Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned?

Old 12-20-2008, 01:32 AM
heavyt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned?

Guy is selling his sts turbo kit, where is the best place around here to get it tuned at? I'm willing to cart the car 2 hours at the most. I've never had a turbo setup that needed tuned so i dunno if I could drive it or would need to load it on a skid from uhaul.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:35 AM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

give ecs a call, they can probably get you a baseline tune thats driveable and finish it off at the shop and on the dyno properly.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Feel free to give me a call ide be more than happy to tune it for you.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Foo King Zo6
Le Mans Master

Location: E.C.S 402 Stroker, Who wants To Taste It! 3:73'S 520 RWH 496 TQ in Los pantolones

I would definitely try E.C.S.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyt
Guy is selling his sts turbo kit, where is the best place around here to get it tuned at? I'm willing to cart the car 2 hours at the most. I've never had a turbo setup that needed tuned so i dunno if I could drive it or would need to load it on a skid from uhaul.
The STS turbo kit, direct from the factory, comes with a predator programmer with thier special turbo tune loaded on. I'd make sure the seller includes this, and if he doesn't, I'd have to wonder what other parts he's going to leave out as well.

Another option would be to find someone with a tuning package that could download the sellers turbo tune and then install onto yours.

As mentioned, I can say that both ECS and RPM do great work. Other options would be Vette Doctors and Cartek. Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business, and I've heard good things about the guy that Fran uses for tuning as well, but no first hand experience. I bought HPTuners myself and try and do most of my tuning now.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:18 PM
heavyt
Instructor

Originally Posted by nj02vette
The STS turbo kit, direct from the factory, comes with a predator programmer with thier special turbo tune loaded on. I'd make sure the seller includes this, and if he doesn't, I'd have to wonder what other parts he's going to leave out as well.

Another option would be to find someone with a tuning package that could download the sellers turbo tune and then install onto yours.

As mentioned, I can say that both ECS and RPM do great work. Other options would be Vette Doctors and Cartek. Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business, and I've heard good things about the guy that Fran uses for tuning as well, but no first hand experience. I bought HPTuners myself and try and do most of my tuning now.

thanks i'll ask him if the predator programmer is included.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by undertaker
give ecs a call, they can probably get you a baseline tune thats driveable and finish it off at the shop and on the dyno properly.
Originally Posted by Foo King Zo6
I would definitely try E.C.S.
Originally Posted by nj02vette
Personally, I know that Doug at ECS does awesome tuning and is considered one of the best in the business

thanks guys - give us a call on Monday 609-752-0321 and we can help you out.

We are getting ready to sell another Turbo kit in the next few days so we are use to tuning them.

Bob@ECS

Old 12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by heavyt
Cartek Racing (www.cartek.net - 908-317-4496) in NJ has successfully tuned, designed and installed numerous turbocharger and supercharger set ups in late model Corvettes, should be just about two hours from you as well.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:33 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm pretty sure sts turbos themselves accredits cartek as the reason why 6 of the top ten gtos in the country are there because of carteks knowledge and tuning of the sts turbo you can google that info
Old 12-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Max@Cartek
Drifting

Give us a call, we have a great handle on tuning for forced induction, especially for the LS series of engines.

Not only do we fabricate our own systems, but we are one of the pioneers for rear mount turbo designs. STS's fastest street cars have originated from our shop.

Here is a video of a customers' car with a rear mount turbo system, as a matter of fact it's on STS's website as well:

http://www.cartek.net/videos/stealth887.wmv

Not that it is identical to the system you are getting, because it's not, but it goes to show our profound understanding of the requirements for this type of system design. we have done countless STS installs, rest assured that the system will be installed or tuned correctly.

if you have any questions don't hesitate to call us.

Thanks,
Maxwell Hormilla
Old 12-26-2008, 12:38 PM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ecs all the way. Im 100% satisfied with them and wouldnt go another way
Old 12-26-2008, 09:03 PM
heavyt
Instructor

I'm looking for a really good deal on a turbo setup, like so good I can't pass it up. Right now I'm looking for install tune and gauges install and if I need injectors and pump so be it as well but I'm looking for a total package price.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 407 Likes on 305 Posts

The guy Fran uses to tune has done probably half of the f-bodies in NJ (no lie). He has also done a ton of FI C5's and C6's. Can't go wrong with any of the other major tuners as well.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 PM
heavyt
Instructor

yeah true. I'm just trying to get the best deal I can on a turbo setup but I'm looking at getting everything done at once since its winter.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I just watched a show on Speedvision this morning ( Gearz), where they put one in in less than a half hour.How come it takes everyone else here so much longer to do?
They didn't even have to get the car tuned when it was done. Just slap on those turbos, hook up the tubes, intercooler, and he was smoking those tires in less than half an hour. THAT GUY IS GOOD!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at picking up a used sts twin turbo kit, where to get it tuned?