Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Yorktown Cars & Coffee Events for 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM
DomG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess I'll add to this Hyjacked thread. I got two thin red stripes from a reputable ebay seller. And then I found a picture of a White Coupe like mine with them on and I'm not feeling the love any more.

The ones I have are Red and go along both sides of the power bulge. No writing, just soldi red. They start out a little over an inch wide and narrow to a point just past the Corvette logo on the nose.

Anyone want them? Free....for a future favor.

I can bring them to the next event.

Speaking of the next event, Sunday is looking good right now. Thursday is looking funky again but Sunday temps just went to a possible 48 degrees. Yow!

DomG

I know, I know...I am looking for the picture to show you...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM
BlaxTrax
Instructor

Love the decal... I was looking at that a while ago, but didnt think it would go with my color too well. As far as the green, I dont think i'm going to do it. I think the $350 will be better spent elsewhere.

But I'm planning on ordering my headers this week. You guys all say to get the catted?

Basil- You should be all over those red stripes... Will look good on your car. But once this salt washes off the roads I'll come down for a detail session. Looks like it might be a while tho because Monday is looking like another snow storm...

Anyone know anything about March Madness 2013 this sunday? Tuners, nice cars, worth going?
https://www.facebook.com/events/386426981450240/
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
DomG
Racer

Yo Yo Yo , Boyz

I be there with my ****

Be a Bitchen day. Maybe we Cruise out

Epic!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
turbocrazy
Racer

Originally Posted by BlaxTrax
Love the decal... I was looking at that a while ago, but didnt think it would go with my color too well. As far as the green, I dont think i'm going to do it. I think the $350 will be better spent elsewhere.

But I'm planning on ordering my headers this week. You guys all say to get the catted?

Basil- You should be all over those red stripes... Will look good on your car. But once this salt washes off the roads I'll come down for a detail session. Looks like it might be a while tho because Monday is looking like another snow storm...

Anyone know anything about March Madness 2013 this sunday? Tuners, nice cars, worth going?
https://www.facebook.com/events/386426981450240/
In all honesty the green isn't that bad, just not my cup of tea.

If you don't mind the smell go catless. I experienced both and went from catless to catted in about a month. I would also listen to some videos of one versus the other as the cats definitely affect the sound output both tone and level.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm going to go down and work on the front of my car... scratch removal, polishing, paint sealing.. (not gonna do all that tonight). In other words, it's going to have to be very nice and clean out this sunday for me to take her out!... Baz, I agree, go for the red stripes...

Ray, stick with the cats.. really no reason not to for an extra 3-4hp.. just a pain with the smell and possible inspection hassles down the road.

March madness looks like a major ricer event!! Let's go!!!!... (I'll put my red lug nuts on for this one!!).

fm
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM
BlaxTrax
Instructor

Franman- ok, wasn't sure. For some reason I thought it brought in exotics.
But you should trade those red lug nuts to basil. Will match his newly acquired red stripes...
And don't be a ***** and bring the car out... I've been bringing mine even after I cleaned her.

I think I will get the cats. No harm and can always get a test pipe section for it also.

Turbo- thanks for the straight up opinion. I think you're right tho. Save the money for bigger and better things... granted its cheap, but still...

Dom- what happened? Did you leave your computer on and the ricer kids wrote that last message? I told you to stop having the ricer meets at your house...
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM
pnap88
Racer

are we thinking of going over to that meet for actuality or is that just a joke???
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
pnap88
Racer

i think i also have a set of stripes laying around that i am going to opt out of using. im going to look for a picture. im glad the thread turned into a flea market/ swap meet.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
pnap88
Racer

it a little far out into long island, but the site says to try and be there by 10 to 1030 because apparently a lot of people are going or something like that????? but i have not seen any posts by people that are bringing anything but "kids" cars
Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 AM
BlaxTrax
Instructor

No, were not going. I was just asking about it.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 AM
BlaxTrax
Instructor

On a side note, does anyone have a GoPro collecting dust that I can use at the events? I've also been doing a lot of studying on my editing program and think my next video will be a lot better.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Hmmmmm....,would love to try the stripes...I think they would look good...it would go with the other red accents I have in and on the car...

As for detail session...anyone want to come to my house to do so is more than welcome...lots of chemical guys stuff...pinnacle souvran...Dodo juice etc...also Porter Cable if needed...

Loves me a detail session...very therapeutic...

CTS V's also welcome...
Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

baz.. we gotta get together sometime for one of these therapeutic sessions. I'm in the middle of a three evening paint correction and sealing/wax job on the front half of my car.. I've got through two polish sessions last night (swirl removal and gloss enhancement)... tonite I'm doing the paint sealant.. let that set.. then time for a nice carnuba. I use all the Blackfire stuff. It works great on the deep colors like MRM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by franman69
baz.. we gotta get together sometime for one of these therapeutic sessions. I'm in the middle of a three evening paint correction and sealing/wax job on the front half of my car.. I've got through two polish sessions last night (swirl removal and gloss enhancement)... tonite I'm doing the paint sealant.. let that set.. then time for a nice carnuba. I use all the Blackfire stuff. It works great on the deep colors like MRM.
Absolutely Fran!

Have you tried the NanoSkin Auto Scrub product line that replaces Clay?

They are fantastic...I got the PC Pad last year and just got their new Mitt in last week...its unbelievable how it works and so much better than clay...
Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
DomG
Racer

Well as for the swap meet sounds like Basil gets my stripes. I'll bring them and the instructions Sunday. "I will not ask for something now, but in the future I will you for a favor, and you cannot refuse me." Vito Corleone

As for Sunday. ....... I see clouds and 45 after a Sunny Saturday. Looks good. Come out and join us.

DomG

Last edited by DomG; 03-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
turbocrazy
Racer

Basil- I am trying to have a friend paint some parts this Sunday after the meet but I might be able to stop by after. Where was your new avatar pic taken? It came out really well

Ray- I will dig up the GoPro and all the mounts for Sunday. As for that meet it looks good just too short notice but definitely keep us updated on any other good car shows you see. I am always game for a car show.

Dom- T Shirts?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
BlaxTrax
Instructor

Turbo- sweet, thanks. No damage or anything will come to it. I just have a few ideas for shooting options with it and all... like I said, been doing my homework and my editing program and I think my next video will be much gooder. This year I definitely want to do the gold coast concourse/bimmerfest event... and you can't rush perfection on the shirts. Scott (lotus) has been working on a new logo. Unveiling will be this Sunday.

Get notified of new replies

To Yorktown Cars & Coffee Events for 2013

Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I want shirts...hoodies....hats...
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by turbocrazy
Basil- I am trying to have a friend paint some parts this Sunday after the meet but I might be able to stop by after. Where was your new avatar pic taken? It came out really well

Ray- I will dig up the GoPro and all the mounts for Sunday. As for that meet it looks good just too short notice but definitely keep us updated on any other good car shows you see. I am always game for a car show.

Dom- T Shirts?
Thanks Matt...took it at Charles Point in Peekskill last summer....on iPhone and edited on the iPhone with Snapseed...
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by turbocrazy

Dom- T Shirts?
What are you getting painted btw?

Wife reminded me I need to help with a Kiddie Party on Sunday...having a bunch of 8 year olds over... so no therapy session this week...at least not the car wash kind....

Quick Reply: Yorktown Cars & Coffee Events for 2013