Northern California Northern California

Moving "down under" Bye Bye Vette!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:07 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving "down under" Bye Bye Vette!

So the Wife gets a big promotion at work with a oversea's assignment to Perth, Australia! Looks like Two years or more. So sad to say all the cars in the stable are up for grabs, including the Vette.Below is a link to the craigslist ad posted yesterday. If interested or might know somebody who is, please post up or PM me.

Gonna miss all my CF friends while were gone,what am I going to do with car shows,rainbow runs and autocrosses? May have to take up surfing! And if anyone needs a second opinion on my car, just ask Richie (Rich) Wilhoff of Able Chevrolet, he can clue you in to the care this car has recieved.Thanks again Rich and all the gang (John,Nick,Mike) at Able for all your help over the years!

Keith

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2196223796.html.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 1UPONYA
So the Wife gets a big promotion at work with a oversea's assignment to Perth, Australia! Looks like Two years or more. So sad to say all the cars in the stable are up for grabs, including the Vette.Below is a link to the craigslist ad posted yesterday. If interested or might know somebody who is, please post up or PM me.

Gonna miss all my CF friends while were gone,what am I going to do with car shows,rainbow runs and autocrosses? May have to take up surfing! And if anyone needs a second opinion on my car, just ask Richie (Rich) Wilhoff of Able Chevrolet, he can clue you in to the care this car has recieved.Thanks again Rich and all the gang (John,Nick,Mike) at Able for all your help over the years!

Keith

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2196223796.html.

WOW, Keith I am shocked to hear you're leaving. I will certainly miss you buddy. Thanks for all the kind words, referrals and fun times at the auto x in the last few years. Your car is one of the cleanest C5's on the planet!

On the bright side, GM makes some pretty damn cool vehicles down under. The new Holden Ute comes with an LS7

Old 02-05-2011, 01:46 AM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought I'd seen your car before. You live on the same street as my brother and his family. I have the silver c5z that's been in the neighborhood a time or two.

Good luck with the sale - and in Aussie land
Old 02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
WOW, Keith I am shocked to hear you're leaving. I will certainly miss you buddy. Thanks for all the kind words, referrals and fun times at the auto x in the last few years. Your car is one of the cleanest C5's on the planet!

On the bright side, GM makes some pretty damn cool vehicles down under. The new Holden Ute comes with an LS7

Rich,

Yes, Go to www.hsv.com.au got my eye on the GTS!Have the need for four doors with the kids and all. Takes our old G8 GTP to a whole new level. LS3, magnetic suspension,competion mode,sound like some features found on our favortire sports car?

Keith
Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Thread title caught me eye.....
Perth is an awesome city. Very nice climate! My husband is from there.....we'll be moving back there in a couple years.
There are a couple of corvette clubs there if you want to keep in the loop.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
SLAMMER 2
Racer

I was surprised by your text saying your moving down under. Sorry to see you leave. I have enjoyed spending time with you at many of the corvette events as well as the many Baja events we have attended.
We will all miss your shy and quiet mannerisms. The new move sounds like a great adventure. Send a quick note when you get settled in how things are.
Best of luck to you and your family!
Tim
Old 02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Good luck and your going to love it there.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by tlove32
I thought I'd seen your car before. You live on the same street as my brother and his family. I have the silver c5z that's been in the neighborhood a time or two.

Good luck with the sale - and in Aussie land
So what street does your Bro live on?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLAMMER 2
I was surprised by your text saying your moving down under. Sorry to see you leave. I have enjoyed spending time with you at many of the corvette events as well as the many Baja events we have attended.
We will all miss your shy and quiet mannerisms. The new move sounds like a great adventure. Send a quick note when you get settled in how things are.
Best of luck to you and your family!
Tim
Tim,

Was not sure you got my text. Thanks for the kind words. And yes, I will continue to stay in touch with everyone via the forum,facebook and e-mail.

You still "commuting" between here and Arizona?Maybe we will all have time for one more run somewhere, allthough I will probably be a passenger in someone else's Vette.

Keith
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

So what street does your Bro live on?
Sorrel..... I think thats the name of the street
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Sorrel..... I think thats the name of the street
HHHUUMMM, Does not sound like a street around my sub-division? Maybe 'Laurel"? I just don't remember ever seeing your silver C5 Z06 around. Does your Brother live in a small court of a main street that if you blink you would miss it? Houses onj the court on only one side?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Rich,

Yes, Go to www.hsv.com.au got my eye on the GTS!Have the need for four doors with the kids and all. Takes our old G8 GTP to a whole new level. LS3, magnetic suspension,competion mode,sound like some features found on our favortire sports car?

Keith
Craigslist flagged my ad. Whats up with that? Here is the NEW link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2201792309.html.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Keith....

Even though I saw you only every few weeks at the local GTG you are gonna be missed...
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by briann510
Hey Keith....

Even though I saw you only every few weeks at the local GTG you are gonna be missed...
Brian,

Thanks man! Yes, I will miss all your great stories from the past to the present. Plan on attending a few of the GTG's before I go, but once again, will probably show up in my daily driver.

Looks like we will be changing venues again when we start back up this year in March. We will keep ya posted!

Keith
Old 02-08-2011, 11:15 AM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Thread title caught me eye.....
Perth is an awesome city. Very nice climate! My husband is from there.....we'll be moving back there in a couple years.
There are a couple of corvette clubs there if you want to keep in the loop.
Thanks,

And would love to hear more from ya' all about Perth sometime! PM If you get a chance sometime. Would love to pick your brain about nice suburbs to live in around central Perth.

Also, what is the transition like to driving on the left side of the road while sitting in the right seat?

Keith
Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

HHHUUMMM, Does not sound like a street around my sub-division? Maybe 'Laurel"? I just don't remember ever seeing your silver C5 Z06 around. Does your Brother live in a small court of a main street that if you blink you would miss it? Houses onj the court on only one side?

It's a small court off - I'm not sure of the surrounding streets. There is a yellow C5 vert 2 houses down from him that looks just like yours. My apologies if I have yours mistaken for that car - you have a twin in Oakley
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
SLAMMER 2
Racer

Tim,

Was not sure you got my text. Thanks for the kind words. And yes, I will continue to stay in touch with everyone via the forum,facebook and e-mail.

You still "commuting" between here and Arizona?Maybe we will all have time for one more run somewhere, allthough I will probably be a passenger in someone else's Vette.

Keith
You and the Spammers are the only people who text me. I guess I'm old school. Yep, I just got back today for AZ. Hope to see you before you leave at an event. Your always welcome to ride along in my car

Get notified of new replies

To Moving "down under" Bye Bye Vette!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

It's a small court off - I'm not sure of the surrounding streets. There is a yellow C5 vert 2 houses down from him that looks just like yours. My apologies if I have yours mistaken for that car - you have a twin in Oakley
Yeah,

That is diffenitly not me! If it is the court across the street from my back yard, there is a guy with gray hair probably in his 60's that drives a mil yellow coupe.If your Bro lives elsewhere in OAKLEY, then there may be a mil yellow Vert on his court but I gurantee it is not equipted with lt oak tan interior and top! Boy, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me up at night!

Anyhow, PM next time your driving though town in your Z! Crack open a few Fosters since I am training to keep up with the Aussie's and will talk Vettes and throw in a little B.S.

Keith
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
1UPONYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLAMMER 2
You and the Spammers are the only people who text me. I guess I'm old school. Yep, I just got back today for AZ. Hope to see you before you leave at an event. Your always welcome to ride along in my car
Tim,

Welcome home.BTW, how is the N06 running these days? Get a smart phone with a data plan Bro! LOL. Anyway, will take you up on the offer to ride shotgun.Will keep you informed on my departure date!

Keith
Old 04-01-2011, 11:19 PM
4DCYKEY
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keith, good to meet you tonight at the Car Show in Concord. I'm the guy with the grey G8GT... Herb

Quick Reply: Moving "down under" Bye Bye Vette!