right front. They did a PERFECT job of repairing and matching the then 16 year old Dark Metallic Red paint with its subtle gold metal flake under tone.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I'll give a for Active Auto Body as well. They did some initial test work for a customization on my '01 that I'm very happy with. I really need to sort my schedule out so I can get my whole car in there to get my TS front and the rest of the customization taken care of!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by gr86ss
Right on... I'll be making phone calls at lunch.
Have I seen your car at Active Auto Body today around lunch time?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM
C2Dan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=doje;1579442970]My suggestion is Active Auto Body in SsHunnyvale. Talk to the owner, Shawn
Shawn and his people ave done ggreat work on my'65

Last edited by C2Dan; 12-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:43 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Originally Posted by andy82
Have I seen your car at Active Auto Body today around lunch time?
Yes, I was there at lunch on Tuesday. I was speaking with Eduardo
Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
gr86ss
Drifting

Thanks to all. I interviewed several shops in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area, and I've scheduled to drop off my Vette after the Holidays with Active Auto Body in Sunnyvale. I was going to drop it off this week, but they will shutdown next week, so I decided to keep the vette and drive it vs. a rental car over the Holidays (Daily Driver).

I will post back after I get the damage fixed by Active Auto Body
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Finally got the car back. I have to say that Shawn and his team are a pleasure to work with. They did an excellent job on everything, and even did some extra work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! thanks for those of you that recommended him in the first place

Iphone pix for now. I get some real pix up soon

Get notified of new replies

To Paint and body shop recommendation for south bay area?

Quick Reply: Paint and body shop recommendation for south bay area?