Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

New York (Brooklyn) - Need a general mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default New York (Brooklyn) - Need a general mechanic

Hi guys - I'm not a New Yorker so I need some advice on a reputable local mechanic for my sister. She lives in the Greenpoint / Williamsburg area of Brooklyn. She took her 2010 Ford Escape with 40,000 miles to Pep Boys (I know, right?) for some required state inspection. They told her both lower control arms are "broken" and need replacement and quoted $675. Dealer wants $850-900. I told her I wouldn't let Pep Boys wash my car let alone do control arms. I can do the work but the commute would kill me Pep Boys said they won't give a state inspection sticker until it's done.

Can anyone recommend a local trusted mechanic for the work? She is near Kingsland and Olive if that makes sense. Unfortunately with me being so far away I can't be there with her so she doesn't get taken advantage of.

Thanks to my Corvette brothers in advance!

Matthew
Old 04-08-2014, 06:33 PM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

Originally Posted by Matatk
Hi guys - I'm not a New Yorker so I need some advice on a reputable local mechanic for my sister. She lives in the Greenpoint / Williamsburg area of Brooklyn. She took her 2010 Ford Escape with 40,000 miles to Pep Boys (I know, right?) for some required state inspection. They told her both lower control arms are "broken" and need replacement and quoted $675. Dealer wants $850-900. I told her I wouldn't let Pep Boys wash my car let alone do control arms. I can do the work but the commute would kill me Pep Boys said they won't give a state inspection sticker until it's done.

Can anyone recommend a local trusted mechanic for the work? She is near Kingsland and Olive if that makes sense. Unfortunately with me being so far away I can't be there with her so she doesn't get taken advantage of.
Thanks to my Corvette brothers in advance!
Matthew
K&M Auto Repair.
975 Wyckoff Ave (Halsey St)
Ridgewood NY 11385
Phone: 718-456-0006
Ask for Mike, tell him Bob, with the 1992 Buick Park Ave sent you. I've been going to him for years. As honest as they come. He will tell your sister exactly what she needs and what it will cost her. There is subway and bus service in the area.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks, Bob!

Get notified of new replies

To New York (Brooklyn) - Need a general mechanic

Quick Reply: New York (Brooklyn) - Need a general mechanic