Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Fikse giveaway!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Fikse giveaway!!!!

Fikse's is giving away a set of wheels (valued up to $5000) and all you have to do is give us your ideas on planning events in your area

Each Forum user who posts in your thread will become eligible to win a custom set of Fikse wheels in their choice of style, finish and size. Multiple suggestions by the same Forum user will count as one for the purposes of our random drawing for the wheels.

I own a set of these wheels and I can say they are unreal!!!!!

This giveaway is important because we want input from members on how we can get people together!!! BBQ's, ice cream socials.... Give us your input and regardless of the outcome, we should plan some events. (Even better is somebody in the region WINS and we can celebrate with the winner)

Rules

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/grea...gal-stuff.html

If you have questions, post up and or PM me

Good luck!!!!!

David
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Dredgeguy
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 86 Posts

At Centennial park in Ellicott City you can have gatherings at no or very minumum charge. They have BBQ areas, covered areas and a large parking lot. We could have a ZR1 gathering and BBQ.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My suggestion would be to help honor military personel and their families, especially those recovering for injuries both physical and mental received during combat missions with outings in a park like setting so we could prepare meals for them/serve food as Dredge suggested above but with a twist.

Here's the Twist:

We all know GI's like cars, lets get them out to not only to look at the cars, lets do caravans with the Vetrans riding shotgun and for those with difficulty entering and exiting, we could deploy some bigger type classic cars or even tricked out trucks or Humvees to be included in these caravans so nobody is left out. I think this would help take their mind off of being bored and maybe just maybe, lift spirits that would help them heal a little faster.

A lot of Vett guys are sometimes referred to as "snobs", lets show the non-believers that its not always about us and we are more down to earth than we get credit for.

I've already got the wheels I want so if I happen to be the lucky guy to win the Fiskes, they will be sold and money will be donated to a worthwhile charity, especially Vetran oriented...

I've got a mess of cars I could bring to help out with this venue, Ask Dave Johnson, He'll tell ya about em..

Go AMERICA! RAH RAH...

Gibby
Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
SteelBlueZR1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be really great for Corvette Owners to get together on a regularly scheduled basis and drive our cars in cruises and/or timed road rallies to places of interest, such as Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry, Antietam, Leesburg/Middleburg, Va, etc, taking area scenic byways with a pre-arranged group meal... The best memories I have in my C4 ZR-1 have been the Wazoo ZR-1 cruises. Let's plan some group road trips before it gets too cold and ring up the miles and smiles!

We can also plan a group rate rental of Summit Point Raceway on a Friday (Friday at the Track) with driving instruction as a group activity that would be a ton o fun. If we bring a Corvette Group, we can probably save on this rate:

Summit Point Raceway - Fridays at the Track

How much does FATT cost?
FATT costs $250 up to 2 weeks before the event (late registration is $10 more) and includes four track sessions with a personal instructor as well as skid pad time in our training cars.

Last edited by SteelBlueZR1; 10-19-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Update information
Old 10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
ZO6R1
Burning Brakes

A great idea would be to have regional lunch/shows every one month where you "meet and eat for charity". Half the food sales are donated to the charity of choice. If you get a national chain like Hooters to sponsor the event it could be very big. They could also use their models to appear with Fiske wheels.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
LT5corsa
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZO6R1
A great idea would be to have regional lunch/shows every one month where you "meet and eat for charity". Half the food sales are donated to the charity of choice. If you get a national chain like Hooters to sponsor the event it could be very big. They could also use their models to appear with Fiske wheels.
Mike

I like that idea!!!!

David

PS. Bonus hooters girls!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
mariofromnewyork
Late Model Domestics
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

1). Have meets at Local speed shops!

This allows vendors to build a relationship with motor heads and see what the demand of that area is for.

2). DIY Club

How to Change: Air filters, Check Air pressures, Rotate tires, Plugs and wires, Fluids, Intake Swap, etc.

Hopefully this will get the less inclined more eager and even reach out to new motor heads.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
LT5corsa
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mariofromnewyork
1). Have meets at Local speed shops!

This allows vendors to build a relationship with motor heads and see what the demand of that area is for.

2). DIY Club

How to Change: Air filters, Check Air pressures, Rotate tires, Plugs and wires, Fluids, Intake Swap, etc.

Hopefully this will get the less inclined more eager and even reach out to new motor heads.

Great idea Mario!

Keep the ideas coming and win a chance at a $5k set of fikse's!

David
Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know in my NJ F-body club we do a meet once a month and each month its in a different part of NJ. So Jan would be in the North, Feb in the Central, mar in the South.. Some of the meets we have at car shows and collect money to donate to a charity and the club matches what ever the members put up..

We also do Cheesteak runs to Philly which we get people from all over the Mid Atlantic to come from. I think we should do runs like that every month. One to NYC for Pizza, Philly for Cheesteaks, Pittsburg for Primanti Bros, Baltimore for ??? , DC for ???, Boston for ??? ect..

Another local meet we do is the drag strip. Atco is very close to Philly and its 15 bucks to race or 10 to spectate.

Last edited by slow-v6; 10-23-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 AM
hiznhrz
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

My recommendation for an upcoming Corvette event would be a Corvette caravan through the Gettysburg, Pennsylvania battlefield park. The park includes more than 26 miles of paved roads open for touring by private vehicle. Park visitors typically begin their tour at the National Park Service Museum and Visitor Center. Visitors tour the park on their own with the use of the self-guiding tour in the park's Official Map and Guide.

Audio Tours can also be purchased in the park book store in CD format. Narrated by authorities on the Battle of Gettysburg, these tours will provide the listener with detailed descriptions of significant areas of the battlefield park and bring to life the soldiers who fought this great battle.

The Gettysburg countryside is some of the most scenic anywhere. While spring and fall are ideal, summer and winter both offer a beautiful backdrop for what could be a memorable Corvette day. Gettysburg is large enough to have plenty to offer out-of-towners yet small enough a city where a caravan of Corvettes would be look and feel special.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 AM
xpunter83
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Local Poker run through new england at different speed shops

Also midnight cruise through boston along the waterfront and Newbury St
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 AM
LT5corsa
Support Corvetteforum!

Great ideas everyone!

Keep the ideas coming and when you give your thoughts.... You are entering for a chance @ set of fikse wheels!

David
Old 10-25-2012, 02:45 PM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I've always wanted to do a "Give the Kids a Ride" show. In benefit to somewhere like the Maria Fareri Childrens hospital, set up the car show in the parking lot, you give the kids a chance to come out and pick the car they want to ride in...set up a little cruise route. You could even get them all in the cars and cruise them down to Playland or somewhere for a picnic/awards ceremony. Open it up to all types of cars not just corvettes, exotics, imports, fire trucks whatever. Think the kids would love it and most car owners would to!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
LT5corsa
Support Corvetteforum!

Ideas (for events) will give you a real chance at wining Fikse Wheels!

David
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 AM
spdnman
Pro

A benefit to those who lost loved ones in hurricane Sandy might be helpful.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
LT5corsa
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by spdnman
A benefit to those who lost loved ones in hurricane Sandy might be helpful.
Great idea! Please elaborate.

Need specifics.

David
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default corvette day at an autox

It would be great to see a group of novice drivers get a chance to use their cars as they were made to be used. I race with the NER SCCA, They had the 5th gen camaro club come out to an event with great sucess. they have a novice class, loaner helmets and instructors to help you .

Get notified of new replies

To Fikse giveaway!!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Street591
Heel & Toe

I feel that racing events/gathering that are organized can hold some liability issues that are often feared by organizations. I also think that it rules out too many members because they feel that if they:

A: Don't want to race, then they can't come (or there is no point in coming).

B: If there car isn't pushing mid-to-low 10s, they don't feel "worthy" of attending.

This is my idea.....(Powerblock TV look-a-like)

-To have a gathering at a local convenient spot or more preferably a car shop/speed shop that works on corvettes or has tools available (dealerships,etc.).

-A few weeks before the meet, the schedule would be announced of what vehicle(s) would be being worked on. This would be members' cars who are ready for mods or a vehicle in for work at a local performance shop.

-On the day of the meet, all attending members would receive the lineup of what cars were being worked on, when they being done, and what was being done to them. This could be things as simple as brake jobs to intake swaps to home porting.

-Members then can watch the(ir) car being worked on, lend a hand, ask questions during the install, and learn how to do modifications for when they work on their own car.

-In addition to the car(s) being on the "featured modification(s)", other members would be inclined to bring tools and work with other members on their own/others cars.

*Follow-ups:

-This could include but not be limited to follow alongs whereas members' could bring their own intake for example, and swap parts on there own car while watching the feature car's intake being done, something like a follow-along. This would lead to members' gaining confidence to modify their own car and learn how to do more, or ask questions they've been wanting to know.

-Sponsors could be well induced into these events to help provide food, giveaways, etc.

-Charities could receive donations from members in a variety of ways, being raffle tickets during the event, donations, or charging an entrance fee.

GO FIKSE!!!

Last edited by Street591; 10-31-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default NJ Motorsports Fikse Thunder at Millville with the Corvette Performance Team

What I would like to see is Fikse and the Corvette Museum guys run an event at Millville NJMSP again. They did a full weekend 2 years ago and had 100+ people but it didn't cover the cost of the event so they did not have one since and decided that the VIR event they do every year represented the NE region. I think that if we could get Fikse and some additional sponsors to offset some of the cost for the corvette museum people it would be great!!!!!! Corvette performance Fikse track event!!

Ernie Oliveira

Originally Posted by LT5corsa
Fikse's is giving away a set of wheels (valued up to $5000) and all you have to do is give us your ideas on planning events in your area

Each Forum user who posts in your thread will become eligible to win a custom set of Fikse wheels in their choice of style, finish and size. Multiple suggestions by the same Forum user will count as one for the purposes of our random drawing for the wheels.

I own a set of these wheels and I can say they are unreal!!!!!

This giveaway is important because we want input from members on how we can get people together!!! BBQ's, ice cream socials.... Give us your input and regardless of the outcome, we should plan some events. (Even better is somebody in the region WINS and we can celebrate with the winner)

Rules

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/grea...gal-stuff.html

If you have questions, post up and or PM me

Good luck!!!!!

David

Last edited by VRedZ06; 10-31-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 PM
chrisNY
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the poker run idea, but combine it with a few other ideas, make all the ckeck points different, say 1 at a speed shop/auto parts supplier that shows demo's, 1 at a resturant, 1 at a place you can really drive the cars ( a track or dragstrip), 1 where you could take kids or people who never get a chance to drive in a vette or classic car, the last spot a nice show where maybe alot of the drivers could get together and help someone do a project that they couldnt for some reason do on thier own. and have everything donated to a worthy cause

Quick Reply: Fikse giveaway!!!!