Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

EVENT-Simeone Foundation Corvette Sting Ray Demo Day Sat. Aug 9th

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 669 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default EVENT-Simeone Foundation Corvette Sting Ray Demo Day Sat. Aug 9th

EVENT UPDATE

Do Not meet at Xfinity Live, go directly to the Museum.
See post #20 for directions.

I just wanted to make sure the Forum Folks were aware of a schedule change of one of the Simeone Foundation's Demo Days. Demo Days are when they break out there World Class Museum cars and drive them in their 3 acre parking lot.

Originally scheduled for August 23rd, which conflicts with Corvette Carlisle weekend, and now re-scheduled to Saturday August 9th is the Sting Ray Demo Day, featuring one of the original 1963 Grand Sport Race Cars.

So make plans to attend this really cool event and watch & listen to this Beast of a car drive through the autocross course in their parking lot. Also on display will be there 1966 427 Convertible Sting Ray and a display of 1963 Coupes. One of the Coupes will be a Z06 model, one of the 199 built in 1963. There will also be some brand new 2014 Stingrays on display to bring the nameplate full circle.

Plus if you like you can sign up for a driving class hosted by former Corvette Racer and current Cadillac Racer, Andy Pilgrim. Just sign up on the Simeone Foundation's web site.

And to make this into a fun Forum event, if you sign up or rsvp here, I will have reserved Corvette Parking for our group at the Museum and a before and after party as well.

The cost is a reduced Group Admission of $10/person and if you are a Lifetime NCM Member with the NARM logo on your membership card, your admission is free.

I will be there with National Corvette Caravan information and selling raffle tickets for some very cool Peter Brock Racing Prizes, Peter is one of the original designers of the Split Window Coupe.

The plan is to meet at the Xfinity Live Complex parking lot at 9:30am, it's a free parking lot. I am working with the folks at Xfinity to host us for a continental breakfast, just for us, being that they don't open until 11am.

The Andy Pilgrim event begins at 11am

The Demo Day begins at Noon

So we can hang out at Xfinity until 10:30-11am and drive over as a group to all park together in the reserved Corvette parking area. We can check out the entire Museum and then watch the Demonstration.

Once that is over we can head back to Xfinity Live or any other watering hole to relax and enjoy each others company. At this point in the day the Phillies will be playing a home game, so perhaps we find another location but we can discuss that at the event. (Tony Luke's maybe?)

So who is interested in attending?

Post up so I can start a Roll Call List. Pass the word to make the Simeone Foundation happy that they changed their date to accommodate the local Corvette owners!

Last edited by zipity; 08-07-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

I plan to be there....hopefully with others from the Corvette Express club out of Freehold NJ.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:52 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Zipity sounds like a great event!

Could you elaborate on the "Peter Brock Racing Prizes?" I only know Peter as a designer at GM then racer with Shelby and BRE - Datsun.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

If we're in 'Jersey we would be up (down) for this one.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I'm in for all of it. Meeting Andy Pilgrim and possible getting a lesson from him would be cool. And watching/hearing an original Z06 would be awsome too.

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 07-20-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by VtVette
Hey Zipity sounds like a great event!

Could you elaborate on the "Peter Brock Racing Prizes?" I only know Peter as a designer at GM then racer with Shelby and BRE - Datsun.

Thanks!
I will be selling raffle tickets to win two separate autographed copies of his Sting Ray book and an autographed print from his racing company BRE.

And also raffling off a 4 pack of tickets to a sky box for a Philadelphia Union Soccer game.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:59 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

bump
Old 07-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

With the Phillies game scheduled for 7pm I would think we should be good.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 AM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Ttt
Old 07-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave S
I plan to be there....hopefully with others from the Corvette Express club out of Freehold NJ.
So far have six coming from Corvette Express. The club is meeting at Jersey Freeze in Freehold this Friday evening (7/25) for an "ice cream social" & I suspect we'll get others to sign up then. Anyone who would like to join us for a banana split...c'mon down!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:38 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Dave S
So far have six coming from Corvette Express. The club is meeting at Jersey Freeze in Freehold this Friday evening (7/25) for an "ice cream social" & I suspect we'll get others to sign up then. Anyone who would like to join us for a banana split...c'mon down!
Thanks for the info Dave. What time do you guys usually start the meet at?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
Thanks for the info Dave. What time do you guys usually start the meet at?
Scheduled for 7:00 PM, but folks usually start to arrive by 6:00 or 6:30....hope you can make it.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:05 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Sorry I missd this one Dave. I ended up working in Middletown till 5:30 and by the time I made it home even taking back roads with shore traffic, I didn't get home till 7:00pm. I was looking forward to going, hopefully theres a next time.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
Sorry I missd this one Dave. I ended up working in Middletown till 5:30 and by the time I made it home even taking back roads with shore traffic, I didn't get home till 7:00pm. I was looking forward to going, hopefully theres a next time.
We had a good turn out....20+ Vettes plus weather was great. Next Jersey Freeze gathering is Aug 15th.
Attached Images   
Old 07-26-2014, 01:50 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Nice pictures and I see some familiar faces in the crowd.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by zipity
Nice pictures and I see some familiar faces in the crowd.
And you'll see some of those same faces at the Simeone Museum Aug 9th as well as on the Caravan!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:43 AM
FOXMO
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '09

[QUOTE=zipity;1587332240]I just wanted to make sure the Forum Folks were aware of a schedule change of one of the Simeone Foundation's Demo Days. Demo Days are when they break out there World Class Museum cars and drive them in their 3 acre parking lot.

Originally scheduled for August 23rd, which conflicts with Corvette Carlisle weekend, and now re-scheduled to Saturday August 9th is the Sting Ray Demo Day, featuring one of the original 1963 Grand Sport Race Cars.

So make plans to attend this really cool event and watch & listen to this Beast of a car drive through the autocross course in their parking lot. Also on display will be there 1966 427 Convertible Sting Ray and a display of 1963 Coupes. One of the Coupes will be a Z06 model, one of the 199 built in 1963. There will also be some brand new 2014 Stingrays on display to bring the nameplate full circle.

Plus if you like you can sign up for a driving class hosted by former Corvette Racer and current Cadillac Racer, Andy Pilgrim. Just sign up on the Simeone Foundation's web site.

And to make this into a fun Forum event, if you sign up or rsvp here, I will have reserved Corvette Parking for our group at the Museum and a before and after party as well.

The cost is a reduced Group Admission of $10/person and if you are a Lifetime NCM Member with the NARM logo on your membership card, your admission is free.

I will be there with National Corvette Caravan information and selling raffle tickets for some very cool Peter Brock Racing Prizes, Peter is one of the original designers of the Split Window Coupe.

The plan is to meet at the Xfinity Live Complex parking lot at 9:30am, it's a free parking lot. I am working with the folks at Xfinity to host us for a continental breakfast, just for us, being that they don't open until 11am.

The Andy Pilgrim event begins at 11am

The Demo Day begins at Noon

So we can hang out at Xfinity until 10:30-11am and drive over as a group to all park together in the reserved Corvette parking area. We can check out the entire Museum and then watch the Demonstration.

Once that is over we can head back to Xfinity Live or any other watering hole to relax and enjoy each others company. At this point in the day the Phillies will be playing a home game, so perhaps we find another location but we can discuss that at the event. (Tony Luke's maybe?)

So who is interested in attending?

Post up so I can start a Roll Call List. Pass the word to make the Simeone Foundation happy that they changed their date to accommodate the local Corvette owners!

[/QUOTE

Add two more cars to the list attending this event!!

Get notified of new replies

To EVENT-Simeone Foundation Corvette Sting Ray Demo Day Sat. Aug 9th

Old 08-03-2014, 09:16 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Sunday Bump
Old 08-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
Sunday Bump
Thumbs up on this event. I am a volunteer staff member at the museum and will be there with my '93 aqua coupe. Should be an exciting and fun day!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:28 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Event update - do not go to xfinity live

I just received a call from Xfinity Live and they have just booked a private party for this coming Saturday, so we will not be able to use the parking lot to stage.

So please drive directly to the Museum and when you enter let them know you are there with the Corvette Caravan and they will direct you to our Corvette parking lot.

The Museum opens at 10am, so plan to arrive anytime after 10am.

Below are directions from their web site.

See you on Saturday!

The Simeone Automotive Museum is conveniently located just minutes off Interstate 95 in Philadelphia, close to Center City and the Philadelphia International Airport. Our address is:

Simeone Automotive Museum
6825 Norwitch Drive
Philadelphia PA 19153

Click here for Google Maps »

Click here to download a copy of these directions.

Get on I-76 East. After the University city exit, get in the middle lane.
Get off at the PASSYUNK AVE/ OREGON AVE exit, EXIT 347B.
Turn RIGHT onto W PASSYUNK AVE.
After about 1.5 miles the road turns left and becomes ESSINGTON AVE.
Turn RIGHT at the light onto 67TH ST. (Pacifico Ford is on the corner.)
Go one block and Turn LEFT onto NORWITCH DR.
The Museum is down about ¼ mile on your right.

As you approach the Philadelphia International Airport, take EXIT 13 toward I-76 WEST/ VALLEY FORGE/ PA-291/ ISLAND AVE.
Take the PA-291 W ramp toward ISLAND AVE.
Turn RIGHT onto ISLAND AVE/ PA-291 W.
Go to the 1st light and turn RIGHT onto BARTRAM AVE.
At the 2nd light and turn LEFT onto ESSINGTON AVE.
At the next light and turn LEFT onto S 70TH ST.
Go about ½ mile and turn RIGHT onto NORWITCH DR.
The Museum is down about ¼ mile on your left.

Take I-476 South (the Blue Route) all the way to I-95 North at Chester. (Note: we do not recommend taking I-76, the Schuykill Expressway, due to congestion.) As you approach the Philadelphia International Airport, take EXIT 13 toward I-76 WEST/ VALLEY FORGE/ PA-291/ ISLAND AVE.
Take the PA-291 W ramp toward ISLAND AVE.
Turn RIGHT onto ISLAND AVE/ PA-291 W.
Go to the 1st light and turn RIGHT onto BARTRAM AVE.
At the 2nd light and turn LEFT onto ESSINGTON AVE.
At the next light and turn LEFT onto S 70TH ST.
Go about ½ mile and turn RIGHT onto NORWITCH DR.
The Museum is down about ¼ mile on your left.

Quick Reply: EVENT-Simeone Foundation Corvette Sting Ray Demo Day Sat. Aug 9th