Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Thinking of Starting a Corvette Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Michael Raby
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Starting a Corvette Club

Does anyone know the ins and outs of creating a new corvette club? The ones in my area are a good distance from me and don't seem to have much going on. I would like to hear from someone who has taken on this task and lived to tell about it. I think I could get the interest and be successful if I do it right.

Mike
Old 05-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Redc8z06
Melting Slicks

Received 1,577 Likes on 864 Posts

I built an international Corvette club, now retired from it. But putting a local one together isn't hard, first you need club rules and these can be found and copied from just searching other clubs. Next is location where you are going to meet, some meet in local Chevy dealerships. Next is getting people to join. Once you have enough people deciding on who is going to do what. What kind of club? Social, shows, track focus, etc.....

How much time and effort really depends on what type of club you want to start and getting enough members.Unfortunately sooner or later politics can play a role and even destroy a club so try and keep it simple and most important have fun!
The following users liked this post:
GS Diva (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 448 Likes on 335 Posts

First step would be to determine the population of Corvette owners in your vicinity. You can post here on the regional board or perhaps check with any local dealers or competition shops in your area. Rather than immediately trying to form a formal club, organize some informal gatherings like local cruises; cars & coffee meets; etc. Once you then are able to determine local interest, you can go the next steps of actually forming a club with bylaws, regular meetings, officers, etc, etc.
GS Diva (05-16-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:28 PM
FOXMO
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '09

I started what I call the NON Club Corvette Club here in Wilmington, DE. We have NO Officers, Members, Meetings, Dues, Must attend events, Sponsors, Matching shirts and hats, ETC. We just get together once a month and cruise somewhere. Sometimes it's auto related, sometimes its a winery. Yesterday we went to Lee's Landing Dock Bar in Port Deposit, MD. There were 9 Corvettes...5 different generations. One couple were friends before we had Corvettes, one couple had a mutual friend, one is a former co-worker, some are members of an Official Club, some I met right here on the Forum. I was in two different organized clubs. But it's not for everyone. Sometimes clubs focus on car shows, some do a lot of parades, some are just social, some do everything. That depends on the size and willingness of members to get involved. I've been organizing events with this group for about 4 years and have asked others to step up and organize some cruises...one person does one month, someone else does the next month, and so on. I've gotten great response since the folks aren't committed to taking over the entire thing. I still send out the group e-mail and maintain the FaceBook page (NON Club Corvette Club). Send me a PM if I can be of further assistance. Best of Luck!

From one of our get gatherings last year.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:17 PM
buck fever
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Like Foxmo, I too started a non-car club a few years ago. There are no dues collected, set meetings, membership requirements etc. I organize a cruise every other month to various destinations in the local region. We have lunch and pick a destination place to visit. My club is open to any American muscle V8. Along with various generations of Vettes, we have Mustangs, two Camaros, and a Hellcat in the group. It’s a wonderful group of people who just love cars and hanging out with fellow enthusiasts. Most guys bring their spouses along on the cruises. I have found that it is much more enjoyable this way compared to all the red tape of belonging to a charter club. I see your in MD too, if you’re interested in seeing how my group runs your welcome to join us on Saturday June 22nd. Hope this helps, good luck.
FOXMO (05-23-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of Starting a Corvette Club

Quick Reply: Thinking of Starting a Corvette Club