Northern California Northern California

Corvette check out in San Jose area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
JustMatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette check out in San Jose area?

Hi all -

I am closing in on my first Corvette, a 2 owner M6 2001 navy blue convertible w/oak interior and top with 49K miles on it. It has new tires on the chrome rims and the HUD, telescoping wheel... etc... package and I am pretty sure we locked in at 17K$ for it pend a checkout. At least that is what I am willing to pay for it at this point.

Does anyone know of a reputible place to take the car in the San Jose CA area for a really good checkout?

Also, the seats are dirty and aside from a cleaning, I was wondering if anyone knew of replacement seat "covers" that I could look into if I wanted to (or felt the need to) go this route?

Thanks in advance! - Matt
Old 04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
mel3535
Burning Brakes

Custom Wet Okole Seat Covers, got mine from this site

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A1484A0A0.aspx

i like the way mine look

Old 04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
C2Dan
Racer

Originally Posted by JustMatt
Does anyone know of a reputible place to take the car in the San Jose CA area for a really good checkout?
I recommend David Bonar at North Star Corvettes in Mountain View (650.969.3134) for a thorough check-out. It will take some time and $, but it would be money well spent. I wish he had seen my car before I bought it rather than after.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 AM
jhong321
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JustMatt
Hi all -

I am closing in on my first Corvette, a 2 owner M6 2001 navy blue convertible w/oak interior and top with 49K miles on it. It has new tires on the chrome rims and the HUD, telescoping wheel... etc... package and I am pretty sure we locked in at 17K$ for it pend a checkout. At least that is what I am willing to pay for it at this point.

Also, the seats are dirty and aside from a cleaning, I was wondering if anyone knew of replacement seat "covers" that I could look into if I wanted to (or felt the need to) go this route?

Thanks in advance! - Matt
Hi Matt and welcome to corvette forum. You should check out TPS in Campbell they specialize in corvettes and are a supporting vender on this forum. plus they do great work and can help you on your future mods
Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by DAWS C5
No, Jeff. I've been using Dave for 10 years now. Would never use anyone else. It's just that a few people around here like to jump on any post about him. Poor losers at auto-x maybe
If you have a good relationship with the guy,great but from what Ive seen hes NOT the type of business owner I want,will do business with.Once again,you $hit on people it will come back on you.If your happy with the service this shop provides you thats all that matters.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Matt,

If your interested we would be happy to check out the car for you. We offer a detailed inspection with a Mobil 1 or AMSoil change for less than most places charge just for a oil change.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 PM
TOPGUN9
Drifting

Originally Posted by DAWS C5
No, Jeff. I've been using Dave for 10 years now. Would never use anyone else. It's just that a few people around here like to jump on any post about him. Poor losers at auto-x maybe
I couldn't agree more with Dawson. Dave did some extensive warranty work on my coupe years ago, and not only did he do a great job, but I got my black car back as clean as when I first brought it in.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette check out in San Jose area?

Quick Reply: Corvette check out in San Jose area?