Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Vettes at the Beach 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:01 AM
japc5
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Vettes at the Beach 2010

Vettes at the beach is in a few weeks July 25th:

http://www.syracusecorvetteclub.com/id15.html

Anyone planning on going who wants to meet up and park together?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Considering I missed today's show... YES, as long as it is a nice dry day.

We have to get there pretty early to get in the beach area (which went from the overflow area to the primary party spot in just 3 years).

Chuck
Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
RTUMARK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also totally missed vettes at towne center. So I plan to go to VAB.

Chuck is usually the master of the caravan. I follow his lead.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Well, I was about to post when I found JAPC5 had already started this thread... not sure if everyone will agree, but........

My usual path starts with a clump of Corvettes at the Dunkin' Donuts across from Great Northern Mall (at 6:15am). From there we can pick up more Vettes along the way on Rte 31 until we turn north onto Rte 13 to cruise into VATB.

For instance, we get to Nice N Easy at RT31/South Bayaround 6:30am and then the Sav On at Routes 13 and 31 right around 6:45am. From there it is north on 13 into The Beach.

Weather linky is below (continuously updating)

Chuck

Last edited by chuck1026; 07-24-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: CHANGE STOP FROM THEE DINER TO NICE N EASY
Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Pitt
Racer

Chuck,

As you requested, I read this thread and I responded. As with you, it will be weather depended for me also. Your updating weather forecast is nothing like the ones I've seen. Yours shows Wed. being in the low 70's. The ones I see call for in the 90's & 80's. I like mine better.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Armyboy79
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what time in Dunkin Donuts this year ?
Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Armyboy
So what time in Dunkin Donuts this year ?
Usually just a tick past 6am... we pull out at 6:15am and head for Thee Diner on Rte 31 for a quick pick-up, then one last one at the Sav-On-Gas at the corner of Rtes 31 and 13. That gets us to the Beach by 7am or so... not sure if that is early enough?

Maybe the entire schedule needs to be shifted to an earlier time?!?

What does everyone think? I wonder what the other 100 viewers who didn't post think? Why is it about 1% of all viewers post?

Sorry, just had to rant for a minute......

Chuck
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Pitt
Racer

[ I wonder what the other 100 viewers who didn't post think?
Sorry, just had to rant for a minute......

Chuck[/QUOTE]

Pertaining to your rant: A song title from my favorite group The Beatles: "NO REPLY"

Dennis
Old 07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Pitt
Pertaining to your rant: A song title from my favorite group The Beatles: "NO REPLY"

Dennis
... or a song title from my favorite band, Genesis, "No Reply at All"... from the record ABACAB... now I feel old, LOL.

On a lighter note (pardon the music pun) I just mailed in my registration. If it rains and I do not bring the Vette, the money still goes to charity, which is cool.

Hey youy CNY guys... are you gonna stay "incognito" or step up and make yourself known??? It's tough to plan when nobody will participate in the planning.

Jim was good enough to start a thread and now (like I have experienced in the past) the response volume is pathetic.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 AM
John G Pircsuk
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We can't make it this year. Graduation party at my house the day before and I'm sure it'll be a long day.

So no MOJITOS this year.

I'll try again to find a date in August to have everyone over for a cookout/swimming/v-ball/etc. If you don't have your e-mail connected to your forum account; e-mail it to me.

Have a great day guys.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 AM
japc5
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I just filled out my registration form and will be mailing it today. I missed last weeks Vette's at town center, last nights get together at Gander Mtn and will miss tonights activities for the Syracuse Nationals. I'm looking forward to Vettes and the Beach though.

Anyone planning on going to the Syracuse Nationals this week, the wife and I are thinking of going Saturday afternoon.

My cars been laid up since the 4th but should be back on the road by Saturday. On the way to my dads the bracket on my muffler broke by the time I realized it it was too late and it was hanging on to the H Pipe connecting flange my a thread. Had to cut it off and run with one muffler and an open pipe.

The outcome is a new set of GHL's (in the mail thanks to ECS) and since the cars been in the garage all by itself I got a chance to put the Porta Cable my wife bought me for Xmas to good use. So it will have nice sound and will be super shiny.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Iliad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chuck,

I might be able to hook up with you folks at Thee Diner at 6:30am for the drive to Sylvan Beach. I need to be up there by 7:00am to set up the SCC tent. How many people are left in this group? Anyone going to Liverpool for the Nationals cruise and the Regional Market tonight? I went to Gander MT. last night and sadly very few Vettes there.

Best,

DD

'92 ZR-1
'73 Top Flight
Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Armyboy79
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi. My son and I will be heading to the Nationals on Friday, but if it rains then we will be there on Saturday from 8 to 4PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by John G Pircsuk
We can't make it this year. Graduation party at my house the day before and I'm sure it'll be a long day.

So no MOJITOS this year.

I'll try again to find a date in August to have everyone over for a cookout/swimming/v-ball/etc. If you don't have your e-mail connected to your forum account; e-mail it to me.

Have a great day guys.
No mojitos or JGP?!? Truely a sad day!!! .

Originally Posted by japc5
I just filled out my registration form and will be mailing it today. I missed last weeks Vette's at town center, last nights get together at Gander Mtn and will miss tonights activities for the Syracuse Nationals. I'm looking forward to Vettes and the Beach though.

Anyone planning on going to the Syracuse Nationals this week, the wife and I are thinking of going Saturday afternoon.

My cars been laid up since the 4th but should be back on the road by Saturday. On the way to my dads the bracket on my muffler broke by the time I realized it it was too late and it was hanging on to the H Pipe connecting flange my a thread. Had to cut it off and run with one muffler and an open pipe.

The outcome is a new set of GHL's (in the mail thanks to ECS) and since the cars been in the garage all by itself I got a chance to put the Porta Cable my wife bought me for Xmas to good use. So it will have nice sound and will be super shiny.
Wow, lots of Nationals interest. Maybe us CF guys could meet yo Saturday afternoon somewhere (without late model Vettes) at the Fairgrounds? There is another thread on this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...ay-cruise.html

Originally Posted by Iliad
Hey Chuck,

I might be able to hook up with you folks at Thee Diner at 6:30am for the drive to Sylvan Beach. I need to be up there by 7:00am to set up the SCC tent. How many people are left in this group? Anyone going to Liverpool for the Nationals cruise and the Regional Market tonight? I went to Gander MT. last night and sadly very few Vettes there.

Best,

DD

'92 ZR-1
'73 Top Flight
Same as above re: Nationals http://forums.corvetteforum.com/nort...ay-cruise.html

Originally Posted by Armyboy
Hi. My son and I will be heading to the Nationals on Friday, but if it rains then we will be there on Saturday from 8 to 4PM.
Same thread as above... I will try to go Saturday, but not sure yet!

Could exchange cell numbers via PM...
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Steel Cities 1972
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Iliad
I went to Gander MT. last night and sadly very few Vettes there.
I was at Gander Mtn also and agree that very few Vettes made it out on Wednesday night.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it to Vettes at the Beach. I was really looking forward to it since I missed last year too. Sounds like a good time.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Well, as one of the viewers who didn't respond, I looked to see where this was, since it wasn't in the title. Since it is very far from me, I'm sure I won't make it, especially that early! I have the feeling I am not the only "viewer not responding" to be in that situation. The board would be more than a little cluttered if everyone who is NOT interested in attending an event posted such in each and every thread about the event.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by PKguitar
Well, as one of the viewers who didn't respond, I looked to see where this was, since it wasn't in the title. Since it is very far from me, I'm sure I won't make it, especially that early! I have the feeling I am not the only "viewer not responding" to be in that situation. The board would be more than a little cluttered if everyone who is NOT interested in attending an event posted such in each and every thread about the event.
Maybe I was not clear.. I was hoping those who are interested would reply, but it's fine if the regulars write in saying that something has come up... or it's fine if anyone writes in... at least we know somebody is breathing up here around Syracuse, LOL.

If you cruised into town Saturday, you could probably make the event though... but you are pretty far away from this one, and you NY guys have lots of cool stuff going on --- in fact, I have referred to your group in the past as one that does a better job of coomunicating intererst in events.

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Vettes at the Beach 2010

Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

I can't believe VAB is a week from tomorrow, but it is!!!

Hey, we need to solidify a plan. I must warn everyone I watch the weather very closely and post a last minute update at 6 am on Sunday.

That being said, this path has been tested and proven effective (which sounds like some perscription medicine, LOL).

My 45 minute trek starting from The DD on Rte 31 across from Great Northern mall works very well for a 7 am arrival, but anyone who wants to leave earlier, PLEASE post on here. I am willing to pull outta DD earlier if the majority rules it.

Chuck
Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 PM
rda2w
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Chuck,

I'll join convoy again this year. Want to make the Cicero pickup at the Nice N Easy at RT31/South Bay again instead of Thee Diner? If there are many cars it's easier to get out.

Bob
Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
01_torch_red_vette
Pro

The link isn't working for me. I am interested in going, but would like to know some more about the event. Would be my first time going since this is my first summer living in the syracuse area. I take there is a registration fee, how much is it? I am not sure I really want to get up that early either. Can you register that day, and if so is there a cut off time.

Quick Reply: Vettes at the Beach 2010