Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Dyno Tuning in CT?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:03 PM
VJD2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Dyno Tuning in CT?

After some mods I need to get the car tuned. I have been looking around and seems like there aren't very many options. Leaning towards Mongillo Motors in New Haven.

Any other suggestions before I make an appointment?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Jannety Racing in Waterbury. He has a Dyno and does alot of tunes for the new Camaros as well as Corvettes!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Also Corvette Center in Newington does good dyno tunes
Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Audiophobe
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Also Pruven Performance in Milford.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
DJJONESIVS
Advanced

i would go to slowhawk

stay away from those mentioned.

i could handle a street tune for your vehicle no problem.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ted Jannetty tuned my supercharged 94 mustang and did a great job. I used another tuner 1st and had some issues with the car. Ted was able to fix them right away.

I plan to bring him my C6 when the time comes.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Kevin McCaffrey
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Corvette Center
(860) 953-2994
184 Day St, Newington, CT 06111
Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I've seen I would stay away from Corvette Center and most of the shops that tune multiple brands of vehicles.

Just do research on the shop you chose and what they use to tune with. If they tune with a hand held, run.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
wiesman02
Advanced

Mongillo Motors in new Haven. They specialize in GTO's, but gto has the ls2 engine so that should speak for itself. Great performance shop ! I recommend it
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 AM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Slowhawk has tuned all the LSx cars i know. Great guys really knows whats hes doing. I wouldn't bring my car anywhere else.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Slowhawk would be my choice.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 PM
VJD2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Thank you everyone for the insight and the suggestions. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

I'll post results when its all said and done.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Shifter6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports

Mustangs, EEC4 and LS tuning at same shop?? don't like it
Fords T4MO EECIV (95-95 Gt) is one of the more difficult processors to tune. It is right in between the simplicity of the older processors (A9L <93) and the more universal OBD2 processors (96 +). I first went to a very reputable area tuner with my HCI/Blower 94 GT. After several attempts, I still had several drivability issues and was making 460rwhp. That tuner basically told me he could not do anything else for me.

I brought my car to Ted who not only made the car drive perfect but also gave me 501rwhp. I drove the car like that for over two years and sold it to someone who is still enjoying it.

Ted personally owned a LS1 SS Camaro for years, and tuned my brothers 98 SS Camaro. I have referred family and friends to him looking for high performance work. The only complaint I have received is that he is not cheap, which I would agree. He tunes with HP tuners and SCT. His equipment is top notch; I have never seen a bigger/higher speed dyno cell fan in any other shop.

I would go to Ted whether he was or was not a forum sponsor.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by VJD2
Thank you everyone for the insight and the suggestions. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

I'll post results when its all said and done.
You have zero work bud, step over to LS1tech and mention the other shops in this thread and step back, it's interesting
Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Ted did my Maggie on my 03 and tuned it several years ago (still going strong) and my Camaro that just went through CT emissions. Not an issue at all. So not sure your statement holds water about the guy!
Oh well its all good, Peace!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:35 PM
DJJONESIVS
Advanced

nothing wrong with going to a shop that tunes multiple manufacture brands.

one of the best tuners in this country tunes not only gm ecu's but deals with subaru, mitsu's,nissans, dodge and iirc ford.
his efi knowledge is above and beyond.

not trying to take away from those that only specialize in gm calibrations.
a good tune/ calibration is what it is, there are many ways to get to that specific point as well. many ways to approach it.

just think about what you want from the vehicle and see if your tuner can produce as such.

one of the worst things that can be done is comparing dyno numbers from 1 dyno to the next.
a dyno can be fudged with based on correction factors and uncorrected numbers to boost things up or down.

it should be used strictly for tuning purposes so one is not out doing 140mph on the high way to nail down wot a/f.
its great for measuring gains.
its one of the best ways to dial in the "proper" a/f or lambda settings that a vehicle may like and the same applies for correlating spark vs load.

if your tuner is just strapping the vehicle down and making 5 pulls and sending you on your way, id stay far away from that guy.

look into the history of ls tuning shops here, you will find out most of the shops send home unhappy customers.
some customers are happy because they dont know any better.

some of the known ls shops in this state charge prices that are extremely ridiculous.

good luck!

forgot to mention, i have personally looked at a bolt on tune from mongillo motor's on a ls2 gto.
the tune was spot on, from ve to maf and everything 0 kr optimal spark values.
the owner had came to me complaining about poor gas mileage.
after helping him dissect his tune, it turned out to be a dic calculation that was incorrect.

Last edited by DJJONESIVS; 08-09-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJJONESIVS
one of the best tuners in this country tunes not only gm ecu's but deals with subaru, mitsu's,nissans, dodge and iirc ford.
his efi knowledge is above and beyond.
Hmmm..............LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno Tuning in CT?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
From what I've seen I would stay away from Corvette Center and most of the shops that tune multiple brands of vehicles.

Just do research on the shop you chose and what they use to tune with. If they tune with a hand held, run.
I would steer clear of Slowhawk- Hear really bad things about him.

Slowhawk i hope you like this post. Your blowing smoke up peoples asses when you don't know what the fu k your talking about.

For the greater Hartford area Corvette Ctr. is one of the oldest and most relieable shops around.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XEUROTRASHOWNER
I would steer clear of Slowhawk- Hear really bad things about him.

Slowhawk i hope you like this post. Your blowing smoke up peoples asses when you don't know what the fu k your talking about.

For the greater Hartford area Corvette Ctr. is one of the oldest and most relieable shops around.
Hear bad things? Well,thats not a first hand experience so I'll say your blowing the smoke. Or work for the Corvette Ctr. I'm sure they do good work. Just because you build good cars does not mean you can tune them correctly.

Cheers
Don
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Hear bad things? Well,thats not a first hand experience so I'll say your blowing the smoke. Or work for the Corvette Ctr. I'm sure they do good work. Just because you build good cars does not mean you can tune them correctly.

Cheers
Don
No i don't work at Corvette Ctr. Ray modded and tuned my GS last year and so far Zero issues. I guess what i take issue with is someone who doesn't really know the shop and goes off with unfounded negative info- Kinda like what i did for you-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning in CT?