Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

* From August@Carlisle to December's Toy Runs [BAR] thread*

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Well, it's come to this. I have my car listed in the C5 F/S section of the forum. However, don't fear, I have my eye on a convertible vette, that would be a nice replacement for my EB blue baby.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Ralphyboy
Well, it's come to this. I have my car listed in the C5 F/S section of the forum. However, don't fear, I have my eye on a convertible vette, that would be a nice replacement for my EB blue baby.
Let me know how you make out with the sale, i am still on the fence about selling mine. Of course if someone came to me with the right amount of cash I would let it go. Just not sure I want to list it just yet.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I was going to buy a 2007 vert two Saturdays ago but they sold it the night before. Fate?????
Old 09-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by moserbe
I was going to buy a 2007 vert two Saturdays ago but they sold it the night before. Fate?????

You know, over the years I've come to the realization that things really do happen for a reason. So many instances where you just know that it can't be a random thing.

I have an appointment with a cardiologist on thursday. The appointment was made while I was in the hospital. It turns out that the doctor I'm going to see is the same one who did a nuclear stress test on me in 2009. He is a member of the group of cardiologists where the doctor who did my surgery last week belongs. The doctor at the hospital just happened to be the one on call then. Random? I don't know, but very weird.

When the right car shows up, it will all work out. That's how I got my EB coupe. Not a common color, but it just turned up at a dealer near me. I went back 3 times, and finally worked out a deal.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
sasnglass77
Race Director

Any word on Billy?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by sasnglass77
Any word on Billy?
Bill's surgery isn't scheduled 'til tomorrow (Wednesday).
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Billy :bluean gel:
Good luck today.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

Linda: While you have been running around taking care of Bill the puppies got together and had me send this message

Hope things go good for both of you today!! xxoo
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Nukmeister1
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Billy just went into surgery

Let's get those prayers going for him and for Linda!

Here's to a fast, speedy and uneventful recovery!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
sasnglass77
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ol'55
Bill's surgery isn't scheduled 'til tomorrow (Wednesday).
Thanks...I don't get here too often and don't have time to catch up
I saw he was going for surgery tho

And prayers sent!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Sparkieeee
Team Owner

Location: Brooklyn, NYC .. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere, New York, New York - Fred Ebb
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Thanks for ALWAYS being here for us guys & gals. You'll never know how much it helps!!

This is especially difficult for 2 people are so used to going places and doing things. We have pretty much housebound for 4 months now.

Hopefully, things will take a turn for the better now.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran

so how did it go?

Originally Posted by Sparkieeee
Thanks for ALWAYS being here for us guys & gals. You'll never know how much it helps!!

This is especially difficult for 2 people are so used to going places and doing things. We have pretty much housebound for 4 months now.

Hopefully, things will take a turn for the better now.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Car is sold. The search begins for my next ride. What shall it end up being?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Car is sold. The search begins for my next ride. What shall it end up being?
wow, that was fast, did you give it away?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0
wow, that was fast, did you give it away?
I probably should have asked more, but I sold it to a guy here in NJ. He really knows the cars ( has 3 other vettes) and is involved with the Corvette Challenge at Englishtown. He drove the car and started to smile. He said Chuck did a real nice job tuning it ( like I don't know this? ). Anyway, he bought it on the spot. I priced it in between what a dealer wanted to give me, and what a clean car would go for according to KBB. If you don't try to get stupid dealer " mint" condition money for your car, and it's in good condition, you can get it sold. Steve, don't try to get every penny you possibly can out of the deal. Just be reasonable, and it will go if you really need to do it.
Me, I'm following my "bucket list" now, and I'm going to get what I've been thinking about for a long time to replace it. " Every day is a good day now" , in my book, after surviving that heart attack. I just want to have some real fun, and do what I want. I had too many things I wanted to do, but never did. Now is the time. I'm not gonna worry about a few dollars.You can't put a price on some things. I see the "little guys" here, Gunnar and Ariston. So cute, and what a blessing. THAT'S what makes us happy, and there's nothing at any price to surpass that!!!
Now I'm looking for a car to put a smile on my face. I'll find it.

BTW, Billy, :bluean gel:
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I priced it in between what a dealer wanted to give me, and what a clean car would go for according to KBB. If you don't try to get stupid dealer " mint" condition money for your car, and it's in good condition, you can get it sold.
Glad that you are happy with the deal. I agree, keep it reasonably priced and it will sell. I'm thinking of selling my mint supercharged 98 next spring and getting a newer "stock" Vette. Almost 60 now and just want to cruise and smile. Having the crazy fast Vette has been a blast to say the least and I've crossed that off of my bucket list.
I too had a heart attack and appreciate things much more since. Life is short so I intend to make the most of it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by moserbe
Glad that you are happy with the deal. I agree, keep it reasonably priced and it will sell. I'm thinking of selling my mint supercharged 98 next spring and getting a newer "stock" Vette. Almost 60 now and just want to cruise and smile. Having the crazy fast Vette has been a blast to say the least and I've crossed that off of my bucket list.
I too had a heart attack and appreciate things much more since. Life is short so I intend to make the most of it.

Get notified of new replies

To * From August@Carlisle to December's Toy Runs [BAR] thread*

Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I'm very sad today, but it's still good. The new owner of my car is coming to pick it up. I'll take one last ride before he shows up. Forward it is. I should be excited to find my new car, but I can't help feeling nostalgic about this car. Damn, I really loved that EB!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
mikede824
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
St: Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I probably should have asked more, but I sold it to a guy here in NJ. He really knows the cars ( has 3 other vettes) and is involved with the Corvette Challenge at Englishtown. He drove the car and started to smile. He said Chuck did a real nice job tuning it ( like I don't know this? ). Anyway, he bought it on the spot. I priced it in between what a dealer wanted to give me, and what a clean car would go for according to KBB. If you don't try to get stupid dealer " mint" condition money for your car, and it's in good condition, you can get it sold. Steve, don't try to get every penny you possibly can out of the deal. Just be reasonable, and it will go if you really need to do it.
Me, I'm following my "bucket list" now, and I'm going to get what I've been thinking about for a long time to replace it. " Every day is a good day now" , in my book, after surviving that heart attack. I just want to have some real fun, and do what I want. I had too many things I wanted to do, but never did. Now is the time. I'm not gonna worry about a few dollars.You can't put a price on some things. I see the "little guys" here, Gunnar and Ariston. So cute, and what a blessing. THAT'S what makes us happy, and there's nothing at any price to surpass that!!!
Now I'm looking for a car to put a smile on my face. I'll find it.

BTW, Billy, :bluean gel:
Life is way to short, enjoy now
Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 AM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm very sad today, but it's still good. The new owner of my car is coming to pick it up. I'll take one last ride before he shows up. Forward it is. I should be excited to find my new car, but I can't help feeling nostalgic about this car. Damn, I really loved that EB!!!
Sometimes you just have to let something that you love go to make room for your next love. Chin up and smile. It'll be ok to shed a tear as you watch it go down the road to it's new home.

Quick Reply: * From August@Carlisle to December's Toy Runs [BAR] thread*