Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

need trip planning help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM
87gtNOS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need trip planning help!!!!!!

Hey everyone, I am planning a MOTORCYCLE trip basically from Toronto to New Brunswick....VIA the USA. Second week of August...

We will be crossing into the USA at I81 (east end of Lake Ontario) just north of Fort Drum, New York.

We would like to make our way towards Lake Champlain, and are not sure whether to go above or below the lake.

There are a few routes to take to get there...
a) take hwy 3 towards Tupper Lake, and end up at Ticonderoga, NY....
b) drop down to Fort Drum, take hwy12/28 towards Blue Mountain Lake, then across to Ticonderoga?

From Ticonderoga, north to Burlington, across to Montpelier, then do I go...
a) across hwy towards Bethel and onto Skowhegan?
b) or?

Basically no matter which way we go, the times are similar +/- 2hours over the whole trip.

So I am looking for your advice, best route, most scenic type of thing!!

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-29-2014, 03:33 PM
87gtNOS
Racer

No one in the Northeast??!!

Here is what I have come up with for Day TWO of my trip...332 miles.

Hope to be able to make the Ferry across Champlain and make it to Mt. Washington by 2pm or so....

Any takers on how this looks?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

It's been many years since I've been up that way but the Blue Mountain Lake area is a very scenic route.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

One suggestion I can offer if you decide to follow Rt. 3 East from Tupper Lake.....head to Saranac Lake & from there take Rt. 86 East into Lake Placid. In Lake Placid, you can tour some of the old Winter Olympic sites & also do the drive up Whiteface Mtn. There's also a really great BBQ joint called Tail O' the Pup on Rt. 86 between Saranac & Lake Placid....lots of bikers hang out there too. From Lake Placid, you can work your way East on Rt. 86 or Rt. 73 & head either for Champlain/Rouses Point (north) or Ticonderoga (south). Have fun.....
Old 07-29-2014, 05:58 PM
87gtNOS
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave S
One suggestion I can offer if you decide to follow Rt. 3 East from Tupper Lake.....head to Saranac Lake & from there take Rt. 86 East into Lake Placid. In Lake Placid, you can tour some of the old Winter Olympic sites & also do the drive up Whiteface Mtn. There's also a really great BBQ joint called Tail O' the Pup on Rt. 86 between Saranac & Lake Placid....lots of bikers hang out there too. From Lake Placid, you can work your way East on Rt. 86 or Rt. 73 & head either for Champlain/Rouses Point (north) or Ticonderoga (south). Have fun.....
I do plan to hit Lake Placid on the way out, drive through....but on the way back, I have targeted Lake Placid to stop for a night!!

Get notified of new replies

To need trip planning help!!!!!!

Quick Reply: need trip planning help!!!!!!