Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Trying to plan a Cruise In... need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 PM
mikey whipreck
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Trying to plan a Cruise In... need some ideas

I've been asking to try to plan a Cruise In. I'm trying to make it not suck.

I'm looking for any input and advice about what you guys enjoy, what you think are good ideas or anything else that comes to mind. The Cruise In won't be corvette specific (though I'll most likely be driving mine).

I am thinking of doing one of these two ideas:
- Meet at the one local bar and grill, where it wouldn't cost anything, just come park and enjoy.
- The other option is to meet at a pavillion where pizza and such would be provided. I've figured the cost would be $3 or $4 / person.

They each have pros and cons, but I'm looking for input or anything you want to say about it.

TIA
Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Mikey,

Both ideas sound good.
Just pick something, pick a location and pick a date.
Keep in mind the date you pick will never please everyone so pick a date and stick to it.
I can stir up the NE crowd and the meetup crowd to get a good turn out
Old 01-26-2011, 08:31 AM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

Originally Posted by Rex Ruby
Mikey,
Both ideas sound good.
Just pick something, pick a location and pick a date.
Keep in mind the date you pick will never please everyone so pick a date and stick to it.
I can stir up the NE crowd and the meetup crowd to get a good turn out
John
I'm still looking forward to hanging out with the Ridley crew on a Sunday morning for breakfast and and a drive. Hopefully this spring.
that is all
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 334 Posts

The Cruise-Ins I've attended in North Jersey that seem to hold the largest attendance week after week are those held where there are food outlets....i.e. the Whiskey Cafe in Secaucus on Saturday nights. Large office complex parking lot that is empty on the weekends & the cafe right there for food & drink. Another is at the Wal-Mart in Boonton on Friday evenings.....very large parking lot & other food outlets besides WM. Just my 2 cents, but bringing in your own food/drink & collecting $$$ can be a real headache. If you do go the mall route, just be sure to get an OK from the management.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Waynez06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Live in PA but travel to NJ to visit my family all the time. I know my brother and I will show up. Although he drives a dodge daytona charger he would cruise with us. Pick a date and time and we'll be there.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe have food then a cruise somewhere interesting...Sounds like you are off to a good start
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Do you have any idea approximately where you would like to hold it? That could be a helpful factor in what type of event could work. There is a place in Augusta, NJ called the Chatterbox which is a '50s era type of drive-in. They hold weekly cruise nights for different types of vehicles so that could be a venue to consider. Sundays are open there if you're interested. They have a website www.chatterboxdrivein.com.

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to plan a Cruise In... need some ideas

Quick Reply: Trying to plan a Cruise In... need some ideas