Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Any Corvette meets in North Jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 08:33 AM
C3LT1
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any Corvette meets in North Jersey?

Are there any corvette meets in North Jersey?
I see a lot Corvette’s on the road but seems like people simply keep to themselves.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Same lack of response i got from my C&C posts.. Id like to get something going too. Just not enough interest.
Its disappointing really, The Porsche guys in my area do something all the time.
The forum has changed. Back 15 years ago I had 10-15 owners bring their cars to my house for a tuning session.
Seems like there was more enthusiasm for these types of things back then.

Last edited by Stewart's74; 10-05-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:46 AM
C3LT1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stewart's74
Same lack of response i got from my C&C posts.. Id like to get something going too. Just not enough interest.
Its disappointing really, The Porsche guys in my area do something all the time.
The forum has changed. Back 15 years ago I had 10-15 owners bring their cars to my house for a tuning session.
Seems like there was more enthusiasm for these types of things back then.

I went to the Nielsen car show yesterday on route 10 there were about 25 corvettes there so they are around. But they all kept to their selfs.
The following users liked this post:
Stewart's74 (10-07-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:50 AM
ocelen
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not create a facebook page for a drive/cruise? That s a good way to gather interest
Old 10-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Riverdog
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts

Depending where you are in North Jersey--because it could be a long ride for you--there's going to be the annual all-Corvette show at Smithville, NJ on Sunday Oct. 18 sponsored by the Original Garden State Corvette Club. It's a charity event they do every year in the Fall and it draws 300--give or take--Corvettes. (I don't know about this year with the COVID situation.) If I recall, Smithville is at Exit 59 on the GSP. Rain date is the following Sunday. There are a couple of restaurants and "country store-type" retailers, etc. It's a "bus ride" shopping destination, if you know what I mean. But it's a full day of Corvettes for sure. Parking can be tough for spectators who don't arrive early. Each time I've been to it has been a really good day, just being with "Corvette people" and seeing all the cars. (I imagine any C8's in attendance will steal the show this year.) Just check out the websites for the sponsoring club and Smithville, NJ for info and directions. It's right off the GSP so it's really easy to find.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:27 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

All the Corvette clubs in this area have cancelled EVERYTHING thru the end of this year, SUCKS
Old 10-09-2020, 07:46 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Pretty much 4 events a week this year. Lots of nice guys. Yesterday was a thursday run up around seven lakes and harriman state park. Then stop and eat. Etc..lots of fun.

here is the link. If your in North Jersey this is a good club https://www.allamericancorvetteclub.com/

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JerriVette; 10-09-2020 at 07:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stewart's74 (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 08:06 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Lots of informal AACC meets so come on by if you can. Tonight at 5 pm to dark. Its at the fireplace restaurant parking lot 718 route 17 north, paramus NJ..pretty much a corvette and coffee event. This just showed up in my email box so if your free come on by and meet a few guys. The fireplace will be serving food should be hungry in a drive through because of covid.

If its too short notice I totally get it. Check out the website contact the club and get togther when its more convenient.

There are a ton of these types of events ...then they have drives to different places...its a lot of fun.

I went to one of the scheduled club co oridinated events saturday...for a couple of hours. There was a band, food spiked coffee, tons of great people, ferraris, porsches, lambos corvettes, alfas all types of great cars.

the networking of various events with this AACC has been awesome this year.

i highly recommend checking this club out.

all different year corvettes...lots of c8 s, c7 s, c6 s, c5 s, c4 s, c3 s....i cant remember too many c2 s or c1 s on the runs though. Those are more show car pieces...

most important part...nice members in my opinion.

heres what I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.

The following 2 users liked this post by JerriVette:
Gugs_72 (04-18-2021), Stewart's74 (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 04:12 PM
C3LT1
Advanced

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Lots of informal AACC meets so come on by if you can. Tonight at 5 pm to dark. Its at the fireplace restaurant parking lot 718 route 17 north, paramus NJ..pretty much a corvette and coffee event. This just showed up in my email box so if your free come on by and meet a few guys. The fireplace will be serving food should be hungry in a drive through because of covid.

If its too short notice I totally get it. Check out the website contact the club and get togther when its more convenient.

There are a ton of these types of events ...then they have drives to different places...its a lot of fun.

I went to one of the scheduled club co oridinated events saturday...for a couple of hours. There was a band, food spiked coffee, tons of great people, ferraris, porsches, lambos corvettes, alfas all types of great cars.

the networking of various events with this AACC has been awesome this year.

i highly recommend checking this club out.

all different year corvettes...lots of c8 s, c7 s, c6 s, c5 s, c4 s, c3 s....i cant remember too many c2 s or c1 s on the runs though. Those are more show car pieces...

most important part...nice members in my opinion.

heres what I just picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Thats good to know. I’ll try to show up tonight.
Thank you for the head up.

Get notified of new replies

To Any Corvette meets in North Jersey?

Quick Reply: Any Corvette meets in North Jersey?