Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Back in a Vette after 6 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back in a Vette after 6 years

Don't know if anyone remembers me, or who's still around - but I put together a few runs in CT back in the day:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...ms-lemans.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...k-members.html

Also went on a couple Hamptons runs and other assorted meets.

I wound up selling my C6 and getting an Elise, then a Cayman S (best car ever), and finally an E92 M3 which I just sold. I will say that the Porsche and Corvette communities are by far the best out there, so I'm glad to be back.

I test drove a 2014 Cayman S and fell in love, but didn't want to spend the money and have it depreciate like a rock. Maybe in a few years when they drop in price. I decided to go with a cheaper, dependable weekend/track car. I looked at BRZ's first, and while very fun to drive, I could not get past the lack of power.

Then I realized C5 Z06's are the same price used with low miles. Before the C6, I had a C5 Z06 - which I loved. So I just put a deposit on another C5 Z06 with 3900 miles and will be picking it up in early June.

Since the miles are so low, I'll be forced to put together some events for old times' sake.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 PM
m kraz
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

congrats
Old 05-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Good to hear you're back! These cars are hard to ignore when looking for a performance car in their price range. Sure I would move up to a Bugatti Veyron if I hit the lotto, but until that happens (I don't play) one of our Corvettes will have to do (not complaining here).

Really? A C5Z with under 4k!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 PM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ol'55
Really? A C5Z with under 4k!
Yup. It has a lot of miles to make up for.

Get notified of new replies

To Back in a Vette after 6 years

Quick Reply: Back in a Vette after 6 years