Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Pocono Raceway Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default Pocono Raceway Pics

Here are pics taken at the Pocono raceway.

Dr. Ron and My car

Geneus Leading the Pack

Ron after I let him go by (only on the straights in the infield he kicked my butt)

Ron trying to take the outside from me - not this time

Silver C5 trying the same move - I don't think he was ready for my 440 rwhp

Not even a chance

Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
BT-01-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to do this next time....looks like a blast
Old 08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by BT-01-vette
I have to do this next time....looks like a blast

Oh it was. and you can see passing was legal at 100+ mph was legal and safe...
Old 08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

Next time we should leave off all that plastic and tape...we'll go faster.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

No chicks
Old 08-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Geneus
Bob,

Next time we should leave off all that plastic and tape...we'll go faster.

next time in the NASCAR turn you should take your foot of the brake - lol

Luckily the yellow doesn't show the tape as much as the black....
Old 08-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by StephenT
No chicks

not really. Next time I have to think of waht would Stephen take a picture of...
Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Nulltime
Drifting

Being the total new guy that I am ....what is the tape for? And why is there a funny looking little white car trying to catch you?

Cool pics, looks like alot of fun. Maybe someday when I take off my training wheels
Old 08-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Aquaman92
Le Mans Master

pics
Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Nulltime
Being the total new guy that I am ....what is the tape for? And why is there a funny looking little white car trying to catch you?

Cool pics, looks like alot of fun. Maybe someday when I take off my training wheels

Ok - the tape is there to stop rocks and rubber from damaging the hood. Funny that you would think a race track is clean, but in reality there is all sorts of junk on it. The blue tape was used to hold a large clear piece of plastic that did most of the protection.

There are other cars ont he track because this is not a Corvette Event only. Other cars are also welcomed. Some of the cars were faster and some of them slower. Some of the drivers were great and some were real bad. There are different levels (Black, Red, Blue, White, Green) that you can enter in based on your experience.

As a note I think everyone should go to learn the characteristics of your car. Don, Ron and I were all amazed on how well these cars really handle. The club that we went with also provided instructors for people that were at the track for the first time to help with brake pooints, lines, and understanding apexes.

By the end of the day I was running over 150 mph which was a 20 mph improvement over the beginning of the day.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
Ok - the tape is there to stop rocks and rubber from damaging the hood. Funny that you would think a race track is clean, but in reality there is all sorts of junk on it. The blue tape was used to hold a large clear piece of plastic that did most of the protection.

There are other cars ont he track because this is not a Corvette Event only. Other cars are also welcomed. Some of the cars were faster and some of them slower. Some of the drivers were great and some were real bad. There are different levels (Black, Red, Blue, White, Green) that you can enter in based on your experience.

As a note I think everyone should go to learn the characteristics of your car. Don, Ron and I were all amazed on how well these cars really handle. The club that we went with also provided instructors for people that were at the track for the first time to help with brake pooints, lines, and understanding apexes.

By the end of the day I was running over 150 mph which was a 20 mph improvement over the beginning of the day.

You big baby!!

I've been on the pocono track twice now, never used any tape or plastic and I've never gotten a single rock chip. Unless you were drafting, I don't see how you could get a rock chip, most of the time, the cars are pretty spaced out on the straightaways.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:36 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by alex1217
You big baby!!

I've been on the pocono track twice now, never used any tape or plastic and I've never gotten a single rock chip. Unless you were drafting, I don't see how you could get a rock chip, most of the time, the cars are pretty spaced out on the straightaways.

now lets start with the name throwing - you will not like the result

I have to say that we were not spread out that far. When I hit 150mph I was not that far away from Geneus. I was close enough that my hood was bouncing all over the place from the wind...
Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

now lets start with the name throwing - you will not like the result

I have to say that we were not spread out that far. When I hit 150mph I was not that far away from Geneus. I was close enough that my hood was bouncing all over the place from the wind...

How many cars were on the track at once?? Whenever I've gone to Pocono, they send us out in groups of at most 6 I believe and they let us onto the track after the person before you is midway on the first turn.

Of course, with your new Heads and Cam package, you could probably lap most people on the track so that's probably why you were rubbing up against the guy in front of you. I can't wait to hear your vette in person!!! I'll see you tomorrow in the city!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by alex1217
How many cars were on the track at once?? Whenever I've gone to Pocono, they send us out in groups of at most 6 I believe and they let us onto the track after the person before you is midway on the first turn.

Of course, with your new Heads and Cam package, you could probably lap most people on the track so that's probably why you were rubbing up against the guy in front of you. I can't wait to hear your vette in person!!! I'll see you tomorrow in the city!

I think we had 20 in our group...
Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

As a note I think everyone should go to learn the characteristics of your car. Don, Ron and I were all amazed on how well these cars really handle. The club that we went with also provided instructors for people that were at the track for the first time to help with brake points, lines, and understanding apexes.
On a related topic, have you considered attending one of the advanced driving schools. I did Bragg-Smith (now Spring Mountain (a forum vendor)) a couple years ago. Amazing what you learn about handling your car and handling a road course / track.

Cool pics...
Old 08-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Scoob
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love that track!

Was that a PDA event? I ran with the Viper club on the 18th.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Wicked, count me in 100% for the next pocono event!

Ive had my car on Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Super Street Tour from NJ -Ga. Every year they end the event at the track and you do 2 victory laps. Im always getting thrown out by exceeding speeds over 80mph. speed limit is like 40mph and your not allowed to pass.

After the 1st lap I go ***** to the wall since i have nothing to lose.

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono Raceway Pics

Old 08-27-2005, 11:18 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Pocono's Pda

the next pda event at the pocono's is oct 1st and 2nd. i'm already signed up . just got to theire web site pdadrivingschool.com and register. it would be really cool if a group of us go. the last one i went to was in march and it was a corvette only event. (which was great)
Old 08-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
the next pda event at the pocono's is oct 1st and 2nd. i'm already signed up . just got to theire web site pdadrivingschool.com and register. it would be really cool if a group of us go. the last one i went to was in march and it was a corvette only event. (which was great)

I'd like to be able to make this, but have a prior commitment on Saturday. Also, we're planning on going to Watkins Glenn the following weekend, and I think I'd be in hot water at home if I were to do 2 events in a row.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:50 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Geneus
I'd like to be able to make this, but have a prior commitment on Saturday. Also, we're planning on going to Watkins Glenn the following weekend, and I think I'd be in hot water at home if I were to do 2 events in a row.
I explained to my wife that GM sent me a compliance notification, and simply stated i have to go to at least 3 driving events a year, or i'll lose my Z06 certification

Quick Reply: Pocono Raceway Pics