Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

***Bar Thread - Lazy Daze of Summer Bar***

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Finished up my project on the Vette that I worked on most of the weekend. Tomorrow I'll put the hood back on and take it for a nice cool drive. It's even hot up here in the mountains with the grass turning a nice shade of brown. Maybe rain on Thursday night.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Went and ordered a new grill tonight, a Weber Genesis, but it is too hot to cook outside anyway.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0
Went and ordered a new grill tonight, a Weber Genesis, but it is too hot to cook outside anyway.
Should have ordered the Summit series as I had nothing but problems with the Genesis series.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by jersey jay
Should have ordered the Summit series as I had nothing but problems with the Genesis series.
I did not have time to look into it and the summit was to big and pricey for me
Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
cyoul8rnj
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10-'12

Originally Posted by moserbe
Finished up my project on the Vette that I worked on most of the weekend. Tomorrow I'll put the hood back on and take it for a nice cool drive. It's even hot up here in the mountains with the grass turning a nice shade of brown. Maybe rain on Thursday night.
Good luck
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cyoul8rnj
Good luck
The Vette's all done and ready to rock and roll. Now it'll rain the next couple of days.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Mark I
Instructor

Saw Ringo Starr last night. Really good show with Sir Paul showing up at the end to sing "Birthday".

Luckily, they didn't let Yoko sing.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM
NYCHASM
Race Director

Location: Probably talking that police officer out of giving you a summons! ========== The Beautiful Lower Hudson Valley, NY
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mark I
Saw Ringo Starr last night. Really good show with Sir Paul showing up at the end to sing "Birthday".

Luckily, they didn't let Yoko sing.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

ok I feel like Humanoid here but I need to pick the brains of the forumites on house things...

Im looking to put some kind of flooring into a 17x11 room (approx. measurements) the room is currently on ground level with an access door to the driveway, and has a poured, colored, concrete floor. I want to use the room as an exercize room so Im looking for either rubber matting or rubber place and lock floor tiles or even a durable rug to place. Any ideas on where to get this stuff? I checked home depot and lowes and they have a couple of rugs but no rubber lock mats.... ideas please
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerGirl
ok I feel like Humanoid here but I need to pick the brains of the forumites on house things...

Im looking to put some kind of flooring into a 17x11 room (approx. measurements) the room is currently on ground level with an access door to the driveway, and has a poured, colored, concrete floor. I want to use the room as an exercize room so Im looking for either rubber matting or rubber place and lock floor tiles or even a durable rug to place. Any ideas on where to get this stuff? I checked home depot and lowes and they have a couple of rugs but no rubber lock mats.... ideas please
Kim,

Lowes and HD do carry the stuff you're looking for, but it's not usually in the flooring dept. Look in the garage-organization area (heavy duty shelving and storage bins, worktables etc). They might just have a small sampling so you can see what it's like, and then special order it.

Also check any regular flooring store. If you want very high quality, heavy-duty look at some industrial supply places (MSC, Grainger, Fastenal). If you have a Tractor Supply Company in your area, check them too, they have some large pieces (4'x6' I think) that are very heavy (3/4" thick). They'd be a pain to cut and fit, but they'd probably last forever.

And finally, there's always fleabay, but shipping costs may outweigh any price advantage there.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
NYCHASM
Race Director

Location: Probably talking that police officer out of giving you a summons! ========== The Beautiful Lower Hudson Valley, NY
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

You feel like Humanoid? Humanoid would KNOW that the best place to acquire such mats would be at the nearest McDonald's that has a PlayPlace that ISN'T open 24 hours!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran

I could have swore i told you to look at the TrafficMaster Allure Vinyl Flooring at Home Depot, the flooring rated for garage & basement is better then the stuff that would go in the kitchen etc..,
Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

I want to use the room as an exercize room so Im looking for either rubber matting or rubber place and lock floor tiles or even a durable rug to place.
Exercise......?
Chris doesn't work hard enough, now you want him to exercise.....?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

I could have swore i told you to look at the TrafficMaster Allure Vinyl Flooring at Home Depot, the flooring rated for garage & basement is better then the stuff that would go in the kitchen etc..,
you did tell me to look at that but that was for the garage.. not the exercize room

Originally Posted by 6SPD98
Exercise......?
Chris doesn't work hard enough, now you want him to exercise.....?
who says he will use it? I know you would never know but I have always had a weight bench, treadmill, yoga stuff, etc... for me. His exercize is riding the motorcycle (besides.. gives him an excuse to get out of the house and away from me)

Originally Posted by NYCHASM
You feel like Humanoid? Humanoid would KNOW that the best place to acquire such mats would be at the nearest McDonald's that has a PlayPlace that ISN'T open 24 hours!
I like how you think

Originally Posted by Cyclonite
Kim,

Lowes and HD do carry the stuff you're looking for, but it's not usually in the flooring dept. Look in the garage-organization area (heavy duty shelving and storage bins, worktables etc). They might just have a small sampling so you can see what it's like, and then special order it.

Also check any regular flooring store. If you want very high quality, heavy-duty look at some industrial supply places (MSC, Grainger, Fastenal). If you have a Tractor Supply Company in your area, check them too, they have some large pieces (4'x6' I think) that are very heavy (3/4" thick). They'd be a pain to cut and fit, but they'd probably last forever.

And finally, there's always fleabay, but shipping costs may outweigh any price advantage there.

Good luck!
Good ideas thanks.. I dont have a Tractor Supply but I am going upstate to an auction this weekend by my dads house and he has all that kinda stuff up there like Tractor Supply, etc. I will however check out Grainger.. that we have down the road here
Old 07-09-2010, 05:02 AM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

BTW wheres Ralph????

Oh Ralphie................................

Your girl is going to be in NYC this morning performing on the Plaza of the morning show....

Oh wait.. thats right.. we all need to watch the Lady GaGa performance this morning.. Ralph will be the crazy older guy stalking the front of the stage

j/k Ralph but you should get out there.. the show is free
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 AM
carboman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Good morning Corvette fans. TGIF!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
ChrissieINjersey
Le Mans Master

Get notified of new replies

To ***Bar Thread - Lazy Daze of Summer Bar***

Old 07-09-2010, 08:05 AM
NYC Vette
Race Director

homo

Originally Posted by jersey jay
homo X 2

Should've gotten the George Foreman grill
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
6SPD98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18- '19

who says he will use it? I know you would never know but I have always had a weight bench, treadmill, yoga stuff, etc... for me. His exercize is riding the motorcycle (besides.. gives him an excuse to get out of the house and away from me)
I would be planning a few cross country trips......
Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran

you did tell me to look at that but that was for the garage.. not the exercize room
You said it is going over cement, so what is the difference for what you use the room for and the stuff is padded on the back as well

Quick Reply: ***Bar Thread - Lazy Daze of Summer Bar***