Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Yaterstang
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help abolish C.A.R.B.!

http://thehive.modbee.com/node/23834

http://coalitionofenergyusers.org/ab...-the-petition/

I'm guessing vette owners hate CARB as much as everybody else does. Please help support the cause and pass along!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:06 AM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

C.A.R.B. IS NOT ABOUT CLEAN AIR IT IS ABOUT MONEY
Old 08-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lived in Los Angeles in the late 60's when C.A.R.B. wasnt born yet. The air was horrible. CARB may have its bad points and money hungry but the air got cleaned up because of strict carb laws. Abolish CARB and industries will go right back to their evil polluting. Its not only cars CARB covers but all industries as well. My Vette passes inspection legally every other year even with 750 rwhp.
Fu** the petition.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Yaterstang
Navigator

Originally Posted by Z06supercharged
I lived in Los Angeles in the late 60's when C.A.R.B. wasnt born yet. The air was horrible. CARB may have its bad points and money hungry but the air got cleaned up because of strict carb laws. Abolish CARB and industries will go right back to their evil polluting. Its not only cars CARB covers but all industries as well. My Vette passes inspection legally every other year even with 750 rwhp.
Fu** the petition.
You must be some sort of hipster....

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is an unelected and unaccountable bureaucracy that will impose
unprecedented limits on our economy and our freedoms if not stopped

Government intrusion
Taxes on vehicles CARB does not approve of
CARB plans to institute “feebates” (taxes) on vehicles they
deem to cause global warming. Trucks, minivans, SUV’s,
and sports cars are likely to be targeted.

Imprisonment for not inflating your tires
CARB proposed regulations requiring that your car tire
pressure be checked to make sure they are at a statemandate
pressure. Before this proposal was withdrawn,
CARB’s proposed punishment for noncompliance was a
$1000 fine and 6 months imprisonment.

Government control of your thermostat
CARB has enacted regulations that will put programmable
thermostats into every new home and into the homes of
those who choose to replace their furnace.

Bureaucratic tyranny
Small fruit and vegetable wholesaler charged massive fine for not filling out a form
Family-run Nor-Cal produce in West Sacramento did nothing but fail to file a report with CARB. The business was
socked with $43,400 in penalties. CARB eventually reduced the penalty to $32,550 because of the business’s
“cooperative actions.”
Banning dissent
CARB recently released a proposal threatening to punish anyone who gave testimony with which the Board
disagreed. The proposal was quickly withdrawn amid unfavorable media coverage.

Waste, fraud and abuse
“Dr.” Hien Tran fraud
CARB commissioned a study outlining new diesel regulations that are now devastating California’s trucking
industry. The author of the study, “Dr.” Hien Tran was later found to have mail ordered his PhD from a
“university” that listed a UPS store as its address. CARB responded by neither firing Tran nor backing away from
the study – even though key details of the study have now been found by CARB itself to be incorrect.
$30 million unaccounted for
CARB used a $57 million legislative appropriation to adopt regulations rationing greenhouse gas emissions, but is
unwilling to account for how these funds have been used. A bill was introduced to find out how $30 million in
unaccounted for funds were spent, but it was defeated by CARB’s political allies.
Nearly 1200 high paid bureaucrats
CARB has 1176 employees, and the average salary is over $85,000 a year. While teachers are being laid off and
nearly all agencies face cuts, CARB has added hundreds of new employees.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Fu** the petition.

Although I wish some of the vehicle emissions were less restrictive concerning aftermarket parts while still being able to pass the sniffer numbers.

I work for a company that measured air pollution in the very early 70's and am familiar with the smog laden LA valley. Especially when the Santa Anna's blew, very dramatic indeed.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOUT X
C.A.R.B. IS NOT ABOUT CLEAN AIR IT IS ABOUT MONEY
And that's why it's here to stay.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Agreed on the big government problem too.

It is just the way our system functions.

Wish it was not this way but just look at how the National debit was handled.

I understand both sides in this it is a good thing that our air quality has improved.

Now to tackle the other problem with some common sense....ya right, good luck,right!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What? No mention of the MTBE debacle. CARB mandated MTBE in gas (at very high cost to gas companies and consumers), then discovered it was getting into the water (of course it will kill you), so they mandated taking it out, again at a very high cost to everyone.

Yea, they do a lot of good. NOT !!!

Dog
Old 08-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaterstang
Then I guess I'm "some sort of hipster", too (whatever the F that means.) Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them either "the enemy" or worthy of name calling and pigeon-hole classification.

I also grew up in Los Angeles in the 50's and 60's and it was *awful*. It's been greatly improved - cleaned up because the people of California wanted it fixed.

Am I happy about all the things the CARB does. Nope. But, on balance they have done far more good for California than not.

So bay at the moon all you want but it's not going away.

Z//
Old 08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm all for protecting the world we live in. C.A.R.B. does nothing for that. Don't be fooled. They are just stealing our tax dollars. You ought to see what they do to truckers.

http://www.killcarb.org/
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm fine with what most states do with the plug in testing, but there really is no need for the restriction on aftermarket stuff anymore with how clean new cars made to be. The "green" crap isn't going away so I doubt any restrictions on the new cars being built would be lifted if carb wasn't around, which correct me if I'm wrong (I wasn't alive back then) was the problem with pollution back in the 60's-70's.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
jcb5565
Burning Brakes

C.A.R.B. has misused there power and us of tax payers money. Common sense has been nonexistent. We have allowed the C.A.R.B. to mandate programs that cause extreme hardships on the everyday small businesses. Many aftermarket companies have products that will in most cases improve air quality or meet today's standards. The process to get there product OK-ed in the California market is financially impossible. I suggest a balance board that has an equal balance of business and qualified professionals.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

CARB laws are like gun laws - made by people who have no understanding of how things really work.

CARB like the rest of the local, state and federal goverment needs a complete overhaul.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Fu** the petition.
Z06supercharged put down the coolaid they are giving you with a car like you have is proof that what we do to our cars is beeter for the air then just stock

Originally Posted by Yaterstang

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is an unelected and unaccountable bureaucracy that will impose
unprecedented limits on our economy and our freedoms if not stopped

Government intrusion
Taxes on vehicles CARB does not approve of
CARB plans to institute “feebates” (taxes) on vehicles they
deem to cause global warming. Trucks, minivans, SUV’s,
and sports cars are likely to be targeted.

Imprisonment for not inflating your tires
CARB proposed regulations requiring that your car tire
pressure be checked to make sure they are at a statemandate
pressure. Before this proposal was withdrawn,
CARB’s proposed punishment for noncompliance was a
$1000 fine and 6 months imprisonment.

Government control of your thermostat
CARB has enacted regulations that will put programmable
thermostats into every new home and into the homes of
those who choose to replace their furnace.

Bureaucratic tyranny
Small fruit and vegetable wholesaler charged massive fine for not filling out a form
Family-run Nor-Cal produce in West Sacramento did nothing but fail to file a report with CARB. The business was
socked with $43,400 in penalties. CARB eventually reduced the penalty to $32,550 because of the business’s
“cooperative actions.”
Banning dissent
CARB recently released a proposal threatening to punish anyone who gave testimony with which the Board
disagreed. The proposal was quickly withdrawn amid unfavorable media coverage.

Waste, fraud and abuse
“Dr.” Hien Tran fraud
CARB commissioned a study outlining new diesel regulations that are now devastating California’s trucking
industry. The author of the study, “Dr.” Hien Tran was later found to have mail ordered his PhD from a
“university” that listed a UPS store as its address. CARB responded by neither firing Tran nor backing away from
the study – even though key details of the study have now been found by CARB itself to be incorrect.
$30 million unaccounted for
CARB used a $57 million legislative appropriation to adopt regulations rationing greenhouse gas emissions, but is
unwilling to account for how these funds have been used. A bill was introduced to find out how $30 million in
unaccounted for funds were spent, but it was defeated by CARB’s political allies.
Nearly 1200 high paid bureaucrats
CARB has 1176 employees, and the average salary is over $85,000 a year. While teachers are being laid off and
nearly all agencies face cuts, CARB has added hundreds of new employees.
Its okay Yaterstang those that really see what is going will sign

Originally Posted by meldog21
What? No mention of the MTBE debacle. CARB mandated MTBE in gas (at very high cost to gas companies and consumers), then discovered it was getting into the water (of course it will kill you), so they mandated taking it out, again at a very high cost to everyone.

Yea, they do a lot of good. NOT !!!

Dog
Spot on Meldog21 that was a big F=+- up

Originally Posted by trackboss
I'm all for protecting the world we live in. C.A.R.B. does nothing for that. Don't be fooled. They are just stealing our tax dollars. You ought to see what they do to truckers.

http://www.killcarb.org/
Amen TrackBoss

Originally Posted by jcb5565
C.A.R.B. has misused there power and us of tax payers money. Common sense has been nonexistent. We have allowed the C.A.R.B. to mandate programs that cause extreme hardships on the everyday small businesses. Many aftermarket companies have products that will in most cases improve air quality or meet today's standards. The process to get there product OK-ed in the California market is financially impossible. I suggest a balance board that has an equal balance of business and qualified professionals.
jcb5565 well put Jim

Originally Posted by mcm95403
CARB laws are like gun laws - made by people who have no understanding of how things really work.

CARB like the rest of the local, state and federal goverment needs a complete overhaul.
OMG Someone hit The Hammer on the Nail DEAD ON

I have been around for sometime now and when my Dad and I built my first Motor it was a Chevy DZ 302 that we put in a 69 Z28 it needed to run on 100 Octane. I would say that it was a Gross Polluter but what has changed is that we as people have made great changes and Motors these days are way more Efficient. So my take on this is that a total overhaul of C.A.R.B. is needed to allow us to achieve the same Goal without killing free Market just my take on it.

Warren Buffet said in a interveiw awhile back said :

Midwestern oil tycoon Warren Buffett, Presented us with this quick and easy solution to America ’s debt problem today on CNBC:

“I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than three percent of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.

Pops
Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
c5autoxracer
Racer

Originally Posted by BOUT X
Z06supercharged put down the coolaid they are giving you with a car like you have is proof that what we do to our cars is beeter for the air then just stock

Its okay Yaterstang those that really see what is going will sign

Spot on Meldog21 that was a big F=+- up

Amen TrackBoss

jcb5565 well put Jim

OMG Someone hit The Hammer on the Nail DEAD ON

I have been around for sometime now and when my Dad and I built my first Motor it was a Chevy DZ 302 that we put in a 69 Z28 it needed to run on 100 Octane. I would say that it was a Gross Polluter but what has changed is that we as people have made great changes and Motors these days are way more Efficient. So my take on this is that a total overhaul of C.A.R.B. is needed to allow us to achieve the same Goal without killing free Market just my take on it.

Warren Buffet said in a interveiw awhile back said :

Midwestern oil tycoon Warren Buffett, Presented us with this quick and easy solution to America ’s debt problem today on CNBC:

“I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than three percent of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.

Pops

Ill sign it not getting into a big back and forth pissing contest. But I am signing!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

An internet petition of some sort?
This sounds like an AOL thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Help abolish C.A.R.B.!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 AM
AntsSilverC5
Racer

CARB is a bunch of baloney. Back when I had longtubes, my car burnt just as cleanly out the sniffer, and got 1-2 MPG BETTER than stock. Yet, somehow this is bad for the environment . I'm for clean air, but as long as your car burns cleanly out the tailpipe, it shouldn't matter what's under the hood.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 AM
c5autoxracer
Racer

Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5
CARB is a bunch of baloney. Back when I had longtubes, my car burnt just as cleanly out the sniffer, and got 1-2 MPG BETTER than stock. Yet, somehow this is bad for the environment . I'm for clean air, but as long as your car burns cleanly out the tailpipe, it shouldn't matter what's under the hood.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
0Paul Ruggeri
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Restricting or ending CARB does not mean ending emission laws. CARB and Cal EPA need some balance. There is a point where emission laws do little or nothing to clean the environment, but a lot to hurt business and raise cost. I own a repair shop and deal with this nonsense all the time.

Quick Reply: Help abolish C.A.R.B.!