Northern California Northern California

Another Local tuner in Northern CA. bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Wicked_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey_7106
didnt he go out of business at one point? i might be confusing him for another shop
He moved from yuba city to antelope... that was the only downtime he had.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Years ago all we had was MMS Motorsports and A&A Corvette in Los Angeles. I can't tell you how many times I had to take my car on a 700 mile round trip to get work done. With 3 tuners here locally... You guys don't know how good you have it now.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:57 AM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mickey_7106
didnt he go out of business at one point? i might be confusing him for another shop
He never went out of business, but the day they arrested him, I guess you could say he wasn't available for a consult. I believe it was so hot that day they were closed anyway. I happened to show up and Bill was there still working in the heat. But I have never seen that shop closed.

I've had work done at a few shops. One thing in common about them all was the staff in the background. Its hard for me to make negative comments, because in each shop I've been to there were guys in there really working hard to get the job done, sometimes in blistering heat. That goes for FFP, MSI, etc... The sad thing is if you ask any one of them on a given day, the will likely say the other shop sucks.
I do wish they would stop doing this. Each shop I have used shines in one way or the other. Just for the record, I want to say each time I've brought my car to MSI, those guys got the job done->RIGHT NOW. My last cam change by them was the SAME DAY.
My last full engine build, install, tune by FFP was 3 wks. Most of that was waiting on the engine guy. If I'm not mistaken, it only took him 2 days to complete the engine build, install, & put a break-in tune on it.

Keith made a stupid mistake w/the pot. I have spoken to him about this. I think he got caught up between Fed and Calif Law w/repect to the sale of MaryJane to a resaler. He got what he deserved, but it is my understanding he has learned from this mistake. He has not been convicted of this. As a tuner, he is talented. As a communicator, you could say he needs work. I have found him fair and reasonable to deal with.

Just want to say I respect everyone's opinion on this, but I do wish the tuners would have a cease fire for just a few months.

Quick Reply: Another Local tuner in Northern CA. bites the dust