Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

For anyone who may be coming to Carlisle, kittens need homes in Shippensburg

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
WS6 TransAm Girl
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default For anyone who may be coming to Carlisle, kittens need homes in Shippensburg

So this was a giant debacle to start, but I am hoping this will have a fairy tale ending...

I just placed my last foster cat and was perusing facebook, when I see a posting about someone dumping kittens in our local Lowes parking lot, and looking for help. I continued to watch the post for a couple of hours, hoping that someone else (like a legit rescue) would step up but the clock ticked on, and no one made a peep. This parking lot is completely isolated, there is no access to food or water of any kind- a really horrible place for a kitten to be. I called my friend, asked her if she was up for an evening of crazy cat lady action, grabbed a carrier and some wet food and off we went to Lowes.

Lo and behold, when we arrived, there was a little grey kitten sitting in front of the row of sheds. To our frustration however, the kittens were very skittish and quickly ran underneath the sheds, and up into the 4x4 floor supports. Thus started a long evening of crawling around on the pavement, poking kittens with sticks, a purple dressage whip (don't ask), strategic placement of 2x4's and finally a few Lowes associates and a forklift to shuffle sheds around.

The original report was that four kittens were there, but we only accounted for three. I just hope the fourth landed softly with someone No one has seen any trace of him after the original posting.

One of the three has already found a home, I still have the two and need to find them a good indoor home. They were very fearful when we first caught them of course, but have come around in leaps and bounds, every day they get more loving! They look to be two little girls, 8-9 weeks?

I will drive them a reasonable distance from Shippensburg, PA (very close to Carlisle), so please spread the word.

Here is a video, sorry for the mouth breathing, I am so congested. They are currently in my foster room since they have yet to be to the vet, but they are super clean and healthy looking. So sad that someone threw them out like trash

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...08840439522341
Old 08-21-2013, 03:34 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

We already have two dogs but GOD BLESS YOU for what you and others like you do. The world would be a much better place if everyone cared as much as you.

ttt
Old 08-21-2013, 05:28 PM
WS6 TransAm Girl
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by vetdude
We already have two dogs but GOD BLESS YOU for what you and others like you do. The world would be a much better place if everyone cared as much as you.

ttt
Haha why thank you, and I can make them dog friendly, that's no problem

Get notified of new replies

To For anyone who may be coming to Carlisle, kittens need homes in Shippensburg

Quick Reply: For anyone who may be coming to Carlisle, kittens need homes in Shippensburg