Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Another C5 crash...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 10:21 PM
robiferretti
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another DNGRZONE...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=221528

Now am young as well,but i am starting to think you should have some driving experience under your belt to get a c5...its a lot of engine and young drivers have trouble handling it. This is the second c5 crashed in the past 40 days...by a driver 18 or younger (this kid had a c5 at 16 :eek: ) . Both were driving on windy roads and lost control...both had Deer issues, but no hoof marks....and both had bald tires...

Let me say this its one thing to be young and be able to afford a nce car, but if you cant afford to maintain it it becomes a danger to yourself and the people around you. Not saying that this kid couldn't have bought the new tires but he is still very young and obviously the car came easy...when you get something after working hard for it you tend to take better care of it...(i'm rambling now...i'm going to go out) :rolleyes:
Old 01-18-2002, 10:23 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

This is the second c5 crashed in the past 40 days...by a driver 18 or younger (this kid had a c5 at 16 :eek: ) .
Think about how many more you don't know about.............
Old 01-19-2002, 01:09 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: (scorp508)

I agree with your points but for the future, please leave Chris (dngrzne) out of this crap.. I am sure he does need this brought up everytime there is a accident.. :yesnod: :)
Old 01-19-2002, 01:19 AM
WS6 TransAm Girl
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Really Robetti... time to drop it, I am sure he doesn't need you constantly rubbing it in his face :rolleyes:
Old 01-19-2002, 01:20 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Now am young as well,but i am starting to think you should have some driving experience under your belt to get a c5...
Ya' think?
Old 01-19-2002, 01:24 AM
robsvette
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (robiferretti)

when i was 16 i was spoiled with only a 1984 cavalier and it wasn't even the Z24 :( maybe he deserves his vette. glad he's OK
Old 01-19-2002, 05:41 AM
C5_PIG
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (robsvette)

when i was 16 i was spoiled with only a 1984 cavalier and it wasn't even the Z24 :( maybe he deserves his vette. glad he's OK
LOL, Rob I only got an 87 Trans Am. Those pics hurt!!!!!!!! Glad he is OK too.

RobF, I don't think that the young kids are the only ones crashing their C5's.
Old 01-19-2002, 06:08 AM
pkmoose
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (C5_PIG)

LOL, Rob I only got an 87 Trans Am. Those pics hurt!!!!!!!! Glad he is OK too.

RobF, I don't think that the young kids are the only ones crashing their C5's.
how about the Viper crowd, there have been a few crashes with them, and they have about 1/10 of the cars as we have C5's
Old 01-19-2002, 02:27 PM
DngrZne
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (pkmoose)

Just for everyone's info, I know how to handle a car. The car got away from me, too bad to be recovered. I tried to steer out of the slide, but it only compounded itself. I took the turn at the same speed or slower than all the other cars, as mine didn't have active handleing. If the tires had not been as worn I don't believe that the car would have slid in the first place, or I at least would have been able to steer out of it. In the end, yeah I screwed up, I should have put tires on it at the time instead of waiting to do it in the spring, but don't tell me I couldn't handle the car or that I had no business owning the car. If you saw how much blood. sweat, and tears I invested in getting that car perhaps your opinions may have changed. My dad said the guy in the body shop has seen this happen quite often to Vettes, and I'm pretty sure that I've read a few people who've lost control of their cars, even with active handling.

I must say thanks to Chris and Erin for saying how I've been feeling but didn't want to say for myself, until now. I'm going to ask everyone to quit putting my name under every car crash they can, and just drop it once and for all. Yes, I joked around about it too, but don't you think enough is enough? I feel bad enough about the car as it is. And just know, that if I had the money to throw around, I'd have gone out and bought another C5 that same day without having second thoughts. And Rob, you're only a few years older than me, so I don't think that qualifies you to judge me or anyone else younger than you on our driving skills and whether or not we should be allowed to own Vettes.

Sorry for the rant, but it was time that I said something,
Chris

[Modified by DngrZne, 12:31 PM 1/19/2002]
Old 01-19-2002, 02:37 PM
ElDiablo
Safety Car

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (DngrZne)

Just for everyone's info, I know how to handle a car. The car got away from me, too bad to be recovered. I tried to steer out of the slide, but it only compounded itself. I took the turn at the same speed or slower than all the other cars, as mine didn't have active handleing. If the tires had not been as worn I don't believe that the car would have slid in the first place, or I at least would have been able to steer out of it. In the end, yeah I screwed up, I should have put tires on it at the time instead of waiting to do it in the spring, but don't tell me I couldn't handle the car or that I had no business owning the car. If you saw how much blood. sweat, and tears I invested in getting that car perhaps your opinions may have changed. My dad said the guy in the body shop has seen this happen quite often to Vettes, and I'm pretty sure that I've read a few people who've lost control of their cars, even with active handling.

I must say thanks to Chris and Erin for saying how I've been feeling but didn't want to say for myself, until now. I'm going to ask everyone to quit putting my name under every car crash they can, and just drop it once and for all. Yes, I joked around about it too, but don't you think enough is enough? I feel bad enough about the car as it is. And just know, that if I had the money to throw around, I'd have gone out and bought another C5 that same day without having second thoughts. And Rob, you're only a few years older than me, so I don't think that qualifies you to judge me or anyone else younger than you on our driving skills and whether or not we should be allowed to own Vettes.

Sorry for the rant, but it was time that I said something,
Chris

[Modified by DngrZne, 12:31 PM 1/19/2002]
Sorry you are right :blueangel:
Old 01-19-2002, 02:50 PM
DngrZne
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (ElDiablo)

Sorry you are right :blueangel:
Old 01-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Chris, we all like to bust chops, but there is always a time and place. You have taken it very well, but it's in the past and we should keep it there.
Old 01-19-2002, 03:20 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

And Rob, you're only a few years older than me
:confused: :confused: :confused:

HEY, isn't he about 6 years younger than you Chris? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, When I was your age I had an accident a day for 3 days in row. Imagine the **** I took from everyone! **** happens, chalk it up to experience, learn from it and put it in the past. :cheers:
Old 01-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Dolph
Burning Brakes

I do not post very often but had to chime in here.
First when I met Dngrzone I viewed him as being far more mature than my 28 year old counterparts. So I for one do not believe age is always the reason behind accidents.
Secondly I had my Viper get away from me on a Sunday morning at 70mph, 360'd and straightened itself out without any damage. I consider myself a very good driver with a commerical drivers liscense to drive duelies!
I feel bad for the guys who wreck. I think right away people pass judgement and say thay are at fault. There are way to many variables that come into play when driving. Russian roulette I tell ya!!!!
Good luck and be safe. Can't wait to see everyone in the spring!!!

:seeya :D :D :D
Old 01-19-2002, 05:28 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

:rolleyes:
Old 01-19-2002, 05:34 PM
C5_PIG
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Another DNGRZONE... (REDGAR)

I don't think Rob F was implying anything with this post, but I did point out that young people are not the only ones that crash. It happens to the best of us, myself included. I've had my shares of crashes but not with the Vette, knock on wood. So lets not let this thread get carried away.
Old 01-19-2002, 06:58 PM
robiferretti
Drifting

i agree that its not only young people that crash...however its far better to have a good number of miles under your belt...Chris I am not ripping on you but what happened is something to learn from... When i got my vette i had already logged over 150,000 miles of driving, and it still takes getting used to the power. I am not saying your a bad driver but there are things that have to be learned and time and experience is the only way to learn them.

Get notified of new replies

To Another C5 crash...

Old 01-19-2002, 07:04 PM
robiferretti
Drifting

And by the way as far as deserving something i dont think thats an issue... If you work hard to get something you've earned it thats fine but earning and deserving something are two different stories...i see a lot of people that deserve more then they get from life...

I do however deserve this blonde i am taking plowing with me tonight and i am off to pick her up now :yesnod: HAve a good night everyone :cheers:
Old 01-19-2002, 08:20 PM
DngrZne
Le Mans Master

And by the way as far as deserving something i dont think thats an issue... If you work hard to get something you've earned it thats fine but earning and deserving something are two different stories...i see a lot of people that deserve more then they get from life...

I do however deserve this blonde i am taking plowing with me tonight and i am off to pick her up now :yesnod: HAve a good night everyone :cheers:

Rob, sorry, didn't mean to go off on you like that before. I had just woke up and I am sick so I'm feeling pretty crappy right now and I guess that made me take it the wrong way. No hard feelings.

Chris :blueangel:
Old 01-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I don't think Rob F was implying anything with this post, but I did point out that young people are not the only ones that crash. It happens to the best of us, myself included. I've had my shares of crashes but not with the Vette, knock on wood. So lets not let this thread get carried away.
What... are you and Robobetty dating now.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Reply: Another C5 crash...