Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Reputable detailers in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Reputable detailers in PA?

Not for a Corvette, but I am looking for a reputable detailer that won't rape my wallet to remove etched in water spots, swirls & minor scratches. I'd really love a good wet sand and buff to get rid of the factory orange peel too, but my main concerns are the water spots and swirls.

I stopped by Oakes detail in West Chester as recommended by a body shop I've used, but the price was more than I was hoping to spend at $450. Is that the current going rate?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 AM
03QSLVRZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, would also like to hear about some detailers in SE PA also...

Rick
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Bernardi's on RT 202 in West Chester, just north of RT. 1 & 202 intersection. Did a fabulous job on my wife's SUV, pricing is reasonable.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Frank Agent.
IM him AgentF1 here.
Best around
Old 04-21-2013, 08:01 AM
jpalamar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick does great work but you do pay for it. My wifes Scion wasn't worth Nicks quality so we tried The Detail Shop in Lansdale. We were out the door under $500 with a full detail, PDR, and ceramic coating. Would go back again.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
PSU 98
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was that $450 for wet sand and buff, or just for an exterior detail?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PSU 98
Was that $450 for wet sand and buff, or just for an exterior detail?
Paint correction
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribing
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

I tried some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and that got rid of a good bit of my water spots it seems. Too bad the swirls & fine scratches are still there. Oh well, I'll either get an orbital one day & try myself or have a pro do it. Right now, I need to make it faster.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 PM
23outlaw
Advanced

I am in Bucks co pm me, I have been detailing over 30 years and I am the self titled best, I can beat that price in half for sure and I only use Adams products. price will NOT be over $250 if sport utility thats inside and out tires polished wax and sealed.
PM me
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 PM
23outlaw
Advanced

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
I tried some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and that got rid of a good bit of my water spots it seems. Too bad the swirls & fine scratches are still there. Oh well, I'll either get an orbital one day & try myself or have a pro do it. Right now, I need to make it faster.
Ps
As for your water and swirl marks they will be gone!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

I'm going to pick up that PC XP7424 or whatever is it & try it myself at some point.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex Ruby
Frank Agent.
IM him AgentF1 here.
Best around
I learned a ton from him.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I have three cars that I need (want) to get full details on... I'll have to save up and give Frank a call.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:20 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

So, I had this softball sized mark for lack of proper terminology smack in the middle of the hood of my 427 vert. It WAS NOT there when the car was purchased, and over the last few weeks, I tried to polish it out myself. I had decent success, but just couldn't get it completely out. In the process, I also somehow added a few hairlines to the paint with my efforts. Lets just say it was annoying the heck out of me.

In reading this thread, I was trying to find someone who could fix this for me. After some conversation with 23 outlaw, I decided that he was going to offer me a good chance of getting this thing gone at a fair price.
So, we set it up for early morning. I went him and he went to work. the mar or whatever it was is now gone, as are the hairlines I created. It would have been easy enough to toss him some cash and move on my way, BUT I first had to get him to stop playing. He is one of those guys who actually likes doing this stuff, and went on to do other little things just because he felt they were necessary.

He took very good care of my car, and charged me a very fair amount for his troubles. Driving up though, I knew I was in good hands, as his vette shines very, very well. Funny thing, he was tryng to show me some little tiny scratch that annoys him, most of us are the same way, we know all the little details of our cars. He showed me exactly where it was and I couldnt see it under either sun or fluorescent light......typical car nuts.

for anyone who needs some work done, I would say it is worth making the contact to see if you can work something out I don't think he will hurt you in any way.

Thanks outlaw!! it looks great even under the lights in my garage, so now I can walk by it again without getting pissed off!!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 PM
23outlaw
Advanced

Originally Posted by flange
So, I had this softball sized mark for lack of proper terminology smack in the middle of the hood of my 427 vert. It WAS NOT there when the car was purchased, and over the last few weeks, I tried to polish it out myself. I had decent success, but just couldn't get it completely out. In the process, I also somehow added a few hairlines to the paint with my efforts. Lets just say it was annoying the heck out of me.

In reading this thread, I was trying to find someone who could fix this for me. After some conversation with 23 outlaw, I decided that he was going to offer me a good chance of getting this thing gone at a fair price.
So, we set it up for early morning. I went him and he went to work. the mar or whatever it was is now gone, as are the hairlines I created. It would have been easy enough to toss him some cash and move on my way, BUT I first had to get him to stop playing. He is one of those guys who actually likes doing this stuff, and went on to do other little things just because he felt they were necessary.

He took very good care of my car, and charged me a very fair amount for his troubles. Driving up though, I knew I was in good hands, as his vette shines very, very well. Funny thing, he was tryng to show me some little tiny scratch that annoys him, most of us are the same way, we know all the little details of our cars. He showed me exactly where it was and I couldnt see it under either sun or fluorescent light......typical car nuts.

for anyone who needs some work done, I would say it is worth making the contact to see if you can work something out I don't think he will hurt you in any way.

Thanks outlaw!! it looks great even under the lights in my garage, so now I can walk by it again without getting pissed off!!
It was a pleasure meeting today, Thanks for the kind words, Im glad the scratches are gone I know how guys like us lose sleep over this stuff. Maybe I will see you up at Shady Brook farms on one of the Tuesday nite cruise inn's.
Thanks again
Steve
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM
dizzysn
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

23outlaw where are you located at?

Get notified of new replies

To Reputable detailers in PA?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:23 PM
23outlaw
Advanced

Originally Posted by dizzysn
23outlaw where are you located at?
I am just a mile outside of Doyelstown, feel free to txt me 215-262-1506
Thanks
Steve
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM
dK_C6_LS3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the time and don't mind some work/hours, I recommend Zaino Clay bar and compound system, I worked at a detail shop when I was a youngster... I highly recommend Zaino, it's what most top quality shops use and I have used it on my personal cars many times with outstanding results... It's like a 8-9 stage/step system so it takes some time, took me about 10 hours to do my 2006 300C a couple years back but that is a very large car with a lot of surface area. I still have the box for the full kit with all the mixing bottles and instructions you would need, PM me if you are interested in the part number for it, I'll see if I can find it.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by 23outlaw
It was a pleasure meeting today, Thanks for the kind words, Im glad the scratches are gone I know how guys like us lose sleep over this stuff. Maybe I will see you up at Shady Brook farms on one of the Tuesday nite cruise inn's.
Thanks again
Steve
i live two miles from there and didnt even know they had one.

Quick Reply: Reputable detailers in PA?