Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Best service dept in DC/Baltimore area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Best service dept in DC/Baltimore area?

Having an electrical issue I just don't have time to chase. I normally am gung ho to diy...but I think I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one.

So where should I take it and get treated right? (Actually, I don't care if they're a-holes as long as it gets fixed indefinitely.)

Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Give us a call. We can get you taken care of.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:46 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A couple of good ones in your own area:

Tony's Covette Shop in Gaithersburg, MD

Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD (Frank Steiner is their ace Corvette Tech with 40 years experience). Been taking my Corvettes to him since '98.

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Phillip50
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
C5 of the Month 7/13
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by vetdude
A couple of good ones in your own area:

Tony's Covette Shop in Gaithersburg, MD

Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD (Frank Steiner is their ace Corvette Tech with 40 years experience). Been taking my Corvettes to him since '98.

Good luck!
Agree- Frank has been taking care of my C5 for 14 years now. Great work and super guy.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Thanks.
Tony's is actually right around the corner from my office in the air park and about 2 miles from my apt. I could walk there, easily. LOL! But I've only seen older cars there, so wasn't sure if he was up on the late models.

Fran, RPM is always in my mind when I think of a good shop. But you guys are all the way out in DE.
I'm having an electrical issue I just don't have time to chase down and no space to work on now that I live in an apt....car isn't running...so am looking for a good shop close by to perhaps tow to.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by filmjay
Thanks.
Tony's is actually right around the corner from my office in the air park and about 2 miles from my apt. I could walk there, easily. LOL! But I've only seen older cars there, so wasn't sure if he was up on the late models.

Fran, RPM is always in my mind when I think of a good shop. But you guys are all the way out in DE.
I'm having an electrical issue I just don't have time to chase down and no space to work on now that I live in an apt....car isn't running...so am looking for a good shop close by to perhaps tow to.

I understand. Just let me now if you need anything... If you dont have AAA do your self a favor and invest in it. 100 bucks a year and you get 5 100 mile tows. I have the premium and its like 125 a year and i get 1 200 mile tow and 5 100 mile tows.... SOOOO worth it.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Thanks.

Tony services all years.

PS: Be sure to insist the tow company sends a flatbed!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:15 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Tony services all years.

PS: Be sure to insist the tow company sends a flatbed!!!
I'm towing with a co we use at work that's right around the corner from Tony. They have whatever truck I need. It's in a parking garage with only a 7' ft max clearance in places, so a flat bed won't work.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 AM
vetdude
Race Director

I'm towing with a co we use at work that's right around the corner from Tony. They have whatever truck I need. It's in a parking garage with only a 7' ft max clearance in places, so a flat bed won't work.
Let us know how you make out. Good luck. Electrical gremlins can be a real PITA with these cars.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:30 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Update...got it out of the garage using a hydraulic repo truck and dollies. Sat at Tony's, outside, for over a week. :/
Got a call late Friday that they finally got around to looking at it. (after I called and asked for a status report on Thurs.)
Got asked to come in personally as there seems to be a handful of potential issues....

hmmmm....sounds unnecessarily expensive...going at lunch today.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Well....new starter, repaired a terminal end, and swapped a battery....$1000.
Smh.....
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Well....new starter, repaired a terminal end, and swapped a battery....$1000.
Smh.....
That does sound a bit steep, but, I paid the same to have just the oil pan gasket replaced on my Z06 - the gasket was around $50; the rest labor. Car only has 4400 miles on it (dry sump caused the gasket to dry out).

At least no more electrical gremlins.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

That does sound a bit steep, but, I paid the same to have just the oil pan gasket replaced on my Z06 - the gasket was around $50; the rest labor. Car only has 4400 miles on it (dry sump caused the gasket to dry out).

At least no more electrical gremlins.
Can not get pan off in the car. Cradle has to be lowered to remove it... Not a easy job at all. Why wasnt it under warranty?

Get notified of new replies

To Best service dept in DC/Baltimore area?

Quick Reply: Best service dept in DC/Baltimore area?