Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:42 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR?

As many of you already know as part of the Cartek Corvette Challenge we are running a QUICK 4 race at some events. This race is made up of the fasted 4 car during time trials and run a seprate headsup, pro start bracket.
Interest in this type of racing has been great but now it time to show some reward.

MONEY, thats what I'm looking for to support these Quick 4 Racers and to show the world that we enjoy heads up racing.

My plan is to run 1 race in September and 1 in November but I will consider more if I have the financial backing.

Remember, 100% of the money raised going back to the racers and sponsors will get track air time and take part in post race winner circle photos.

Come join the fun and be part of history, serious donations only.

For info E-mail me at:

www. johnmackey@corvettechallenge.info

Old 08-19-2002, 08:07 PM
NJVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (mackeyred96)

How about if everyone who races the challenge donates $5 or $10 to the cause, and you could collect in the staging lanes? I can swing 5 or 10 bucks and I bet some others wouldn't mind either.....If this is a dumb idea just shoot me :lol:
Old 08-19-2002, 09:20 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (NJVetteGuy)

Artie, thats a great Idea but if you want to do that why don't you run your own gamblers race amoung regular Cartek Corvette Challenge racers.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:38 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

I love you quick guys but if I put down my $5 I would like a chance to win it back.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:07 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (REDGAR)

I like the idea of the personnal gamblers race, and I hope that you would let the non Corvettes race in that. The Quick 4 is great also, but you have to have a decent turn out of the 10 or 11 second cars to make it fun. Or have certain rules like street tires only(no drag tires at all, no BFGs or anything of the sort) since the slower guys can race the faster cars since they can hook on street tires. I think that would bring out alot more guys to this type of racing. I would have some limiting factor that can help equalize the field to make it harder to win. If the same 9 second or low 10 second Vette always shows up, that driver will always win, well most of the time anyway. I don't think that alot of you guys want to keep giving your money to the same few guys all the time, but I can be wrong on this. If you want the big turn outs you need to have some type of fair racing rules. I mentioned one idea, so maybe somebody else can chime in on this.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:09 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (95CYC4)

I almost forgot. I would sponsor the Quick 4 if the street tire rule was used. I am also sure to think of some other way to make this alot more fun and have a bigger turn out, just give me a few days.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:15 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Steve, good points.
At our last race out # 1 qualifer ran a 9.70.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:36 PM
NJVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

If E-Town would let us do this, here's a quick thought. Before the Corvette Challenge eliminations start, any Corvette drivers that wanted to run a gambler's race put in $20 and run a "gambler's eliminator". Half the proceeds go to the winner, and the other half go to support the quick 4. Run one eliminator between the rest of the CC rounds until there is only one standing. I think it would draw a crowd and everybody can have some fun for a good cause. Plus it's more track time for the peope who go in. As long as everyone knew it was for fun and a good cause I think this might work. Who would be in? I'd rather lay down $20, run at least one more time that night, and further our Corvette cause. Count me in if we can get this together. Another quick thought would be to have "grudge" bracket races for $5 a shot, no proceeds for the winners but you get the bragging rights....Friday night at E-Town was so dead they let me and Steve run brackets against each other all night and it was more fun than I had in a while. Anyone can chime in here, I know my ideas can be improved on! :cheers:
Old 08-19-2002, 10:37 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Steve, the idea man. good points. However the more rules, the officiating you need to regulate and we are a for fun group and we want to race not verfiy every on is fitting with all the rules.

By the way, that 9.7 car is for SALE.

Yes if the same 9.7 car shows up he will have almost a one second lead on the other 3 cars from last time but i am sure those 3 and the others that did not make it are making a few adjustments to bridge the gap.

Old 08-20-2002, 02:28 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I guess the guys with all the money havn't read this yet ;)
Old 08-20-2002, 03:38 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Funny about the guys with money not reading this yet, must be :sleep:

I think that the street tire rule would be the easiest to enforce since you can have anyone who knows anything about tires look at them and tell if they are legal or not to run in this bracket(it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what a drag tire is compared to a street tire). I didn't think of any other easy ideas to enforce that would also have a greater turnout for this Quick 4.

And the past Friday night that Art and I raced each other 5 times bracket style was the best night at E-town I have ever had. It was so cool to dial in against someone you knew for fun. It was such good practice, even though I went out 2nd round the next day, but it was the first time I really got on the brakes at the end since I was ahead of the other driver for a change. This was how I won 1st round this past Saturday. Without this practice under real bracker racing conditions I wouldn't have this knowledge under my belt. I know it's not alot, but it really helps me out now that I have this seat time. Maybe you can race for food, which I did and it paid off. This would get my attention as well as some other popular racers.....no names mentioned.

I hope that some good ideas can be found for this Quick 4 to make it alot more interesting for the slower guys who tend to go to the track more often, and in greater numbers, than the really fast guys. I want to be a really fast guy one day, and it might seem unfair to them to make rules that will handicap them, but it would be fun to see them try to run on street tires and beat the less powerful cars. I gotta think of something else since this street tire thing is already getting old, but it might work.

Maybe there can be a Pro Tree included in this street tire bracket. That way most of us won't have a heads up advantage since most of us don't race on a Pro Tree all the time. Also, the track usually doesn't give Pro Tree time shots to guys with street cars, so it would make things a bit more fair since there wouldn't be any starting line advantages given to any of the drivers unless they race a Pro Tree car all the time. Just an idea. :cheers:
Old 08-20-2002, 03:41 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

I would worry about safety with the more powerful cars having to run street tires though. Just a thought after I mentioned this idea already. So if this does happen, please be very careful with the faster cars.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:43 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Artie I am for less confusion at the track. I run in two elimnators so more confusion within the challenge is not what I personally would like to see.

This is a marketing opportunity for a business to align themsleves with the fastest Corvettes in the US and even the world.

I love seeing the smiles on peoples faces when they run new personal bests, like when Bill Maloney ran 10.69, he is still smiling from it or when Carmen at the Vette Doctors was thrilled to see two of his cars in the Quick 4, but I am sorry, my own racing budget will not allow me to support them personally.

Old 08-20-2002, 03:51 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

I got it. This will surely prove to be the best rule for this Quick 4.

Here it is:
Place a mustard covered hot dog on each racers dashboard before the run and it cannot be touched until you return to the pits, this would be the hardest part of this bracket to enforce. This way nobody can have a hard launch, and then you can't speed up too much since it will cause the mustard covered hot dog to fly into your interior and make a mess. The racers will supply the hot dogs with their own money, and the winner will get whatever money is collected from each driver that enters. This way the track makes out from the sale of hot dogs. If you are hungry you can eat while you are racing, but then you eliminate yourself from the field, but have a full stomach. I guess each hot dog will have to be marked with something so that any hot dogs that are eaten during a run can be clearly seen as a fake and that racer will be eliminated.

This is what happens when you are hungry and start to think about ideas for this Quick 4. :jester

[Modified by 95CYC4, 2:52 PM 8/20/2002]
Old 08-20-2002, 04:06 PM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: got me hungry though :lol:
Old 08-20-2002, 04:57 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (lostsoulny)

Where did "I" loose control??????????? :confused:
Old 08-20-2002, 05:34 PM
brent eb02
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

so let me get this straight.............you have no money....and you love hot dogs?????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR?

Old 08-20-2002, 06:48 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Default Re: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR? (brent eb02)

:lol:
I got the money, but next time i'll say to use a bowl of New England Clam Chowder... :eek: :D

Piping Hot!!!!!

:crazy: :lol:
Old 08-20-2002, 08:32 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

No street tires, the rules are set.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:35 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Ok, you win, i'll use racing tires.

:eek:

Quick Reply: Who wants to be a QUICK 4 SPONSOR?