Northern California Northern California

..::American Le Mans Series Monterey Cruise::..

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ..::American Le Mans Series Monterey Cruise::..

Hey Everyone,

I've been talking to some of the BMW, Porsche and Viper guys about doing a joint cruise down the coast to Leguna Seca for the 8th ALMS race of the season.....so I just wanted to start the talks here as well and see what everyone else was doing.

Has anyone else started putting something together yet? Or would you guys even be interested in something like this? I'm thinking maybe meeting up at like Santana Row or an alternate site....then having everyone head down to Monterey together? I thought Santana Row because all the Ferrari and Porsche guys meet there anyway....so it might be easier to organize and get everyone together from different car forums.

Anyway....let me know what you guys think. I'm not really a planner type, so if anyone is already planning something, or wants to take the reins....by all means do so. I just think it would be awesome to have a large caravan of cars heading down the coast all together. Especially if it's cars that are actually competing in the race! (Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, etc..)

Event: AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES MONTEREY PRESENTED BY PATRON
SEPTEMBER 16, 17, 18, 2011
TICKET & PACKAGE INFORMATION: http://mazdaraceway.com/pages/tix-ALMS_2011

A0811I3DAY-BCC 3-Day Admission & Paddock with Corvette Car Corral Pass - ALMS
CORVETTE ONLY CAR CORRAL PASS AND 3-DAY ADMISSION & PADDOCK TICKET. Vehicle will not be allowed into corral area unless it is a CORVETTE. You will be directed to general parking. Space is limited. Maximum 250 vehicles.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Rob04C5LM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to the races that weekend anyways, if someone's pulling this together, I'd have a couple cars interested in joining.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 PM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob04C5LM
I'm going to the races that weekend anyways, if someone's pulling this together, I'd have a couple cars interested in joining.
Well I've pretty much got the same response from several people. So I'm assuming no one else has started planning anything yet. I also posted this on a Facebook invite and NorCal Vettes.

Are you also going to participate in the Corvette corral event? And if so, do you know what day and time that takes place? I remember a few years back they allowed all the Vettes to cruise around the racetrack then park in a designated area. I'm not sure if they're doing the same this year...or if it's just a designated park area for vettes?

Anyway, that could impact the time we would all have to meet up and take off. Saturday mornings are pretty much the cars and coffee events at Santana Row, so it may be easiest to all meet up there and take off together?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Rob04C5LM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning on doing the Saturday events and debating whether or not to stay the night down there to hang out Sunday too. The Santana Row meet-up sounds like a good idea.

I will do the Corvette corral. I remember the Corvette only parade laps (they've done different marks in different years). This year it looks like they're doing it for anyone that wants to pay $50. I've driven the track at speed before so it makes me insane to pay $50 to drive around at 40mph.

It's still 5 months away, so I suspect people's interest and the planning will get to be more as we get closer.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 PM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob04C5LM
I'm planning on doing the Saturday events and debating whether or not to stay the night down there to hang out Sunday too. The Santana Row meet-up sounds like a good idea.

I will do the Corvette corral. I remember the Corvette only parade laps (they've done different marks in different years). This year it looks like they're doing it for anyone that wants to pay $50. I've driven the track at speed before so it makes me insane to pay $50 to drive around at 40mph.

It's still 5 months away, so I suspect people's interest and the planning will get to be more as we get closer.
Yeah I agree, I've told my buddies in the Porsche and BMW clubs to spread the word as well. Both groups have had a handful of people commit, but because it's a good 5 months out.....I think interest will go up the closer we get.

So the corral is just going to be a parking section for the Vettes then right? Nothing else? I just need to try and figure out what time we would have to leave the South bay to get to Monterey in time.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Count me in!
Keep me posted!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 AM
KFehling
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Count me in too. Can you get in to the Corvette Corral without buying the three day pass? I was planning on only attending the race on Saturday.

Kurt

Last edited by KFehling; 05-11-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:33 PM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KFehling
Count me in too. Can you get in to the Corvette Corral without buying the three day pass? I was planning on only attending the race on Saturday.

Kurt
I'm not sure....I think it's a package? But that's all I wanted to get also. Would probably have to call them to confirm.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:02 AM
TapOut
Burning Brakes

BUMP....as we are only a couple months away.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:13 AM
KFehling
Instructor

Bump

Plus, are corral tickets still available? I didn't see them on the website. I will call Monday to see for sure and post what I find.

Kurt
Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Kurt
Does anybody have the answer to this? I have free tix for Sunday but won't use them unless I can sneak into the corral.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 PM
KFehling
Instructor

You have to buy the three day pass to get the Corvette Corral. i just bought mine.

any idea on what time we should meet for our cruise?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

You have to buy the three day pass to get the Corvette Corral. i just bought mine.

any idea on what time we should meet for our cruise?
Thanks, that's good info so I won't be making the trip. For anybody who might want my free tix- sorry, they're already spoken for.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Dave Sweatt
Racer

There's never been a corral on Sunday anyway as long as I can remember. Can't figure why, but it IS hosted by a club so they need their time too. But the VIP 'Green Pass' should be either cheap or non-needed on Sunday. Some good racing, but really low attendance. Sundays I just drive wherever I want to and nobody has ever questioned me even with the pass off the car.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
BACNBLK
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

It should be a great weekend, looking forward to seeing the Corvettes Racing again!
Cheers!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Z06LUST
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Great time coming up. A little secret--hit Laguana Seca early--Thursday afternoon/evening (bewitching hour in Sacramento is 12 noon-on the road). Entry into the track is not an issue...very quiet--great to watch the garages getting going..practive laps out on the track. No one around the Team trailers while they work on the cars--photogs can go nuts up on the corkscrew without any competition for best spot along the fence line.

See ya all there Thurday afternoon, or Friday morning as the case may be!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
fleadh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
Great time coming up. A little secret--hit Laguana Seca early--Thursday afternoon/evening (bewitching hour in Sacramento is 12 noon-on the road). Entry into the track is not an issue...very quiet--great to watch the garages getting going..practive laps out on the track. No one around the Team trailers while they work on the cars--photogs can go nuts up on the corkscrew without any competition for best spot along the fence line.

See ya all there Thurday afternoon, or Friday morning as the case may be!
Good advice! I'll be there Thursday-Sun running in the GT3 Challenge races (black #64 with fubar on the side), stop by and say hi if you see me! I'll also be driving down in the ZR1.. not sure if I'm staying down there each night or coming back home yet.

-mike
Old 09-16-2011, 01:39 AM
KFehling
Instructor

Default Anybody want to cruise down?

So does anybody want to meet at Santana Row (or other designated spot) and cruise down Saturday morning? I am game if there is interest.

Kurt

Get notified of new replies

To ..::American Le Mans Series Monterey Cruise::..

Quick Reply: ..::American Le Mans Series Monterey Cruise::..